Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bored, need something to draw  (Read 1698 times)

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
Re: Bored, need something to draw
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 06:09:46 pm »

Baby Cancels Clean-Self; Too Insane
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 06:32:00 pm »

I had the thought of having people post some engravings, artifacts, battle logs, descriptions, etc.. and having other people draw some artwork based on these.  For instance earlier I had a dog chained up in a room and a forgotten beast came in and bit him in half.  The forgotten beast was a gigantic tortoise with black scales that breathed fire.  I think it would be awesome to have a picture of something like that.  I might get around to drawing it myself but feel free to take a shot at it if you like.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 06:39:23 pm »

I've thought about doing this but never had time:

What really happens when you put all your marksdwarves in their own squad and station them all on the same tile?

Picture about 10 dwarves lying on top of each other, all pointing crossbows at one goblin  ;D.
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 08:15:42 pm »

I had the thought of having people post some engravings, artifacts, battle logs, descriptions, etc.. and having other people draw some artwork based on these.  For instance earlier I had a dog chained up in a room and a forgotten beast came in and bit him in half.  The forgotten beast was a gigantic tortoise with black scales that breathed fire.  I think it would be awesome to have a picture of something like that.  I might get around to drawing it myself but feel free to take a shot at it if you like.
Yeah, that's starting to get a bit beyond my skills. A good bit. I might give it a try just because.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 10:50:42 pm »

Yeah, that's starting to get a bit beyond my skills. A good bit. I might give it a try just because.

Yeah, I went ahead and scribbled something.  It's a tad violent so be warned.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 11:34:30 pm »

You might consider drawing Tholtig, from the thread linked to in my sig. There's still no art of her yet.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 12:20:44 am »

:-( my training is in logos and technical drawings. All these... fleshy organics with their dynamic poses and non-geometric perspective are hard.

Still, I'm getting better pretty fast by trying.

Edit: okay, I've picked tomorrow's picture, I'm going to try Tholtig, though I might pass on practicing with my markers and do her in Illustrator.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:25:21 am by LemonFrosted »

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 01:04:34 am »

Would you be willing to do a sad picture? I have one in mind if the answer is yes.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 02:58:00 pm by DarthCloakedDwarf »
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 02:18:20 am »

Magma. Tanning. Salon.

Nice tortoise and babyknifing.  Though the knife-baby I was expecting to actually be more of the strait-jackety type of crazy, it was a nice surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]