Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Generation rejected at "making cave civilization"  (Read 981 times)

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
World Generation rejected at "making cave civilization"
« on: April 13, 2010, 05:39:25 am »

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a 3 caste-level golbin nation, and having problems in world generation :
It reject EVERY worlds, and the last thing I can see is "making cave civilization" (after beasts placements, before running through ages).
I'm using a medium region with only 9 years of evolution, but no other changes ...

I put the "Community Combat Balance Overhaul" and Arrkhal's balance mod at the origin, all goes well...
I change the goblin creature entry, and its "EVIL" entity (but minor changes, I don't think it comes from entity) to :

Creature :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

entity :

Anyone sees anything wrong ?

[EDIT] Here is the message I get after some rejection :
I told it to allow this rejection type, and ended with an "Age of Myth", with only human and dwarves left (at least in adventure mode), elves being killed by megabeasts, looking for other races death...
I tried changing the whole Biome paragraph the vanilla's goblin one, and even dwarven one, both with dwarven entity after goblin one (in case of dwarf taking all the places in the mountains) ...
nothing better ...
My goblins don't want to spawn ... H4LP !
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:13:40 am by tompliss »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: World Generation rejected at "making cave civilization"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 09:40:05 am »

As far as I can see, your goblins neither have males nor females, and they have max ages. At least in previous versions, that would have prevented them from spawning. Easiest fix is to add the [MALE] tag to each caste, then add the following after the caste:

[USE_CASTE:NEW_CASTE_NAME:MALE_CASTE_NAME] (such as    [USE_CASTE:FEMALE_LITTLE:LITTLE])
      [FEMALE]
      [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:56:52 am »

So races NEED to have a Female and a Male cast ?
ok, I thought having none of the tags would make them both males and females !

I'm trying it right now !

[EDIT] seems to be it, thanks !
So, creatures need to have at least 2 casts, if they have MAXAGE;
You can't have the same cast being both Males and Females, it counts only the last writen tag.

[EDIT]
And now, another problems :
1) The herbalists, brewer, grower, ... jobs are permitted in the entity, but none of the cast have the Farming labour menu available ...
2) All the starting 7 are of the same cast (Big one, this time, even if they have only 20% chances of being)...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:42:31 am by tompliss »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 12:55:56 pm »

There's a bug which, if I heard right, causes the profession-assignment menus to not appear unless every profession in that menu is available.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 03:51:59 pm »

It seems to be that ... I allowed them all jobs, and they can do farming ...
Hoping it'll get fixed, it'll be better for special races ....

I have the other problem, though,
At any embark, all my "goblins" are from the third (and last) caste, as if it didn't count the other ...