Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The 50 Move Relay, The race has begun!  (Read 2405 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
The 50 Move Relay, The race has begun!
« on: April 14, 2010, 02:04:10 am »

So here's the deal. We all know about CYOAs, right? And some of them give you points? Well, this is the same thing-except four players race against each other to get the most points in 50 turns. You will be randomly given a mission, and you need to get going FAST. Like I said, you only have 50 moves.

I need players. Anyone interested?

1. Phantom
2. Vlynndar
3. Strife26
4. VincValentine
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 02:52:38 pm by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: The 50 Move Relay, taking runners!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:14:35 am »

Oi, I'm interested.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:54:14 am »

I'm in. Unless I'm too slow.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 05:02:58 am »

I'm not sure I understand the mechanics of this one? Do players compete for the highest score in individual missions, or do they simply take different paths through the same mission and see who gains more score? Or something else?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 07:13:16 am »

Why not?

Sure, I'm in.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 10:16:30 am »

I'm not sure I understand the mechanics of this one? Do players compete for the highest score in individual missions, or do they simply take different paths through the same mission and see who gains more score? Or something else?
The first.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 02:12:44 pm »

Sounds fun, I'm in.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 02:50:36 pm »

Good. Now, I'm gonna use reCaptcha to work out your levels. Use two words and see what enters my mind.

And as the four brave runners set up on the starting block in front of the portal, every kink of emotion passes though them. The gun is fired and away they go...

Phantom-Time Wiring

On entrance to the portal, you appear inside a giant clock. Gears are everywhere. You are wielding a crowbar. There seems to be markings on one of the gears, and there is a door built into another. Both are within acsess range. There seems to be a Point Marker some distance away.

Vlynndar-Stomping Detroit

You enter and find yourself in what seems to be a model city of Detroit. The largest buildings barely make it up to your groin. The point marker is in the distance-but a mini-military are firing at you. You also note that you can now breath fire.

Strife26-Degrees Did

You end up in some algebra filled place. Hang on-this is your old maths book! The star maker you drew is a couple pages foreward, but you are trapped in a triangle. You remember it well-it is right-angled and has side legnths 5, 12 and x, where x>12. Now, what was x again...

VincValentine-Brawlers In

You end up in a Subspace Emmisianary (from Super Smash Bros. Brawl) level. The door is marked LOCKED. There is also a ladder in the room, and there seems to be a gap above you. You guess that the Point Marker is later on in the level.

Ok, the quicker you get to your marker, the more points you get. You also get points for examining things and getting things right. I can also give you a hint at the cost of a point. When you get to a Marker, I give you a new level.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: The 50 Move Relay, The race has begun!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 02:56:19 pm »

Crowbar door open.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 03:54:37 pm »

Examine plane. Am I 2d? What is the triangle made of? Say "Interesting. X is lucky thirteen . . ."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 04:30:51 pm »

My mind is torn between stomping Detroit and carefully making my way to the marker.

I'll do a tapdance to placate them.

If it goes horribly wrong, I'm stomping Detroit, if it goes right, "whoo."
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 04:50:53 pm »

I'll climb up the ladder then I guess. How exciting.
Oh, and if possible test if I am one of the characters from SSBB and if I have any B-Button attacks.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:53:09 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 01:57:37 am »

Crowbar door open.
Well, that was easy. The next room contains a pole-like in pole vault.
Examine plane. Am I 2d? What is the triangle made of? Say "Interesting. X is lucky thirteen . . ."
2d. On your comment, the triangle breaks open and you run to the next page. It seems there's some algebra work here. Oh, and it seems to be blocking your path. It reads 3y+2=11. The question was what y was.

...There seems to be some scribbles above you.
My mind is torn between stomping Detroit and carefully making my way to the marker.

I'll do a tapdance to placate them.

If it goes horribly wrong, I'm stomping Detroit, if it goes right, "whoo."
I'll define placate as avoid.

You carefully march around Detroit, avoiding the buildings and forces. They stop firing at you.

POINT GET!
I'll climb up the ladder then I guess. How exciting.
Oh, and if possible test if I am one of the characters from SSBB and if I have any B-Button attacks.
You use the ladder to your advantage. You have no B-Button attacks. The next room contains five treasure chests, an inscription on the wall and three buttons labeled A, B, and C.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 12:52:52 pm »

Uh, pole vault towards point marker?

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 02:29:20 pm »

Examine the inscription. Then put ear on the side of one of the chests and knock on it, so I can hear if it is empty or not from the sound it makes. Repeat with other four chests.
Pages: [1] 2