Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Determinator Dwarves?  (Read 1974 times)

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
Re: Determinator Dwarves?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 03:53:25 pm »

Dwarfs have varying rates of healing. Some are slow healers, and evidently others are mutants like Wolverine with instant healing abilities. I suggest you draft this mutant dwarf into your military and equip him with Adamantium Adamantine armor and weapons. He'll be indestructible.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 04:56:16 pm »

My miner fell in an underground sea of magma while wrestling a troglodyte in mid-air, that's the manliest one i got.
I think, I need to find the dwarf with the most beautiful beard, name him Gandalf and have him wrestle some fiery clown while dropping hundreds of levels... ;)

I never had a dwarf with terminal badassery in v31. There were a few who healed from all yellow back to normal (before dying), but never that fast and without the help of a doctor. In most cases, the fortress crumbles to dust before anybody has enough time to heal serious wounds.
"We don't need no doctors - gonna die in an accident in a few months anyway!"
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

ReverseWill

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs cigarettes to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 11:46:45 pm »

I think it's some sort of bug. I recently had my squad of Urist McWeavers and McWoodcutters trail into an expansive cavern to do their thing, and the Olm Men [and Women] attacked them. They wrestled, and wrestled, and wrestled, and even though the injured dwarves had more broken bones than I've ever seen, as soon as I declared a hospital, they all walked to it, where they promptly died due to lack of buckets in which to carry water and my inability to make any, having started in a relatively woodless area.

Shattered skeleton? Walk it off, you'll be fine.
No buckets? Well, you're fucked.
Just because that tamed alligator killed someone earlier doesn't mean it wouldn't make a great pet now.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 11:53:19 pm »

"He is a member of the Shield of Immortality." Aptly named.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 12:21:45 am »

"He is a member of the Shield of Immortality." Aptly named.

beat me to it

in fact, name him Graham and establish the fort of Daventry

have him go on a quest to find a chest of infinite gold and a magic mirror

in his absence, get a king, DROWN THE KING, APPOINT A NEW ONE.
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

Mr Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 12:37:23 am »

"No I must mined the rooms!" shouted Litast Bowgirder

"No Litast, your arms are broked."

And then Litast was a zombie.

Blargh, horrible story.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 06:11:58 am »

I think it's some sort of bug. I recently had my squad of Urist McWeavers and McWoodcutters trail into an expansive cavern to do their thing, and the Olm Men [and Women] attacked them. They wrestled, and wrestled, and wrestled, and even though the injured dwarves had more broken bones than I've ever seen, as soon as I declared a hospital, they all walked to it, where they promptly died due to lack of buckets in which to carry water and my inability to make any, having started in a relatively woodless area.

You must have used a custom embark, because the EmbarkNow! contains 3 buckets and all the hospital equipment besides tables and tractionbenches...or gypsum.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 08:25:58 am »

You must have used a custom embark, because the EmbarkNow! contains 3 buckets and all the hospital equipment besides tables and tractionbenches...or gypsum.

Actually, if you make a hospital your dwarves put the buckets in the hospital, and then seemingly forget where they are.

I had a Dwarf die of thirst despite there being 20 unused buckets in the hospital; "Dwarf cancels Give Water, no buckets..."

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 08:46:17 am »

That most likely is a bug. :)
I heard about it. It is said to be caused by storage in a container, I think.
Myself only had problems with water sources not being accepted.

In the meantime, limiting the number of buckets in hospital to one and designating a bucket-only furnature-pile inside or next to the hospital may help.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 08:53:31 am »

Oddly; they seem to ignore the bucket limit.

I have my hospital limited to 2 buckets, there are currently 20 buckets stored in it; 20/2.

Does make me wonder how this was missed.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 09:06:16 am »

Sadly once something is inside the hospital, it seems impossible to get it out again.
Hotel Kalifornia.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 11:49:14 am »

I have some dwarves like this. I also have some that are wimps.

One of them has spent a year in the hospital resting his broken fingernail. I can just imagine this dwarf sitting in the hospital, other dwarves waiting on him hand and foot, holding up his finger going "Oh, it hurts! It hurts! Quick, bring me more plump helmets!"

Meanwhile one of the guys who was fighting the goblins with him has a shattered leg and he's still out fighting off goblin ambushes and refuses to rest.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 11:51:55 am »

Sadly once something is inside the hospital, it seems impossible to get it out again.
Hotel Kalifornia.

Negative. I had a moody dwarf swipe my last bit of pig tail cloth while the doctor was still dragging the bleeding, incapacitated ex-wrestler to the hospital.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 08:21:08 pm »

I found a Dwarf with the green line "He is quick to heal."

As an experiment, i sent him down to fight the Olmmen running around in the upper caverns.

He was healing yellow wounds almost instantly, after he slaughtered all twenty Olmmen he had half a dozen red wounds, which healed five minutes later.

O_O
Pages: 1 [2]