Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: do "remains" decompose  (Read 1180 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
do "remains" decompose
« on: April 11, 2010, 10:52:57 pm »

ive got a bunch of various animal remains littering my floor, do these ever decompose? also blood doesnt seem to be disappearing either cause my floor is quite red. and its been that way ever since some goblin dragged it self out and died..

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: do "remains" decompose
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 10:58:35 pm »

They are suppoused to, but there is a bug that makes them not decompose. They will give off miasma, but won't decay and dissapear.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:08:58 pm »

is it possible to turn these remains into any usable material like food or w/e, or should i just dump it,

also i need a way to clean out the blood on my floor cause thats not disappearing either

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 11:12:28 pm »

Dwarf translation:
An evil necromancer has started walking the realms, and has been using hes powers to strange effect, such as granting immortality to hes undead leagues and preserving the bodies of those hat have passed away so he may animate and use them for hes bidding.

Rest assured, there is a hero, the great avatar of the toad, who wields both the great power of the OOP and the wisdom to use it, who is after this terrible black magi and will strike him down.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 11:14:06 pm »

Dwarf translation:
An evil necromancer has started walking the realms, and has been using hes powers to strange effect, such as granting immortality to hes undead leagues and preserving the bodies of those hat have passed away so he may animate and use them for hes bidding.

Rest assured, there is a hero, the great avatar of the toad, who wields both the great power of the OOP and the wisdom to use it, who is after this terrible black magi and will strike him down.

sooo just dump it then?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 11:19:39 pm »

YE IGNORANT FOOL!
Do you really want all those remains coming back to life and taking over your fortress? I prescribe lava, applied were ever needed, to burn those bones of evil away!

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 11:21:21 pm »

i havnt found any lava on my map yet, but they spawn in every embark location now right?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 11:22:43 pm »

Aye, the mighty red liquid of Armok can be found in any location! You just need to prove your dwarfiness by digging deep enough.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 11:24:55 pm »

i havnt found any lava on my map yet, but they spawn in every embark location now right?

Yea, its guaranteed, but you'll have to dig down to find it first.

You can also atomsmash it. Those bottomless pits and chasms would have been useful for dealing with this bug, but they are no longer there, so we'll just have to make do with atomsmashing and magma.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 11:27:51 pm »

atomsmash is that thing involving a bridge right? how do i get rid of the blood though?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 11:28:32 pm »

atomsmash is that thing involving a bridge right?

Yes

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 11:50:11 pm »

how do i get rid of the blood though?
I do not understand the problem.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 12:06:37 am »

You may be able to mod DF so that the remains rot. I've heard that adding [ROTS] to the BONE_TEMPLATE and CHITIN_TEMPLATE in material_template_default.txt will cause everything to rot away eventually.

I added it in my game, but haven't looked closely enough to see if everything disappears. Some of the remains did become 'rotten', and my tiny 4x6 stockpile hasn't filled up after a year, but YMMV.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 12:07:07 am »

there are pools of "cat blood, dwarf blood" "a smear of cat blood " etc on my floor and they are not disappearing., so my floor is red. how do i clean my floor

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 12:12:32 am »

The seasonal contaminant cleanup should clean it up, at least I think it has in the Arena.

Not sure if theres anything you can do about it right now.
Pages: [1] 2