Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Combat Medic  (Read 1984 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Combat Medic
« on: April 12, 2010, 05:17:21 pm »

Is there any way that a combat medic could be created? one of the main killers on the battlefield is bleeding and I think it would be awesome if there were some way to have a dwarf run around and bandage people up as a very temporary fix to there current situation...perhaps it could work by slowing bleeding or something (as stopping it would make surgery and all unnecessary).

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Combat Medic
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 06:22:03 pm »

I think that dwarves do first aid, as good as they can, when they collect a wounded dwarf. Problem is that dwarves either go wild on the foes or run away from them, so it won't be possible because the AI is not moddable.
But you could put this in suggestions instead.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:45:20 pm »

Yeah I am not sure what they do....I guess I only know they collect em and take em to the doc

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 07:17:57 pm »

You could try cross-training a dwarf in a combat skill; there might be a way to use the 'civilians while off-duty' feature to get what you're going for....

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 07:22:25 pm »

true that is a possible semi-solution

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 07:35:14 pm »

It would be nice to have dedicated medics who would rush into the face of danger to drag their injured companions back to the hospital.

Good luck getting the walking iron ore to sign the Geneva Convention, though.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 07:49:06 pm »

It would be nice to have dedicated medics who would rush into the face of danger to drag their injured companions back to the hospital.

Well...I think the Geneva convention is more of a set of "guidelines" =P

Spose that would be all the more reason to have medics lightly armored so they aren't slowed. Perhaps the medic skill could increase speed a small amount or somehow modify agility

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 10:11:07 pm »

Well...I think the Geneva convention is more of a set of "guidelines" =P

Spose that would be all the more reason to have medics lightly armored so they aren't slowed. Perhaps the medic skill could increase speed a small amount or somehow modify agility

x2 on agility gain, x4 on intelligence... doctors are suppose to be smart and know the body, while they work fast to make sure the patient stays alive.

Cariyaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 12:59:55 am »

Hmmm... is there any way to make them speed up while they're doing whatever they're job is?

Leartes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 02:01:16 am »

I doubt you can make them faster.

But they should have a way to train dodging so they can evade arrows and stuff, jump over some nasty critter to patch up the hero in the frontline :D

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 02:06:42 am »

I doubt you can make them faster.

But they should have a way to train dodging so they can evade arrows and stuff, jump over some nasty critter to patch up the hero in the frontline :D

Train em in the ways of the matrix...dodge shit Neo style lol

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 07:01:25 am »

You can make a workshop that has a reaction whose only purpose is to train dodging.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 09:20:11 am »

The answer is simple, build the hospital on the battleground

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 09:34:13 am »

You can make a workshop that has a reaction whose only purpose is to train dodging.
Speaking of that I'm using the training dummy someone posted but modded the mace to give markdwarf skill instead, I could probably add other skills onto the same reactions so they gain more than one at the same time...

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:58 pm »

Speaking of that I'm using the training dummy someone posted but modded the mace to give markdwarf skill instead, I could probably add other skills onto the same reactions so they gain more than one at the same time...

I don't think it works that way; I think if you have multiple skills listed for a reaction, any of those skills can be used to do the reaction, and only the skill that was used will get skillups (basically, say you have a reaction with axe and sword skills listed.  Anyone with either axe or sword can use the reaction, but they only gain skillup in one.  I'm not sure how it decides which to assign the skillup to if they have both skills).  I can verify this when I get home.
Pages: [1] 2