Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: 2010 Succession game: Standardcobras! No joes or gnomes allowed!  (Read 8480 times)

Kutan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Succession game: Standardcobras! No joes or gnomes allowed!
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 07:26:55 pm »

Apparently I've run into a bug where our dorfs won't place bins in stockpiles to fill the bins. This is uhm.. Not good. It completely ruins my plans to make infinite amounts of crafts to deal with our messy fortress. I'm not sure what to do. I'm strongly tempted to make a "quantum pile," but I expect disapproving.

Edit: Apparently the smelter won't recognize bituminous coal as a fuel either. What the hell, man? WHAT AM I DOING WROOOOOOOONG?!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:37:06 pm by Kutan »
AY LOL

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 07:30:56 pm »

Ronin: I was thinking that after we've had our turns we could all just take another turn... but sure, since we may get some more sign ups I'll add you for a second turn to build a doomesday ray or something!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 08:23:37 pm »

Apparently I've run into a bug where our dorfs won't place bins in stockpiles to fill the bins. This is uhm.. Not good. It completely ruins my plans to make infinite amounts of crafts to deal with our messy fortress. I'm not sure what to do. I'm strongly tempted to make a "quantum pile," but I expect disapproving.

Edit: Apparently the smelter won't recognize bituminous coal as a fuel either. What the hell, man? WHAT AM I DOING WROOOOOOOONG?!

I've been lurking here a bit, and just noticed your dilemma. Bituminous coal isn't fuel, it needs to be refined into coke to be used as fuel. 1 bituminous coal = 3 bars of fuel

Kutan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2010, 08:25:26 pm »

Yeah, I realized my error with wording, but the problem still stands that the smelter doesn't want to see any of my bituminous coal to turn it into coke.
AY LOL

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 08:39:34 pm »

Yeah, I realized my error with wording, but the problem still stands that the smelter doesn't want to see any of my bituminous coal to turn it into coke.

Oh, well, in that case, I have no clue.

Monkey King

• Bay Watcher
  • I MUST HAVE BODY PARTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 09:19:51 pm »

Man, what is it with this fortress and mining accidents? Illegal coal mines are safer than this place. I was going to ask to be dwarfed early, but I'm afraid "I" will get killed before my turn comes around.

I swear I've seen people talking about the bituminous coal bit. I'm digging around trying to remember if I saw a solution, but I think it was something about it being processed under another menu or something.

Monkey King

• Bay Watcher
  • I MUST HAVE BODY PARTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 09:25:14 pm »

Aha! You need coke to make more coke. 1 coke + 1 bituminous coal = 3 coke. Charcoal is interchangeable with coke, so have the wood burner make you some charcoal and you're in business.

EDIT: Oh wait, somebody said that already. I misunderstood the problem. Well... huh. I dunno, burn a truckload of wood as a stopgap?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:28:01 pm by Monkey King »

Kutan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2010, 12:42:23 am »

Standardcobras Overseer Log - 27th Galena:
Today a dyer became suicidal. No one knows his name, this is probably the reason behind it. Though recently he began work on some sort of stonecraft, I don't think he ever managed to complete it. The fortress continues to run without him. Nothing much else to report, I'm quite honestly growing weary of this fortress; the inhabitants are beginning to disobey me. I just hope I can end my shift as overseer before disaster truly strikes.

OOC Character Info Update:
Teranar: Legendary Axedwarf, Legendary Fighter (One Dark Gnome Kill)
TheLastRonin: Proficient Woodcutter, Adept Carpenter
Kutan: Grand Master Swordsdwarf, Legendary Fighter, Talented Dodger (2 Mountain Goat Kills and 4 Warthog Kills)
PANZER: Talented Armorsmith, Competent Gem Cutter
Matuin: Skilled Miner, Talented Metalsmith
Bucket: Accomplished Butcher, Talented Cook

Standardcobras Overseer Log - 26th Timber:
Aha! A caravan came today all the way from the mountainhomes. It's good to see bearded faces in the trade depot. There were only a few things in need of requesting for next year, but Standardcobras is, for the most part, self-sustained. We traded our surplus of jewelry and other goods for new weaponry and other necessities. I suppose I'll close the log and call it a night, all that diplomacy has gotten me quite sleepy.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 02:45:24 am by Kutan »
AY LOL

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2010, 03:38:03 pm »

PANZER's journal 28th Timber
I was down in the stores today, looking for reason why I had no Iron to make caps with. So I into furniture storage and it's full of empty bins. Now I think to myself "These bins should be holding Iron bars." So I pick one up to take to Bar storage near the forge, and this guy in the Haulers union Screams bloody murder at me. "YOU AREN'T A LICENSED HAULER! YOU CAN'T MOVE THINGS! YOU'RE A SMITH! GET AWAY FROM THAT BIN!", So I says to him "I need this for Iron bars, and none of you guys are moving them." "They are to heavy." he says "It's empty" I says "We are going to fill them" he says "As soon as we move them they will be filled and then they will be to heavy." "But they are empty now." I says "DO I TELL YOU HOW TO DO YOUR JOB?! DO I JUST STORM INTO THE FORGE AND TELL YOU TO MAKE LOW BOOTS?!" He says "So you need Low boots?" I says. Course I knew the answer was yes, so I just left to ask the manager to post a work order for Low boots for every one. I hope we get steel soon.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2010, 03:42:12 am »

I *THINK* Kutan is done with his turn, but since the forums were down for a bit he was unable to post it obviously, so stay turned everyone!

Kutan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2010, 12:09:14 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2143

Standardcobras ready for use! I'll post my logs after I'm sure the forum isn't going to flip out while I'm posting them.
AY LOL

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2010, 12:13:37 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2143

Standardcobras ready for use! I'll post my logs after I'm sure the forum isn't going to flip out while I'm posting them.

I want, I want, deliver them now! :D
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2010, 02:37:36 pm »

Ok! Someone tell Gnooble he can wake up from his drunken coma and get to fixing or destroying the fortress!

Kutan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2010, 04:36:37 pm »

I honestly didn't get too much done, I was kind of furious over the bugs I ran into, hopefully the next overseers will be able to work around them.
AY LOL

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2010, 07:30:10 pm »

I'll have to start tomorrow as I'm about to head to work, but set it to downloading.
A dwarf walks into a bar.
Dwarf cancels Haul Item: Booze now available.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8