Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released  (Read 123772 times)

Drifton

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is still an optional part of society
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released
« Reply #240 on: April 24, 2010, 02:20:39 am »

i liked the 40d# they improved speed for me greatly and i'm hoping that most of those features make it into the main branch, i would love to have my zooming and dynamic resize of window back, great job toady

Malleus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 24, 2010, 04:21:47 am »

Well, it is right near a river delta, is rich in flux and bauxite, and also has a crazy amount of bituminous coal. I can also get just about any metal (in ore OR bar form) from the caravan. It's got a nice section of trees and stuff, too. I dug down to the cavern and it's pretty swanky there, too. It seems like it has an entire congruous section of land over all three Z levels, so it should make exploring pretty easy, too.

I was hoping to locate a magma pipe, but with the amount of bauxite I'm thinking I may just dig my way down to the Sea of Fun and carefully build a Crazy Bauxite Fun Slide.

I used to have a fort in one of the interim versions after 3d but before 40d that was lovingly called Bokstrasp. It was epic. It had a river, flux, and bauxite. Oh, and it also straddled a magma pipe. I think the only thing it lacked was sand. Wait, no... It had that too. I can never get Bokstrasp back... :( Sadness...

I like this map, though. The elves also seem to be frequently accosted by mountain goats. It's aggravating, though, because there's next to nothing to hunt. This may be something related to the fish bug, tho.

Very nice embark location.  If you didn't tweak a ton of parameters to get that location, would you mind sharing the random seeds?  Right now due to the magma pipe in Iceland, I'm stuck far from home on a loaner laptop.  World generation takes FOREVER, yet I want to try out the new version...

Moleculor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 24, 2010, 11:41:48 am »

Well, it is right near a river delta, is rich in flux and bauxite, and also has a crazy amount of bituminous coal. I can also get just about any metal (in ore OR bar form) from the caravan. It's got a nice section of trees and stuff, too. I dug down to the cavern and it's pretty swanky there, too. It seems like it has an entire congruous section of land over all three Z levels, so it should make exploring pretty easy, too.

I was hoping to locate a magma pipe, but with the amount of bauxite I'm thinking I may just dig my way down to the Sea of Fun and carefully build a Crazy Bauxite Fun Slide.

BTW, you don't need bauxite to control magma now.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2010, 01:36:42 pm »

Any word on the OpenGL version? I know I read somewhere that it's on the to do list, but I'm really anxious about playing and my framerate is only about 15 fps on this version. I've been playing DF for quite awhile now, and can't wait to see some of the updates on this one.

That's what he currently seems to be working on.  As usual, there's no release date, but hopefully not too long from now.

Yeah, hopefully it's that. The mere fact that there hasn't been an update in almost a week is making me nervous though. Maybe he's just been partying so much due to his birthday that he hasn't had the time to update 8)
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2010, 02:41:54 pm »

Any word on the OpenGL version? I know I read somewhere that it's on the to do list, but I'm really anxious about playing and my framerate is only about 15 fps on this version. I've been playing DF for quite awhile now, and can't wait to see some of the updates on this one.

That's what he currently seems to be working on.  As usual, there's no release date, but hopefully not too long from now.

Yeah, hopefully it's that. The mere fact that there hasn't been an update in almost a week is making me nervous though. Maybe he's just been partying so much due to his birthday that he hasn't had the time to update 8)

Yeah, somebody should go free up his meeting hall so he can get back to work!

Maverique

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2010, 04:11:49 pm »

Sorry if this is a newbish idiot question but is this supposed to work on Linux at all, or is this a Windows only version?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2010, 04:15:16 pm »

Sorry if this is a newbish idiot question but is this supposed to work on Linux at all, or is this a Windows only version?

Linux port ain't done yet. Try an emulator.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Maverique

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2010, 04:21:02 pm »

Alright thanks, I'll try running it on Wine, and also try not to get demoralized as the learning curve must be really steep if everyone says it is.

Wish me luck ;)

and pleased to meet y'all. I'll stick around from now on.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2010, 04:31:58 pm »

Happy to see another convert.  If yer having troubles, the wiki is a pretty good place to look, and asking around on the forums will usually get you an answer within a day or two.  When you have some free time to read, the "Facepalm moments you had" thread is entertaining and has a bunch of simple mistakes people made, and a quick glance-through can probably learn ya something.

This .31 version is pretty new though, it came out April 1st, so the wiki isn't quite up to the usual par yet. So if you can't find an answer with the .31 wiki, you can probably look around on the 40d wiki and find an answer or at least find something that will point you in the correct direction.

Good luck!  And remember that losing is fun.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2010, 06:21:29 pm »

One week without dev_logs! I've feeling withdrawal symptoms.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2010, 11:12:04 pm »

Me too :(

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Shorer, Kobold Pimp cancels Work: Too Pimpin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2010, 02:48:15 am »

Me too :(

I also.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2010, 08:57:11 am »

According to the new devlog, the merge is underway. Is it possible that .04 will be the first OpenGL DF2010?
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2010, 09:00:39 am »

Yeah he's got alot of responsibilty under his belt. But look on the bright side, he finally responded today. :P

Now we know where he's been. And as expected, just as Bahguhn said, he's working on the merge.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23