Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: My Girlfriend Is Stalking Me  (Read 25811 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: My Girlfriend Is Stalking Me
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2010, 01:35:05 pm »

Damn, how long till we get hand-held rail guns?

All you have to do is build one.
Google it.
I prefer coilguns though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2010, 01:36:43 pm »

I've openly carried a bokken down the street and no one bothered me--and yes, that is a lethal weapon.  My personal guess is that it's more about attitude than the action in and of itself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2010, 02:47:46 pm »

I've openly carried a bokken down the street and no one bothered me--and yes, that is a lethal weapon.  My personal guess is that it's more about attitude than the action in and of itself.
Its a lethal weapon in the same way a stick is a lethal weapon, because they're the same thing.

Personally I carry a folding boxcutter
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A small spring assist knife
and a little spike thing

Around with me almost all the time. I wouldn't use them for self defense but they're useful tools and have come in handy more times then I can count. I also usually have a multi-tool and a flashlight on me depending where I am.

Nicpon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2010, 03:07:45 pm »

Around with me almost all the time. I wouldn't use them for self defense but they're useful tools and have come in handy more times then I can count. I also usually have a multi-tool and a flashlight on me depending where I am.
That's interesting.
Are you some sort of technician/engineer?

I'm curious, for what purpose is the spike thing? Wouldn't screwdriver be more useful?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2010, 03:13:36 pm »

in a rude, angry, or threatening
manner, or who in any manner, unlawfully uses a deadly weapon other
than a firearm in any fight or quarrel

Good try, but it helps to actually read the text that he quotes.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2010, 03:54:55 pm »

in a rude, angry, or threatening
manner, or who in any manner, unlawfully uses a deadly weapon other
than a firearm in any fight or quarrel

Good try, but it helps to actually read the text that he quotes.

Ah, yeah, I misunderstood what he meant about knives.  However, it's still not "perfectly legal" to walk around with a non-firearm projectile weapon.  Walking around with an air rifle in public can get you arrested.  If you're under 13, you can't carry a loaded air rifle in public in Illinois.  There are also many municipalities that prohibit brandishing directly:

Green Bay, WI
Except as reasonably necessary to fulfill the exceptions provided
elsewhere in this ordinance, no person shall carry or transport any bow or crossbow, or conceal about the
person or display in a threatening manner any dangerous or deadly weapon including, but not limited by
enumeration to, martial arts weapons such as throwing stars, swords, or nunchiku; slingshots; knuckles of
lead, brass, or other metals; or a bowie knife, bow, or crossbow; pistol, revolver, rifle, or shotgun.

Allegheny County, PA
The below-listed activities are specifically prohibited in any area lying within a County Park.
Section 8. Weapons and Explosives
   2. Brandishing of a firearm or weapon including but not limited to handguns, rifles, shotguns, crossbow, bow and arrow, air riffle or pistol, any devise firing a projectile by compressed gas or spring, such as paintball devices except as otherwise specifically allowed by permit issued by the Parks Department.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2010, 03:56:22 pm »

Actually, I didn't realize that DJ wasn't the last poster, so I was responding to him. :P
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2010, 07:59:39 pm »

That's interesting.
Are you some sort of technician/engineer?

I'm curious, for what purpose is the spike thing? Wouldn't screwdriver be more useful?

Nah, I'm just prepared for normal everyday problem solving. In my pockets right now I have the aforementioned cutting implements, the multi-tool, a led flashlight, a moleskine note book, 2 pens, a wallet and car keys.

The spike thing has multiple uses but I mainly use it for puncturing hard objects or poking small holes. Its great as a glass hammer as well. Most recently I used it to puncture the top of a water jug, open a coconut, tear the plastic wrap on a dvd and scratch a small mark in a piece of scrap wood so I could use it as a impromptu ruler. 

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2010, 08:10:06 pm »

If I remember correctly, America only restricts firearms (not talking about knives here, only guns)

Hey, if it wasn't already said, you can carry blades with a handle, and ones you can flick open, but they can only be a certain length, and I believe switchblades are illegal.

Old WWII flame throwers must be tampered and non-functional. I don't know if you can run around with a crowbar or a baseball bat. Probably depends on if you're disturbing the peace or causing alarm.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2010, 08:30:52 pm »

Are Zero-point energy manipulation guns allowed?
How about devices that can open a pair of interlinked intradimensional gateways?
Eh?
Eh!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2010, 08:32:04 pm »

Presumably if you use either to increase the velocity of an object to terminal levels the police'll have some rather choice words with you.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2010, 08:43:04 pm »

I suspect that flaunting either would get you in trouble with every physics prof. in a 10 mile radius, since they will want to know how it works, and be the first to publicly reveal how...
Eh?
Eh!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2010, 09:16:22 pm »

If I remember correctly, America only restricts firearms (not talking about knives here, only guns)

Hey, if it wasn't already said, you can carry blades with a handle, and ones you can flick open, but they can only be a certain length, and I believe switchblades are illegal.

Old WWII flame throwers must be tampered and non-functional. I don't know if you can run around with a crowbar or a baseball bat. Probably depends on if you're disturbing the peace or causing alarm.

Flamethrowers are legal in some states.  I've heard cattle farmers use them to burn thorns off grazing plants.  Crowbars and baseball bats are probably allowed, as long as you don't brandish them.
Shoes...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2010, 09:17:47 pm »

I guess it's all in the intent and the way you brandish it. I'd undestand if you kept your crowbar on some... belt hoop thingy, but don't go swinging around your baseball bat like you intend to make some home runs.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2010, 11:45:32 pm »

Wait, so exactly when did this thread devolve into extremely bad advice involving flamethrowers, sex, knives, and... whatever the hell else is going on? Seriously, two thirds of you are just embarrassing yourselves at this point.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14