Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Emotional Advice? (relating to relationships)  (Read 1666 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Advice? (relating to relationships)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 09:00:14 am »

And it doesn't cure anything.

Yeah, psychoanalysis is pretty discredited
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 09:04:39 am »

It's still a better theory of psychology than the Humanistic one, although that one makes me feel better. (You know - "Be all that you can beee!!")
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 10:15:54 am »

I'm not even going to read anybody else's post, because I know they're all wrong. Here's what you've gotta do:

<How To Score Babes>

That's how you score babes.

Sorry to say it, but this is the only advice I can take seriously in this thread. I believe you just won at the internet.

Seriously though, if this person is really a friend, you'll do what is best for her. It might help you to just let her know that you value your friendship, and don't want to make it awkward, but just tell her how you're feeling. However, let her know that you understand that circumstances wouldn't permit it even in the event that she felt the same way, and that you're getting beyond it. Full disclosure and openness with friends is a good policy, even in this instance. It'll also help you untangle the horrid knot of mixed feelings that you've got going, though it's rarely pleasant at first.

That, or you could reenact "Sid Meyers Pirates!". That might be fun too.

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 11:37:16 am »

<How to score babes>

It's kinda ironic...  She does live in a harbor and I will be sailing in.  She dances, but I have already learned not to be distracted by her cleavage (it was a hard task, to say the least).  I do own swords, and am on good terms with her father.  If I thought a duel would solve this, I would do it in a heartbeat.  Oh well.

@ ChairmanPoo: Yes, she has told me.  We communicate on an extremely personal level, and have certainly discussed our feelings on many occasions. 

After spending a few hours thinking about it yesterday and talking with her again, I realize the only negative emotion I'm feeling is jealousy.  This also seems to lead to rage more often than not.  So, if any of you know how to deal with jealousy...  Let me know.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 12:09:52 pm »

I'm going to tell you how it works.

Chaos is the only true answer.

Plate armor, lots of furs (Preferably bear), improbably large pauldrons, a helmet with horns (Yeah I know, horns are also improbable, but you're serving the Darker Powers now, they'll pull some shenanigans for you).  A sword is important too, eldritch fire on the blade optional but recommended.

Burst into their house, break the guy's back and drink his heartblood to gain his power, and carry her off to your frozen castle in the frigid Northlands. 
Shoes...

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 12:55:34 pm »

And it doesn't cure anything.

Yeah, psychoanalysis is pretty discredited

Evolutionary psychology ftw tbh
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus
Pages: 1 [2]