Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Balance throwing creatures  (Read 1023 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Balance throwing creatures
« on: April 11, 2010, 12:27:27 pm »

I had three adventurers in a row killed by giants and ettins that grasped them in the teeth, or in a toe or finger, and then throwed in a wall. This is ridiculous. These parts should be severed if the creatures tried to throw someone.

And throwing smaller creatures at a wall ALWAYS kill them. Maybe there is some bug, but they don't stand a chance.

This suggestion then have two parts:

1)Make impossible for a creature to throw another with a grasp in a small bodypart like fingers, toes or teeth;
2)Balace throwing in a way that throwed creatures don't always die. A human throwed by a giant should be badly wounded, sure, and maybe sometimes be killed, but not always.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Re: Balance throwing creatures
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 06:01:33 pm »

Imposable? Then how do Judo people throw people, it should be a check of some kind .
Thank you based dwarf.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 07:09:23 pm »

I think they have a have a better grasp than a finger when they throw someone, otherwise his opponent would end with a broken one.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 07:21:11 pm »

I think thvaz has some points here. Being grabed respective thrown at/by a teeth or a finger shouldnt be possible. Fingers should snap of maybe.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.