Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Friendly yet creepy  (Read 13187 times)

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly yet creepy
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 09:40:51 am »

That, my dear Psyn, is pure f**king gold.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 10:03:52 am »

1. I didn't know that Renault wuzza girl.
2. Tell that dude straight up that he's a bona-fide creepy bastard.
3. He's doing romance wrong. He's being creepy.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 10:12:22 am »

To be fair you still don't, all you know now is that the person Renault went on a date with was a guy.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 10:15:02 am »

To be fair you still don't, all you know now is that the person Renault went on a date with was a guy.
I checked her profile. It sed female.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 10:16:58 am »

I checked her profile. It sed female.

I stand corrected then :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 10:22:16 am »

Anyway, you're going about this wrong.  If a creepy/crazy person is after you, you have to out-crazy them.  It's like prison, you have to stab a person the first day.

Act crazy.  Not like lol chicken muffin im so randum crazy, like whenever he talks to you sit there perfectly still, and halfway through his sentence yell I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO SAY THAT and then get perfectly still again.
Shoes...

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 10:35:25 am »

Males are not subtle creatures.

If things are not said outright, we probably won't notice.

Tell him, plainly and straightforward, that you are not interested in him in any romantic sort of way. Don't beat around the bush, don't hint, don't be subtle, just say it.

This doesn't mean be an ass about it, but clearly and plainly let him know what you think.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 11:29:28 am »

Let's see--you've made it clear that you don't want him hanging around romantically. He kept on going.

Seems like you'll have to more or less slap him with the fact that you don't want this. Yeah, he'll be upset about it for a while, but it's something that'll work out best in the long run. Let him know that he's being pretty creepy, that you don't want him doing this, and that you'd like to remain just friends, only friends, and nothing more. *Then* go into the "you're a nice guy and all" speech.

And, for the love of elven corpses, do this in person, or at least over the phone. Giving this talk in person is like stabbing someone; doing it online is like stabbing someone and rubbing salt and lemon juice in the wound. They both suck, but one is much, much nicer.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 02:52:27 pm »

Seems like you'll have to more or less slap him with the fact that you don't want this.

This.

If he's not getting it, then make him get it. Absolutely no ambiguity at all. Yes, it will probably be a shock to him, and he'll feel hurt. Thats fine.

Much better get it over with than have it linger on for months or even years.

If I'm going to get hurt, I'd much rather be punched in the face now, just once, than feel like I'm being stabbed in the back every day for months on end.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 02:56:24 pm »

Maybe he doesn't get that what he's doing is a romantic advance?

Just throwing ideas out there, but I wouldn't know anything, I've never even had a girlfriend...

Oh man, I hear you. Losers for life.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 04:02:49 pm »

Alright, I suppose that pretty much squares it, then. I'll, in person, just be a forceful as I can be. Meaning I'll probably mew around a bit and shift awkwardly before saying that its really bothering me and he needs to stop entirely or we can't be friends.
And as to the bash.org line, well, try as I might could think of no scenario to fit that into, sadly. Heh...

Oh, Red and Dwarf, don't stress it. People make a bigger deal of it than its really worth. If you're 40 and can say the same, then its probably an issue, though.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 08:35:53 pm »

Alright, Renault, where's your school. I can send this 280-pound bruiser to rough up the weird bastard.

/joke

YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 08:51:13 pm »

Tell him you don't do blowjobs.

He will leave.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 09:02:55 pm »

So I missed my chance again today. I sort of chickened out. I started alright, but as soon as he started to get all sad looking I started panicking and being all "butreallyyourecoolilikehangingoutwithyoureallyyourenotcreepydontbesad" and afterwards felt like slamming my head into a wall.
I'm no good at this. Rar.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 09:04:50 pm »

Wait, your problem is that you can't work up the nerve to tell somebody you don't want to date them?

Seriously?

This is an interesting twist.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15