Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released  (Read 122394 times)

Xyus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released
« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2010, 05:38:33 am »

Remember hearing that Toady like to sleep during the day, or something like that.
Odd...I only sleep when I feel sleepy - which happens to be in the morning - which is bad because I don't feel sleepy at night anymore.
I don't think that so odd, as for me I get more creative during night, resulting doing the sleeping thing daytime.
It just seems that all the good ideas comes during late evening or night...

Amen to that.
Odd because I do it too and I didn't expect many others to be doing it.

Interesting. Perhaps DF attracts night dwellers? I, too, sleep in the day, and feel more productive at night.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2010, 05:40:23 am »

I want to teach classes. I'd be nocturnal. I'd also wear a cape, just to make people wonder.

I do wear a cape occasionally; usually just when it's cold and windy or rainy. I used to wear all the time before I started teaching; I should probably start doing that again so I don't forget who I really am. When I'm teaching logarithms I dress up as John Napier because he was the awesomest mathematician ever.

I would dress up as Yuki Nagato because she can reprogram reality. Seriously.

* Zombie highfives all the Haruhi fans on the DF boards!

*highfive*
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2010, 05:45:11 am »

I want to teach classes. I'd be nocturnal. I'd also wear a cape, just to make people wonder.

I do wear a cape occasionally; usually just when it's cold and windy or rainy. I used to wear all the time before I started teaching; I should probably start doing that again so I don't forget who I really am. When I'm teaching logarithms I dress up as John Napier because he was the awesomest mathematician ever.

*highfive*

*double high five*
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2010, 05:50:21 am »

Remember hearing that Toady like to sleep during the day, or something like that.
Odd...I only sleep when I feel sleepy - which happens to be in the morning - which is bad because I don't feel sleepy at night anymore.
I don't think that so odd, as for me I get more creative during night, resulting doing the sleeping thing daytime.

Amen to that.

Interesting. Perhaps DF attracts night dwellers? I, too, sleep in the day, and feel more productive at night.
I thought it was perfectly ordinary that the nocturnal caste would be into DF and similar activities? We just don't have a need for daylight hours unlike the diurnal caste. Mind, as much as I've love to, I can't be nocturnal as RL now ties me down to daylight hours...

Then I would counter you as Kuyoh Suoh (if my body was small and I had sentient thick long hair).

*highfives*
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:52:08 am by Psieye »
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Drifton

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is still an optional part of society
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2010, 01:34:04 pm »

i wish i could stay up all night i'm sure i would be alot more comfortable with my self

SeveQ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 11, 2010, 10:50:17 am »

Amen to that.

Yeah, definitely. I absolutely subscribe to that.  :D

LeeDub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 11, 2010, 11:18:31 am »

This is the most remarkable online community I have ever seen.

As for Toady, I hope he gets a break soon. Few people deserve it like he does. Of course, then we'll suffer from DF update withdrawal, but what the hell. ;)

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 11, 2010, 11:50:44 pm »

As for Toady, I hope he gets a break soon. Few people deserve it like he does. Of course, then we'll suffer from DF update withdrawal, but what the hell. ;)
I already am suffering update withdraw, but the ones with Mac & Linux etc probably are alotttt more.

(edited out last bit...could have caused a war.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:28:25 am by Dabi »
If a elf dies in a forest and only dwarfs are around to see it does anyone care?

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 12, 2010, 09:56:32 am »

I already am suffering update withdraw, but the ones with Mac & Linux etc probably are alotttt more.

(edited out last bit...could have caused a war.)

Nah, we're using WINE to run 0.31 while we wait. It's not an emulator, so it runs DF at nearly the same FPS you'd get in Windows. It would be nice to have the native version though since WINE doesn't work in fullscreen.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 12, 2010, 05:32:08 pm »

Amen to that.

The Daystar, it burns!

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2010, 11:08:13 pm »

I think I'm going into update withdrawal. I'm seeing myself from a top-down perspective right now, sitting on a chair not made of stone for some bizarre reason. Everything else is a bright, white light. ... Is that you, Urist?
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2010, 04:32:34 pm »

Amen to that.

The Daystar, it burns!

Shouldn't it be "The Yellow Face, it burnses us! *makes gollum sound twice*" ;)
This is a dwarf beard HEPA filter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of aluminum and menaces with spikes of cave lobster shell. On the item is an image of a dwarf in carp leather. The dwarf is coughing.

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well. - Aristotle

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 14, 2010, 12:42:25 am »

I think I'm going into update withdrawal. I'm seeing myself from a top-down perspective right now, sitting on a chair not made of stone for some bizarre reason. Everything else is a bright, white light. ... Is that you, Urist?

Update withdrawal can be fought by designing complex machines intended to flood various parts of your fortress with potentially deadly liquids. Then you just need to design a drain system and, before you know it, Toady will have the new version out. ;P
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 14, 2010, 08:40:01 am »

Update withdrawal can be fought by designing complex machines intended to flood various parts of your fortress with potentially deadly liquids. Then you just need to design a drain system and, before you know it, Toady will have the new version out. ;P
Then you may encounter the slow-down of these liquids flooding parts of your fortress and before you know it the new version will be in your mind with weeps and cries of need.
If a elf dies in a forest and only dwarfs are around to see it does anyone care?

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2010, 01:11:20 pm »

Exactly what will the update (DF 0.31.04?) provide? Well, apart from the bug-fixes, of course. Compability with Linux and Mac?
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23