Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Enjoying Depression.  (Read 6176 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Enjoying Depression.
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 02:10:37 pm »

Jookia, you are underage but don't go to school, so you are bored all day.

Easy solution. Go to school, do stuff. You will be less bored and therefore less depressed. Unless you have some very serious medical problems, or have been kicked out for some criminal activity, there is no reason not to. Hell, I had major medical problems as a kid and I still went to school every chance I could.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2010, 03:22:01 pm »

Exercise! (yeah I'm going to be on this little stint for a while)

As lame as it sounds, lifting weights can be fun since it's a perfectly measurable progress game. Why grind raising electronic points when the results make you sexier?!

As for looking for new people, I lost my social network and have been having trouble starting up again. A special interest group may be a foot in the door, along with school/college/work.

Getting out is important, if not for the fresh air, but for the random events. Some guy asked for a lift, so I gave him one. Turns out he likes to party, and may call me up when something comes up.

You sound young, try selling candy bars to fuel some special interests! I traveled the world in my late middle school years from it. (In hindsight, I should have gotten a car for HS)
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2010, 04:20:54 pm »

http://166291.blogspot.com/

This is not good. :(
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2010, 04:54:12 pm »

Killing yourself will only make you feel worse. Any feeling at all is better than death. You may be thinking that death will be restful or happy. This is not the case. When you're dead, you don't even feel. Instead, meet someone! We've been giving you advice, and you turn it down with the same excuse, which is that you're too depressed to follow it. Just try it, alright?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2010, 05:16:18 pm »

You know, you might want to see a psychiatrist. It seems like you might need one.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2010, 05:36:39 pm »

Killing yourself will only make you feel worse.

This wins the thread.

I think the problem is you, Jookia. Sending off posts complaining about how hard done by you are, with your depression avatar, and your title that says "Ugh" in an obtuse fashion. You want to be depressed and suicidal because it's getting you attention. Congratulations, you win! People are paying attention to you!

Now stop being a baby and take the advice these nice people have given to you. Go to school. Enjoy your time with this girl you like (honestly, "I'm too much of a burden on her, I must leave her forever!"? It's been one day). Go make some friends. To be honest, if some kid was acting depressed all the time and reeking of self-pity, I wouldn't want to talk to him, either.

If you really are having mental issues, do as Renault says and see a psychiatrist. If you can't afford that or your parents won't let you for whatever reason, go to school and see a guidance counselor. Venting over the internet doesn't make anybody happy.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 05:44:08 pm »

As someone who's been about exactly where you are I can tell you that it doesn't matter how bad things feel right now, they always get better..  You're only as trapped as you allow yourself to be.  You can come up with something better than killing yourself, if you're ready to throw in the towel, maybe its time to go buy a ticket to this girl's city, fly/train/bus/hitchhike over there and say hello.  You only need a direction, which you have (her) and then you only need to walk out your door.

A wiser man once wrote something along the lines of, its dangerous business walking out your front door.. you never know where you might be swept off to.

I've looked down the barrel, and I can tell you it's not worth it.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 06:09:20 pm »

What Vactor said. Also, not what Grakelin said.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 07:07:16 pm »

I've figured out why I'm depressed. I'm also probably going to the doctor's.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 07:10:46 pm »

Good.  Do this thing.  I wish you all the best.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 07:16:07 pm »

Glad to hear that, hope it works out.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 07:39:40 pm »

Killing yourself will only make you feel worse.
This wins the thread.
Oops. Well, I guess it makes sense, if you count zero as worse than sad.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2010, 08:42:15 pm »

Back from the doctor's. My health is fine. I guess I will be breaking up with somebody who I've had a crush on for 6 years.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2010, 08:46:14 pm »

I think you went to the wrong doctor.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2010, 09:02:50 pm »

I think you went to the wrong doctor.

I concur.

I also believe jookia just isn't listening or is trolling so I'm done with this thread. I've put up with both types too much in the past.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5