Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: My Girlfriend Is Stalking Me  (Read 25795 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Girlfriend Is Stalking Me
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2010, 11:48:38 pm »

I think it's mostly my fault. Which is ironic because I'm certainly not perpetuating it.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2010, 11:55:43 pm »

Seriously, two thirds of you are just embarrassing yourselves at this point.
This is different from normal...how? This is the internet, after all.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2010, 01:36:14 am »

Seriously, between all this talk (and extreme confusing) about weapon-carrying to Nikov bragging about how awesome it is that he essentially - in his view, mind - turned his girlfriend (now wife) into some kind of Stockholm Syndrome-afflicted slave to passion, this is all pretty funny.

Speaking of weapon laws, a lot of non-firearm-oriented ones (at least in much of the US, and probably elsewhere) are really hilarious. Here's the one for my state.

Aside from the extremely confusing wording in some places (does "wear or carry concealed" mean "wear, or carry concealed" or "wear concealed or carry concealed", anyway? And if it's implied that you can carry a sword-in-cane if you don't intend to use it unlawfully, how the hell does that work, since it's by design concealed?), here is my favorite part:

No person shall carry or possess or attempt to use against another any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slingshot, billy, sandclub, sandbag, metal knuckles, slap glove, bludgeon, stun-gun, or the so called "Kung-Fu" weapons
  • If someone can give me an actual legal definition for "the so called 'Kung-Fu' weapons", I will eat my goddamn hat. What does that even mean? It's like they're going by crap they've seen in movies.
  • I am someday going to name a band that I'm in "The So-Called Kung-Fu Weapons".
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2010, 01:48:03 am »

That would be a cool band name.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2010, 01:59:45 am »

If I remember correctly, America only restricts firearms (not talking about knives here, only guns)

Hey, if it wasn't already said, you can carry blades with a handle, and ones you can flick open, but they can only be a certain length, and I believe switchblades are illegal.

Old WWII flame throwers must be tampered and non-functional. I don't know if you can run around with a crowbar or a baseball bat. Probably depends on if you're disturbing the peace or causing alarm.

Flamethrowers are legal in some states.  I've heard cattle farmers use them to burn thorns off grazing plants.  Crowbars and baseball bats are probably allowed, as long as you don't brandish them.
If I recall correctly, flamethrowers are "legal" in all states, but in a handful you need permits (I believe mainly particularly flammable states, like California) to use/own one.

If someone can give me an actual legal definition for "the so called 'Kung-Fu' weapons", I will eat my goddamn hat. What does that even mean? It's like they're going by crap they've seen in movies.
Presumably the legislators writing the law didn't have a fucking clue what any of the weapons actually were, and just decided to "ban them asiany weapons".
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2010, 02:04:34 am »

haha, flammable states. Sounds like a great place for my dwarves!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2010, 03:23:23 am »

Actually living in one of those flammable states is a bit surreal. Its pretty weird when the country side just decides to turn into fire.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2010, 03:26:49 am »

Actually living in one of those flammable states is a bit surreal. Its pretty weird when the country side just decides to turn into fire.
Yeah, my aunt lives in California. She's seen all those forest fires, at least the ones near her place. She's kinda paranoid about it.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2010, 03:28:43 am »

Australia is worse.

Whatever brushfires you have, Australia is worse.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2010, 05:57:43 am »

No person shall sell to a person under eighteen (18) years of age, without the written authorization of the minor's parent or legal guardian, any stink bomb, blackjack, slingshot, bill, sandclub, sandbag, metal knuckles, slap glove, bludgeon, stungun, paint ball gun, so called "kung-fu" weapons, dagger, dirk, stiletto, sword-in-cane, bowie knife, razor, or knife of any description having a blade of more than three inches....etc etc.....
Last part of the derail for me, but I just had to say something. They make it sound like if this law wasn't in effect, everyone, down to the children, would be fighting like New York gangsters thrown into a 1970's Kung Fu movie. As if people are actively fighting each other will billy clubs, knuckles, paintball guns, and fancy Oriental blades.

So how is the stalking going?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2010, 06:02:22 am »

Australia is worse.

Whatever brushfires you have, Australia is worse.

Australia is fuckin' dangerous man.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2010, 06:04:30 am »

200 lives extinguished as testimony to that fact.

You know those fires were 20 k/m from my house? If the winds hadn't changed, I might not be here today.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2010, 06:08:27 am »

Damn dude, get a fire blanket.
What are you, suicidal?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2010, 06:10:15 am »

As if that would have helped.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2010, 06:12:36 am »

It would keep you from catching fire at least.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14