Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released  (Read 123729 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released
« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2010, 04:19:10 pm »

Anyone want to donate a computer, a liquid cooling kit, and a plane ticket to Hawaii for science?
If it's a one way ticket, I'll bite my tongue and accept the responsibility... for humanity and stuff.  It will be a struggle, but I think I can prevail.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 05, 2010, 09:51:16 am »

Anyone want to donate a computer, a liquid cooling kit, and a plane ticket to Hawaii for science?
If it's a one way ticket, I'll bite my tongue and accept the responsibility... for humanity and stuff.  It will be a struggle, but I think I can prevail.
I just wonder how he expects to survive the magma heat...and not die. Not to mention how he will feed himself etc? Maybe he will just take notes and hope someone finds it.
If a elf dies in a forest and only dwarfs are around to see it does anyone care?

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 05, 2010, 11:47:52 am »

If Toady needs a new computer all he has to do is request computer components from the Best Buy liaison. When their Geek Squad trade caravan arrives he can pull the lever to flood his Depot and collect the free computer components.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2010, 12:13:00 pm »

I just wonder how he expects to survive the magma heat...and not die. Not to mention how he will feed himself etc? Maybe he will just take notes and hope someone finds it.

No worries, convection doesn't exist. He'll be fine.

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 09, 2010, 12:23:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Haha I was refreshing and it popped up just as I refreshed again.
Sounding good :) 9AM...he's working hard :)
If a elf dies in a forest and only dwarfs are around to see it does anyone care?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2010, 12:29:27 pm »

Remember hearing that Toady like to sleep during the day, or something like that.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 09, 2010, 01:16:11 pm »

Remember hearing that Toady like to sleep during the day, or something like that.
Odd...I only sleep when I feel sleepy - which happens to be in the morning - which is bad because I don't feel sleepy at night anymore.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 09, 2010, 02:11:34 pm »

Odd...I only sleep when I feel sleepy - which happens to be in the morning - which is bad because I don't feel sleepy at night anymore.
I don't think that so odd, as for me I get more creative during night, resulting doing the sleeping thing daytime.
It just seems that all the good ideas comes during late evening or night...
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 09, 2010, 04:45:25 pm »

I don't think that so odd, as for me I get more creative during night, resulting doing the sleeping thing daytime.

Amen to that.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 09, 2010, 06:31:36 pm »

Nobody calls at night, sales or otherwise.  Also nobody knocks on your door at night. All that means less distractions!  If they knock or call during the day?  Tough, I'm asleep.  I'm too far from the door to hear the knocking and I unplug the phone when I'm asleep.

Besides, I think all the chemicals in the Mountain Dew/Dr Pepper/Tab/Vault and Cheetoes/Doritos/frozen pizza/Munchies are bound to give night vision eventually.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

AbacusWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me; I'm a mathematician.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 09, 2010, 08:46:15 pm »

Aw, I wish all the classes I taught were at night so I too could be nocturnal.

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 09, 2010, 10:37:47 pm »

I want to teach classes. I'd be nocturnal. I'd also wear a cape, just to make people wonder.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2010, 12:33:29 am »

Amen to that.
Odd because I do it too and I didn't expect many others to be doing it.

AbacusWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me; I'm a mathematician.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2010, 12:58:55 am »

I want to teach classes. I'd be nocturnal. I'd also wear a cape, just to make people wonder.

I do wear a cape occasionally; usually just when it's cold and windy or rainy. I used to wear all the time before I started teaching; I should probably start doing that again so I don't forget who I really am. When I'm teaching logarithms I dress up as John Napier because he was the awesomest mathematician ever.

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2010, 04:13:25 am »

I do wear a cape occasionally; usually just when it's cold and windy or rainy. I used to wear all the time before I started teaching; I should probably start doing that again so I don't forget who I really am. When I'm teaching logarithms I dress up as John Napier because he was the awesomest mathematician ever.

I would dress up as Yuki Nagato because she can reprogram reality. Seriously.

* Zombie highfives all the Haruhi fans on the DF boards!
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23