Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Campaign to Arrest the Pope over Child Abuse  (Read 30569 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign to Arrest the Pope over Child Abuse
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2010, 02:11:34 pm »

They're required never to touch men or small children, too.

They are attracted to it because they are deeply moved by their faith and have decided to dedicate their life to what they see as their Deity.

In fact, your post is incredibly offensive to both Catholics and Homosexuals. You're making an implication that homosexuality and pedophilia are somehow correlated.

I highly doubt anybody becomes a Catholic priest because they don't want to be in a relationship. It would make more sense to do something else and just not be in the relationship.

Why don't you say something like:

Teachers - Think about what type of person would be attracted to a profession that requires them to never touch a child. Teachers have never molested a child before, after all.

Businessmen - Think about what type of person would be attracted to a profession that requires them to wear a suit. They must really hate t-shirts, and this is why they went into the business.

Olympic Athlete - Think about what type of person would be attracted to a profession where they sweat all the time. They must have an unhealthy sweating fetish or something.

Bay12 Forumgoer - Think about what type of person would be attracted to a form of entertainment where fat midgets with beards burn kittens in pits of lava. Of course, of all the ones that are anti-social/sociopathic/whatever else, the vast majority probably still don't act on it.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2010, 02:19:42 pm »

Bay12 Forumgoer - Think about what type of person would be attracted to a form of entertainment where fat midgets with beards burn kittens in pits of lava. Of course, of all the ones that are anti-social/sociopathic/whatever else, the vast majority probably still don't act on it.

Be honest, you know the only reason none of us are on the news is that we're all serial procrastinators.

Anyway, I don't want to have anything to do with the story, since I know nothing about the Catholic church.  As an international relations guy though, I'm very eager to see what becomes of any lawsuits against Catholic hierarchy figures.  After all, the church is not a government, and this is definitely an international legal issue when recurrent offenders are moved between countries.  Interesting proof of whether claiming God is on your side carries any legal weight, as so far it seems to absolutely do.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2010, 02:23:39 pm »

My 2 cents: a child molester, or a person who knowingly covers up child abuse, should be sent to prison for a very long time. I don't care who they are or what position they occupy on the social ladder.

No one should be above that. No one should be untouchable. Raping children is inexcusable. Even for the pope, even if he sits in his Infallibility Throne and decrees himself without guilt, the evidence is a bit more important than his holy bullshit.

And most important of all are the children that need to be protected from sickos.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2010, 02:24:56 pm »

No one should be untouchable.

Except the children.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2010, 10:08:19 pm »

-snip- the church is not a government -snip-
Vatican city is a recognized country and is a permanent U.N. observer. They issue passports and their own currency. (Both the Vatican Lira and a small amount of Vatican Euro coins depicting the pope.) Most of the population are clergy, but nearly half are diplomats.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2010, 10:12:45 pm »

-snip- the church is not a government -snip-
Vatican city is a recognized country and is a permanent U.N. observer. They issue passports and their own currency. (Both the Vatican Lira and a small amount of Vatican Euro coins depicting the pope.) Most of the population are clergy, but nearly half are diplomats.

Ah, the Vatican City is a recognized city-state yes, but the Catholic Church itself is still not a government, especially the parts of it in other countries.  It's a multinational organization, with a chief executive officer who just happens to be a nominal head of state (and I don't even know if that's true; does the Pope actually rule the Vatican itself?).  He's still theoretically accountable for what his agents and "employees" do while in other countries.  Maybe.  That's what I'm eager to find out.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2010, 11:02:19 pm »

The Pope is the Sovereign of Vatican City, which is a sovereign territory in itself of the Holy See. The Holy See is a landless government (yes, a government) technically ruled by 'God' who then tells the Pope what to do. The Holy See also has diplomats and laws and such separate from the Vatican.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2010, 12:25:22 am »

The historic diplomatic status of a nation has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the standing Government of a nation is viewed as being legitimate. To the contrary, whether or not a government is considered to be legitimate changes over time for a variety of reasons.

See Saddam Hussein's Iraq.
!!&!!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2010, 12:40:03 am »

Invading the Vatican to capture the Pope will require some more maneuvering than invading Iraq. It's landlocked inside another country that supports it.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2010, 12:56:26 am »

Invading the Vatican to capture the Pope will require some more maneuvering than invading Iraq. It's landlocked inside another country that supports it.

Parachute troops in from space directly above the Vatican, so to not go through Italian airspace.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2010, 01:01:38 am »

you're right, I forgot about our space marine anti-pedophile squad

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2010, 02:39:09 am »

That would be a hilarious use of your tax dollars.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2010, 02:53:31 am »

I heard that the Church has a piece of Gold of (roughly) forty hundred thousand tons, in a bunker near the center of the Earth, under the watchful eye of the Almighty Green Dwarves. They use it to make the Tower City Rosaries, which give albino monks their magical powers.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2010, 03:27:35 am »

The Holy See is a landless government (yes, a government) technically ruled by 'God'...

That's the best possible answer in the world.  The solution to this crisis is obvious.  Sexual abuse has been committed by His employees within His government.  God must be subpoenaed for obstruction of justice.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2010, 06:58:42 am »

Would you arrest God by arresting Jesus?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15