Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: TBS: New Hope 3 - Orbital [turn 2]  (Read 7662 times)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: TBS: New Hope 3 - Orbital [full, test turn incoming]
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2010, 07:24:32 am »

I would not want it any other way after all Inteuniso was first. But is there any chance that I could be put on wait list EagleV ?
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2010, 07:25:46 am »

Alright, I can be head of mining. That way, x2 can still have some form of military combat.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2010, 07:33:32 am »

I would not want it any other way after all Inteuniso was first. But is there any chance that I could be put on wait list EagleV ?

Of course, I'll change it.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2010, 07:47:36 am »

Thank you, I will be watch this thread :)
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2010, 02:57:50 pm »

x2, you didn't answer yet, so I'll have you and Inteuniso in a mining team for this test run. if you guys agree you want military, please tell me before the real game starts.

Sample turn

Spoiler: x2yzh9 and Inteuniso (click to show/hide)

The supply shuttle will arrive tomorrow, and the pilot will stay for the night will the automated systems load and unload. Please post your actions, and take your time to get in it - I'd rather have a nice RP'd turn with lots of head-captain interaction than a post-when-you-see-this oneliner.
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2010, 03:45:43 pm »

So that counts as turn 0 right? Also are all head goals bad for the team or can they be neutral?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2010, 03:49:15 pm »

They are mostly bad or neutral, yes. However, mind you that there are bad effects from hidden dice as well, don't suspect the head for all that happens ;)
*WHACK*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2010, 03:51:35 pm »

Oh I wont don't worry.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2010, 04:13:27 pm »

I already posted my turn-The general's log...
Fortify any weak points in the base and when the shuttle pilot comes, call him into my office and silently seduce him by talking to him in a friendly manner, offering him a drink, etc. Then suction information out of him by talking it out of him.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2010, 04:22:54 pm »

I see. Anyway, could you go with mining for the test turn? I'll change it to military when the game starts.
*WHACK*

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2010, 04:27:54 pm »

Question: Can heads use their reward money to help with the expedition, or are we all evil people out to make as much money as we can while ruining the expedition? It seems like we could make more money if we were part of a successful expedition.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2010, 04:28:26 pm »

Oh so this is all a test? It wont have any impact on the game?

Edit: Can we use the ship like a ship or is it basically just up there? Like can I do a fly by with the ship over the area?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:33:40 pm by Criptfeind »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2010, 04:45:35 pm »

Have 2 miners begin to create a shaft 40 meters deep.
Have 2 engineers design a small powered cargo elevator.

Also, does this mean I will be a military person as well? :(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:00:02 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2010, 04:51:31 pm »

Question: Can heads use their reward money to help with the expedition, or are we all evil people out to make as much money as we can while ruining the expedition? It seems like we could make more money if we were part of a successful expedition.

All players can use personal money however they whish. Of course, a head that is part of a big expedition can earn more, so it's all up to you whether you see the outpost or your personal gain as the highest priority.

Oh so this is all a test? It wont have any impact on the game?

Edit: Can we use the ship like a ship or is it basically just up there? Like can I do a fly by with the ship over the area?

It is a test, and I was thinking of using it as a start, but seeing as x2 would like to be military, we will restart once this turn is over and you know the results of your actions.

The ship is a ship like any other supply ship, and you can do with it what you want - as long as the pilot agrees to lend it to you. Of course, it's an open game, so you can even go as far as to *ahem* convince the pilot to lend you his craft. And hope he doens't report it.

turn

turn

Also, does this mean I will be a military person as well? :(

I might have been unclear on that, but the shuttle is not yet here, so any interaction with the pilot will have to wait untill it is.

Inteuniso and x2, you'll have to agree on the theme. Or you could let prisoners mine, and guard them so they don't escape, and fudge with the rules, so you'll have a dual military-mining camp. Or something like that. If you really can't come to a decision, that is.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:53:15 pm by EagleV »
*WHACK*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TBS: New Hope 3 - Orbital [test turn]
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2010, 04:57:42 pm »

The ship is a ship like any other supply ship, and you can do with it what you want - as long as the pilot agrees to lend it to you.
I meant the CC but that is good info to have.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9