Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: making dwarves go FAST in 2010  (Read 811 times)

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
making dwarves go FAST in 2010
« on: April 13, 2010, 02:16:07 am »

hey everyone. people may remember the world of traps and attractions thread a while back, and how everyone was making their dwarves run at speed:0 with noeat, nosleep, and all of that.

ive been trying to throw up a few quick and interesting forts with some steel items for my adventurer to reclaim to improve my spelunking survival rates, however i cannot get the speed thing happening with the new raw files.

ive searched around a fair bit here on the forums, and not found anything telling me what to do exactly. i am a complete noob at df modding, messing with dwarven speed and fixing the cat bug in 40d is the most i have done.

help?

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: making dwarves go FAST in 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 05:40:26 am »

The only difference now is that the RAW files are copied to the save game folder, so if you've started a game already you'll need to put [SPEED:0] etc in the creature_standard.txt in the RAW/objects folder inside the save directory.

I think that should work :)

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:09:41 pm »

I really haven't done ANY modding in DF yet except for modding speed in previous version.
But I just did some looking around in the wiki for 40d tags and did this:

creature_standard.txt in the RAW/objects folder inside the save directory.
Is exactly where I put these modifications:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This all seemed to work! I'm going to see if I can recover my fort from the mass tantrum spiral, mass miasma leaks, bodies laying everywhere, etc now.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 11:54:40 pm »

aaaaah. the raws are in the save folder. this makes so very much sense. thankyou mysterious strangers. i can now fill my world with interesting structures really fast, then go adventure crazy on them. probably going to play my existing fort normally for a bit now though, ive been enjoying the craziness the new version has to offer.