Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Plump helmet man, you are mine now!  (Read 67300 times)

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plump helmet man, you are mine now!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 02:15:13 am »

Oh my. That story was extremely dwarfy. Now I have to make Mushroom men into an underground civ.

If you're good at such, please set me up with any modded files... I'm usually opposed to modding my own games, but *damn* do I want to have a civilization *I* can eat, for once.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 02:16:41 am »

Oh my. That story was extremely dwarfy. Now I have to make Mushroom men into an underground civ.

If you're good at such, please set me up with any modded files... I'm usually opposed to modding my own games, but *damn* do I want to have a civilization *I* can eat, for once.
I'll just have to tweak Plump Helmet men a bit. give em [INTELLIGENT], etc etc
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 02:19:24 am »

I think the bigger question is, should they be nudists as a civ, or should they only wear vests, loincloths, and shoes like Toad?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 02:20:45 am »

Oh god, they should.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 02:22:43 am »

I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 02:24:16 am »

I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
Alright, getting work to the intelligent plump helmet men. What else should we modify?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 02:27:40 am »

Alright, getting work to the intelligent plump helmet men. What else should we modify?

Depends on how much you think you can do. Try to make them survive worldgen, at least, and be pretty common... but still weak, if possible.

As far as flavor goes, make them as lovable as you can... but make there be *some* way for dwarves to still get attacked by them. Or...

Is there any way to make them come to our maps, but still have us be the aggressors?

And what happens if you make a civilized race tameable?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 02:28:54 am »

This idea is awesome and yet a travesty to all Toad-kind.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 02:31:55 am »

I wonder what Toady thinks when he sees stuff like this. Does he take a more detached, scientific view of it, just focusing on the code? Does he share our sense of humor, delighting in the strange and macabre things we can do?

Or does he spend hours every day huddled in a corner, clutching his knees and sobbing "Why?! Why would they do that to the kittens?"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 02:36:35 am »

hey, what if I make a seperate creature? They're white mushroom men, almost the same as plump helmet men, but have better strength, high disease resistance, as well as... 3 fingers, no toes, p'raps?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 02:43:58 am »

hey, what if I make a seperate creature? They're white mushroom men, almost the same as plump helmet men, but have better strength, high disease resistance, as well as... 3 fingers, no toes, p'raps?

I think toads have between 4 and 5 fingers.  No toes is all gravy with me though.

Should we have various flavors of mushroom people to correspond with the various types of mushrooms from Mario?  At the very least, some part of me wants both Red and White Mushroom people.  The Civ should probably be called the Mushroom Kingdom...

Do the plump helmet men have sex at this point or do they just reproduce by budding?

Some kind of wild form as well as the form that has the society, so that even if the civilization dies out in world gen, there'll still be wild ones.

...I just got the amusing image of a pack of feral dwarves preying off of a herd of plump helmet men in the caverns after being lost down there as babies.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:46:34 am by Coidzure Dreams »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 02:46:46 am »

I think toads have between 4 and 5 fingers.  No toes is all gravy with me though.

Some kind of wild form as well as the form that has the society, so that even if the civilization dies out in world gen, there'll still be wild ones.

...I just got the amusing image of a pack of feral dwarves preying off of a herd of plump helmet men in the caverns after being lost down there as babies.
Okay, I'll have to make a new tissue, methinks. The same as plump helmet, but white. And their blood has to be booze.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 02:49:06 am »

Yes, the booze-blood pleases us.  ;D

Hmm.  Disease Resistance High is definitely a must...  Are there even any diseases that effect fungi?  Other than being eaten alive by bacteria/other fungi?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 02:50:52 am »

The thing is, I'll be giving them the standard poison thingy.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2010, 02:56:32 am »

I rather like keeping the originals, and modifying them to be civilized... they were such a wonderful find, it doesn't feel right to just abandon them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11