Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: 2010 Succession game: Standardcobras! No joes or gnomes allowed!  (Read 8464 times)

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was decided we should do one of these in IRC, and I have made the mistakebeen bestowed the honor of starting it up! This first post will be heavily edited so I can make announcements and try to keep up with who's signed up to play here

Technical Notes: Turned rain off to prevent Melting Dwarf Syndrome.

Current notes: Fortress name: StandardCobras, part of the Civilization The Exalted Paints, which appears to have conquored some Elves along the way.

Current Rules: These are always needed...
Turns are 1 year, and we go in whatever order we end up deciding on, from spring to spring.
No purposely Sabotoging the Fortress by flooding it with Magma
No attempted Catsplosions, basically use common sense and don't try to nuke the place.
No purposely murdering Nobles, or dwarves in general. Its more fun to try to fulfill their demands.

Current: Gnooble's ready to undo the damage of the previous 3 rulers! I hope.

Currently Signed up:
TheLastRonin
Kutan
Gnooble <-
Jetsquirrel
n00bs4uce
warhammer651
Monkey King
Fault (Depending on if he's avaliable or unavaliable or goes crazy and runs into a wall)
Matuin
Plank of Wood
More Ronin DOOOOMFun!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 02:36:52 pm by Teranar »

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
STANDARDCOBRAS!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 05:35:02 am »

A far far time ago on a planet a long long ways away...

DWARF WARS!!
Episode XVIII: Standardcobras

In the northern parts of The Future Realms on the Continents of Thundering along the ridge of The Hateful Walls mountain range the mighty nation The Exalted Paints, weakened by their wars with the Goblins and Elves, sent forth 7 intrepid Dwarves to establish a supply, mining, and training base so they might strengthen their beloved nation in case of future wars against the Elves and the Humans

Arriving at the location, under direct orders from queen Edeum Vabokkadol, the 7 dwarves founded a fortress that they dubbed Standardcobras, and vowed to see it make their nation strong and rise... or bring their beloved Exalted Paints to ruin...

Well I've planned out a nice location, no hostile animals yet, and we *SHOULD* be safe at the base of the mountain.

Should.

19th Slate:
Mid Spring has come, and no one has died yet, the only local wildlife have been warthogs (And they told me these mountains were haunted. HAH!) and we've carved out a nice makeshift hole in the mountain.:

You can see where we've carved out small hovels and workshops, and on the left you can see me building a floodgate to irrigate our farms! The planned section there is intended to be our dining hall when we get it built. We've already dug out space below it from which to store our food. More to report as time goes on...

12th Felsite:
Irrigation is a success! Farms are getting plowed in the mud and should be planting Plump Helmets by the end of the month!

Summer has come and the lads threw up the dining hall faster than I've *EVER* seen them do *ANYTHING*. They must really be hungry.

25th Hematite:
There are RATS in the fortress!
RATS!! LOOK!!!!:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:05:54 am by Teranar »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 2010 Succession game
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 06:37:14 am »

Ugh... That the dwarves have BEDS!?

LUXURY!!! VANITY!!!

When I get my turn all dwarves will begin work on great projects and monuments in my honour, paid for with much dwarven blood... Not go shopping at IKEA :P.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:28:05 am »

I'll play.
A dwarf walks into a bar.
Dwarf cancels Haul Item: Booze now available.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:51:31 am »

meh 2

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 01:23:27 pm »

I have unfortunate real-life dealings but I will follow.
Can I be dorfed? I would like to be the first born.

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 01:27:49 pm »

I have unfortunate real-life dealings but I will follow.
Can I be dorfed? I would like to be the first born.

Ok with being one of the first immigrants?

Also finishing up the first year at work, I'm actually dissapointed that the first year has been so boring so far. The Dorf I dorfed myself as is a lumberjack that doubles as a trained soldier whom I can't actually draft because they're slightly the expedition leader. ooops.

Kutan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 03:38:50 pm »

I'm going to drive this fortress STRAIGHT INTO THE GROUND! A DITCH. SOME GOLD?
AY LOL

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 03:46:40 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the melting rain was more a result of the climate being above med settings thus causing the rain to function like magma.

I'll take a turn as well
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:49:08 pm by n00bs4uce »
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 03:48:43 pm »

I'll take a turn.

Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Monkey King

• Bay Watcher
  • I MUST HAVE BODY PARTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 05:52:54 pm »

Since Teranar nagged me to do so, here I am ready to administer this fortress to the best of my ability. Which will probably turn out poorly, since I'm not really sure how to correctly irrigate farmland in the new version yet. I'm sure if I keep throwing levers I'll figure it out on my own.

How much mountain top do we have? There's a mega construction I've always wanted to try, but it takes a lot of mountain.

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 05:58:05 pm »

Since Teranar nagged me to do so, here I am ready to administer this fortress to the best of my ability. Which will probably turn out poorly, since I'm not really sure how to correctly irrigate farmland in the new version yet. I'm sure if I keep throwing levers I'll figure it out on my own.

How much mountain top do we have? There's a mega construction I've always wanted to try, but it takes a lot of mountain.

We have *PLENTY* of mountain, and I already irrigated the farm, though if we have to re-irrigate it don't leave the lever thrown very long or the reserve pit will fill up and flood the food supplies. Future admins can always modify this though...

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 07:24:55 pm »

We have *PLENTY* of mountain, and I already irrigated the farm, though if we have to re-irrigate it don't leave the lever thrown very long or the reserve pit will fill up and flood the food supplies. Future admins can always modify this though...

I'm off for 6-7 hours... If you're finished with the save Teranar post it to the file depot and I'll download for my turn when I get back. Please include the whole Dwarf Fortress file as mine has alterations to it.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Succession game: Standardcobras! No joes allowed!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 08:28:20 pm »

you know what now that you're here can I change it back to

"SIGN ME UP"? Please?

I realized that it will be some time before that other sucession game gets to my turn, so, I have more time.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:27:49 pm by Fault »

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Succession game: Standardcobras! No joes allowed!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 09:25:53 pm »

(( Sorry for the delay folks, work was harsh today, and I mean REALLY harsh, like, makes babies cry harsh. I'm almost done, I swear! And my pictures are not uploading so enjoy text only! ))
Immigrants!

Wonderful! Now we can-
Wait
HOW MANY?!
8 Dwarves, bringing our population to 15. Better churn out some more beds... most of them have farming skills, but some of them have secondary skills that are more useful at this time.

I've noticed our Doctor doesn't seem to be making very many friends. She seems nice enough, but I've seen her exchange glares with our Mason and one of our miners.

16th Malachite: A dwarf just came up to me and screamed "WHY'S RUM GONE?!?!" We appear to be running low on drink. I've ordered the brewer and farmer to get off their butts and make more lifeblood alcohol.

Also I've been handed all these rock tablets demanding signatures, so I've started construction on a bloody office from which to handle all this paperwork.

It is now fall... wait, what's outside?
DARK GNOMES!! Several of the buggers jumped out and harassed some mad dwarf trying to fish! Said Dwarf is also part of the millitia so he was able to fight back. The gnomes were quickly scattered, I took one down while the other soldiers chased the other one down.

The Dark Gnomes continue to surge in and give us problems. We have decided to give THEM problems, I grabbed the other two millitiadwarves and we went out on a seek and destroy mission. Tonight we dine on Gnome!

The trade caravan looked at us funny as they rolled in...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8