Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: TBS: New Hope 3 - Orbital [turn 2]  (Read 7673 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: TBS: New Hope 3 - Orbital [test turn]
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2010, 05:06:52 pm »

The ship is a ship like any other supply ship, and you can do with it what you want - as long as the pilot agrees to lend it to you.
I meant the CC but that is good info to have.  ;)

Ah, no, that is Spectre property and has been returned to base. However, you can always buy your own ship.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2010, 05:16:38 pm »

The ship is a ship like any other supply ship, and you can do with it what you want - as long as the pilot agrees to lend it to you.

Ah, no, that is Spectre property and has been returned to base. However, you can always buy your own ship.
That makes sense... but than what is the second part of the map?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 05:36:23 pm »

Acanthus, my dear man! I think I'll go for a stroll with the engineers and see if I can't find some of that algae they're talking about, eh?
And our researchers can look at it. Maybe we can synthesize the process, and produce some food for ourselves. What do you think? And what will you do?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 09:04:51 pm »

Have 2 engineers try and design a scanner for minerals.
Have 2 miners help in the shaft digging for Inteuniso.
Sit in my office on the base doing paperwork not so dutifully.
"I've arrived on this hellhole.. And it looks like it might be rich in natural resources. Gauging here, but it seems to be a volcanic planet-Geology is stable, oddly enough. Most volcanic worlds are very unstable when it comes to the ground it rests on. And most volcanic planets are rich, rule-of-thumb, 'ye know? Anyway, I've gotta finish this recordings, research and so on. God, I'm swamped."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 09:16:16 pm »

I'll have my four researchers study the algae. I would also like a geological survey. The redness of this planet might mean it has iron.
study some algae
ask for more solar panels and researching tools from supply ship.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 09:28:24 pm »

"We're under-equipped for fighting sandworms. Captain, I trust you will help solve this problem, with the aid of my soldiers?"
Two soldiers will spend time training in EVA combat with the rifles.
Two soldiers will assist the engineers by carrying their heavy supplies from storage.
Commander Frederick XVII will monitor both groups, making suggestions on improving their training or lending a hand for carrying particularly heavy objects.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 09:54:13 pm »

Quote from: Commodores log
Commander Frederick has taken the ground forces down to base, presumably to train Alpha squad for combat in these new environments. I have found that our weaponry, well more impressive than any non C-class regulated units is quite lacking. I have ordered the engineers to draw up plans for heaver weapons, particularity one of the vehicle based. Also if we are going to explore this wasteland we will need to mobility. To that end I have ordered the engineers to try to make a land based transport.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2010, 02:51:35 am »

That makes sense... but than what is the second part of the map?
Thats the orbital part of your base. Supply ships that need to enter and exit the atmosphere, or dive to deep into the gravity well, will use much more power, so they unload in high orbit in a geostationary sattelite, who than transmits the matter to your base via particle beam technology (the so-called 'beaming', or even 'teleportation')
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2010, 04:35:08 am »

Spoiler: x2yzh9 and Inteuniso (click to show/hide)
*WHACK*

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2010, 05:13:22 am »

We should've scanned 'em first. XD
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2010, 01:27:38 pm »

Well! This seems to be quite unfortunate. But perhaps it's a blessing in disguise? I'll go get some more algae, accompanied by an engineer. Meanwhile, two can help you with lab reconstruction. And finally, one will manufacture francium bombs with francium, plate metal, and water. What do you think?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2010, 04:16:03 pm »

Have 2 engineers start designs on a hydroponics system and a chemical manufactury for the nutrient solution needed for growing hydroponic plants.
Have 2 miners dig a little into each into the various deposits, inspecting them to see how rich they are in their respective mineral. However, don't go too far to create a sizable percentage chance of a cave-in. We don't want to lose any miners at all.
Have myself assist the engineers with whatever knowledge I can spare.
"Looks like the new shaft they've got is working fine. The elevator-ish thing works O.K., could be better but it is still very convenient. We discovered mostly iron, but we also found some very precious minerals which will certainly help. The mineral scanner is supposedly 'impossible'. Bah! Lies I say, however they seem fairly stuck on the idea that it IS impossible. As such, I will not push the point-The satellites will have to do.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2010, 05:32:10 pm »

Pleased at the new progress, Inteuniso looked at the lift. The shaft went so far down, he couldn't see the bottom. He might have to install lights later. He would get the miners to start digging outwards now though, as he doubted the little lift could reach much farther down.

Have 2 miners dig a 3x3 area at the bottom of the shaft.
Have 2 engineers design a solar-powered engine.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2010, 06:07:26 pm »

I will personally take my soldiers and go on a scouting mission to the site of the disturbance. I'll take the heavy UV rifle, while they all bring standard guns. This is to be a minimal contact mission if at all possible.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2010, 06:19:19 pm »

Quote from: Commodores log
My head has taken Alpha squad to investigate the disturbances, but not before he complained to me of lack of Intel. I completely agree, we cant send our men out into danger without know what they are getting into. I have order the workers to try to make some bots to help us with this.

Actions: Two engineers work on the rover, two engineers work on a small flying bot I can use for scouting. I will go meet the supplier if he is here yet, if not than I will help the squad with orbital scouting to make sure no like huge thing attacks them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9