Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bored, need something to draw  (Read 1703 times)

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
Bored, need something to draw
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:24:15 am »

Work is slow these days and I've been enjoying the few things I've drawn for the wiki, but I'm plum out of ideas. What are some DF-related diagrams I can draw? Maybe a setup or mechanism that's semi-complicated but common, like the Pump Stack.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bored, need something to draw
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:28:09 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=54209.0

The image described at the end of the first page, by me.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Vulkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 01:45:52 am »

50 human children, drowning in a pond, with a human above them in a bronze breastplate with pine spikes and horse bones decorating it, bronze mail shirt, steel helmet, steel chain leggings and high steel boots shoving a bronze spear through one more child and pushing him off (and into the pond) at the same time. A few bloody corpses of those who didn't co-operate lying around, and maybe make some of the children drowned already.

I have to admit, it was a fairly efficient way to get rid of those children that were really getting in the way of my adventurer.

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 01:55:06 am »

The end of my greatest fortress PilllarMurder:

Our grand champion hammer dwarf fighting the Demon Un Sicknesstrust underneath our grand central fountain while the remaining 6 citizens of the fortress (One of whom was actually insane and trying to fight anyway) attempted to help with crossbow fire.

Save is on my laptop still, that fortress was still technically going, after that hammer dwarf defeated Un Sicknesstrust (The fountain they were under prevented him from being set on fire) a Bronze Colossus attacked, who was hurled into the fortress' sewer system, but I have so few dwarves left (4, counting our grand champion, the rest being useless nobles) and no immigrants will come because Un Sicknesstrust's minions murdered 140ish dwarves, the fortress will not last much longer.

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 03:06:21 am »

I was thinking more in terms of technical drawing, but I'm always up for a challenge. While the others are funny their not so much my style.

This, though, caught my attention
The end of my greatest fortress PilllarMurder:

Our grand champion hammer dwarf fighting the Demon Un Sicknesstrust underneath our grand central fountain while the remaining 6 citizens of the fortress (One of whom was actually insane and trying to fight anyway) attempted to help with crossbow fire.

Save is on my laptop still, that fortress was still technically going, after that hammer dwarf defeated Un Sicknesstrust (The fountain they were under prevented him from being set on fire) a Bronze Colossus attacked, who was hurled into the fortress' sewer system, but I have so few dwarves left (4, counting our grand champion, the rest being useless nobles) and no immigrants will come because Un Sicknesstrust's minions murdered 140ish dwarves, the fortress will not last much longer.

so here's the preliminary lines for The Last Stand at Pillarmurder:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now I might not be able to sleep, but I still need to try.

Edit: lack of sleep has nothing to do with brewing diplomats.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 04:44:42 am »

draw a stone arcade booth with a dwarf fort version of final fight in it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 05:16:43 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=53282.msg1157562#msg1157562

Smurf dies the dwarfiest death ever, drowning in magma after being thrown by a towering Mite Titan.

Draw the injured mite titan attacking the turtle demon brass statue and Smurf leaping on the mite titan.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 08:45:33 pm »

Eh, not ecstatic with the final product but it was fun to try and ape a classic style.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 10:39:05 pm »

I think you should draw the babies from the "Baby cancels clean self: Too insane" threads that keep popping up. That would be worthy of the wiki on the page for babies if done well. Perhaps under the D for Dwarf section since that message is probably a bug yet still worthy of memory.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 11:00:43 pm »

Polar bear guzzles a (huge dwarven rum cask)!
It is super effective!

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 11:11:22 pm »

Oldie but goodie: two thong-clad champion wrestlers fighting on top of a donkey that's standing on top of a dwarf sleeping in his bed.

For Great Justice.

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 11:16:51 pm »

You know what happens when Hell runs out of room?

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 11:19:15 pm »

I think you should draw the babies from the "Baby cancels clean self: Too insane" threads that keep popping up. That would be worthy of the wiki on the page for babies if done well. Perhaps under the D for Dwarf section since that message is probably a bug yet still worthy of memory.
This I can probably do, since it's more cartoony.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 11:22:41 pm »

You know what happens when Hell runs out of room?
they take home in a goblin fort?~40d
they take home any where?~31.#
the dead walk the evil biomes?~dwarf fort?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: [1] 2