Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Campaign to Arrest the Pope over Child Abuse  (Read 30516 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign to Arrest the Pope over Child Abuse
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2010, 01:43:00 pm »

Ah. Must be cooler there. It's hot enough here that me going out for 30 minutes will make me smell like sweat. I stay here and I end up smelling faintly of electronics and... Whatever it is that soap is supposed to smell like.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2010, 02:07:14 pm »

3/5

Well.... 3/5 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

On other days I shower.

Also during Summer.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2010, 04:12:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure CJ was saying that, sure, the YEC kids might be wrong, but they shouldn't be insulted and browbeaten. That's not the modern way.

Nah, I think he was just having a flip out because he's a Creationist, and people don't "respect his beliefs" enough for him.

I bought a hardback copy of Pilgrim's Progress today. Do you know why? So I can use it to beat people like you to death.

Vester, you were 100% right (although I happen to agree with the Creationists, though I don't feel that lessens my point.)

Pathos, you are a glorified troll.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2010, 04:13:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure CJ was saying that, sure, the YEC kids might be wrong, but they shouldn't be insulted and browbeaten. That's not the modern way.

Nah, I think he was just having a flip out because he's a Creationist, and people don't "respect his beliefs" enough for him.

I bought a hardback copy of Pilgrim's Progress today. Do you know why? So I can use it to beat people like you to death.

Vester, you were 100% right (although I happen to agree with the Creationists, though I don't feel that lessens my point.)

That really makes your side look good, man.
Shoes...

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2010, 04:16:42 pm »

Oh, I meant idiots, not atheists. The only reason it's Pilgrim's Progress is because the hardback edition is HUGE.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2010, 04:20:04 pm »

That really makes your side look good, man.

Religious zealots do the DARNEDEST THINGS, eh? But yeah, Pathos is kinda pretty trolly.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2010, 04:21:45 pm »

Oh, I meant idiots, not atheists. The only reason it's Pilgrim's Progress is because the hardback edition is HUGE.

Repeated for your benefit.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2010, 04:25:16 pm »

Repeated for your benefit.

I was being sarcastic.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2010, 04:31:11 pm »

I see your dwarf and raise you a... Scarecrow?  :-X

Pathos

« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2010, 06:02:39 pm »

Erm, yes, it does. You've obviously experienced this terrible, horrible "browbeating" ( called being told facts, to those who aren't in the know ) and are now complaining about it.

Hell, I have respect for my teacher up there ( Nick Cowan, look him up, he's a pretty god damn outspoken Creationist ) because, despite the shit he takes for being a Creationist, he never complains. He just goes on suggesting that it might be a good idea to introduce Creationism into classrooms ( which I agree with, it sort of shows how we are using "browbeating devices" to be correct ) and he's actually a pretty damn good teacher. Probably the Chemistry teacher who I had the best grades from.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2010, 06:07:23 pm »

On the other hand, I had a World History professor, y'know a college professor of History, who believed in the literal truth of the Noah's Ark story.  Actually truly believed that some time around 4000 B.C. the entire planet flooded at once, and only a smattering of humanity and land animals survived.  College professor of world history.  Yeeeaaah.

I don't know how this thread spiraled off into oneupmanship on poor hygiene, but I was convinced to take an overdue shower.  Thanks thread.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2010, 06:22:22 pm »

Erm, yes, it does. You've obviously experienced this terrible, horrible "browbeating" ( called being told facts, to those who aren't in the know ) and are now complaining about it.

Well, in that same regard you are in support of evolution, why should I take anything you say as something besides propaganda for your own cause.

Your observation of the supposed obvious is false, by the way. I grew up believing and being taught evolution. As I have grown up, matured, and done my own research, my personal beliefs have changed. Also, douchebaggery is not appreciated. Smug douchebaggery is even worse, and is the only reason I break out Pilgrim's Progress.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2010, 06:25:26 pm »

As I have grown up, matured, and done my own research, my personal beliefs have changed.

I'd love to know what "research" you've done that's disproved the evolutionary process, and why I should believe you instead of thousands of scientists.  Do enlighten me, I'm genuinely curious what changed your mind away from what you were otherwise presented with.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pathos

« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2010, 06:28:40 pm »

Well, in that same regard you are in support of evolution, why should I take anything you say as something besides propaganda for your own cause.

Your observation of the supposed obvious is false, by the way. I grew up believing and being taught evolution. As I have grown up, matured, and done my own research, my personal beliefs have changed. Also, douchebaggery is not appreciated. Smug douchebaggery is even worse, and is the only reason I break out Pilgrim's Progress.

I'm not in support of anything except where the facts point. There's the subtle difference.

Age:16 - Of course, you've matured and done your own research by the age of 16. Nick Cowan up there, Mr Devout Creationism himself, did his own research whilst doing his Chemistry degree in Cambridge ( one of the top two universities in Britain, top for Chemistry ) and began attending Creationism seminars after that.

You are entirely correct. Douchebaggery ( especially of the smug sort ) is not appreciated in this thread, and that's why I kindly ask you to get your Creationism-pushing agenda out of here. Thank you.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2010, 06:32:51 pm »

You sound like a fundamentalist preaching against Communism. Misinformed, very loud, and on most occasions flat-out wrong.

It's not every day when I find a topic that the OP should be booted from. You are the most impossible person I have ever met. You're hypocritical, you're too loud (which is an achievement considering we are speaking through text) and your default response seems to be "I go by the FACTS. What do you mean 'what facts'? You're a fucking dirty creationist, I don't have to tell you lesser shitbags what proof there is."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15