Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Enjoying Depression.  (Read 6182 times)

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enjoying Depression.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 07:09:46 pm »

There are always, you know, real girls, who are made of flesh and stuff, who you could interact with literally anywhere you'd want, not just a computer screen. Or hell, real guys. It might help to get out a bit. Join a club or volunteer for something. Hell, just go a senior center and ask them to tell you their life story. It might be boring, but in my experience, they're ecstatic to talk to someone and often have some pretty interesting things to say.

I've known her for 6 years and know her in real life. Her shitty parents moved away with her and she wants to come back, even though she can't. I hugged her in real life a few days ago when she came over since she was in town.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 09:29:18 pm »

Well, that does very seriously suck. But you know, its probably not worth obsessing over anyone like this. But thats not really an area I can advise in.
My main recommendation remains the same: try and get out of your house and meet new people. Its surprising how much that can make you feel better.

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 09:46:20 pm »

There are no social meeting places in this town.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 09:47:44 pm »

There are no social meeting places in this town.

... Do you have any sorts of places where one might buy things?  An ice cream shop?  Anything?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 09:53:50 pm »

Only supermarket stores.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 09:54:32 pm »

Theres got to be something, unless you live in the most desolate place ever. Where do you live?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 09:56:20 pm »

Only supermarket stores.

Buy ice cream (popsicles or something).  Find a bench.  Open the ice cream.  Invite someone who doesn't look too busy to sit down and have some ice cream with you.  Socialize.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 10:01:52 pm »

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON FACEBOOK WHEN DF2010 IS OUT??!??!

Whoa. Org makes the best point I think anyone could make on this.

Considering I said the same thing 5 posts before him, I feel insulted.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 10:04:53 pm »

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON FACEBOOK WHEN DF2010 IS OUT??!??!

Whoa. Org makes the best point I think anyone could make on this.

Considering I said the same thing 5 posts before him, I feel insulted.

True...but were you near so eloquent? ;)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 10:59:30 pm »

A few suggestions

1. See if you can go to a Gym. It would help [moderately I think] your boredom, and tone your body[As well, doing aerobics if your big will seriously help fat burn].

2. Start going to some place like starbucks in the morning for like maybe an hour or two, drink coffee and talk to people

3. If you don't have cable, get it. Seriously.

4. Space Station 13. Seriously, it's in the other games section and it will entertain you FOR THE REST OF YOUR FUCKING LIFe. Seriously, this is the funnest timewaster I have ever, ever come across. EVER.

5. TF2. I havn't bought it bought I heard it's REALLY good.

6. Go visit relatives on a [somewhat] regular basis. Helps to get on knowing them and stuff.

7. Try and get multiplayer video games instead of single player games from now on, unless those single player games have random world/scene generation.

8. If you don't have a job, try to get one. Unless you currently go to uni, in which case get a side job if you have enough time in your schedule for it to not stress you out.

Anyway, hope these help alot. I think it would entertain someone for quite a while.

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 11:11:48 pm »

It also doesn't help that I'm underage and don't go to school.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 11:17:32 pm »

Why not?

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 11:46:41 pm »

There's no meeting places to meet kids. I've been detached for so long. I can't live like this. Every day is just boring. I don't feel anything. I just want it to end.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 12:05:17 am »

There's no meeting places to meet kids. I've been detached for so long. I can't live like this. Every day is just boring. I don't feel anything. I just want it to end.

That may be so... but doodabuddy, there's a way out somewhere.  I believe in you.  There's loads of possibilities, and hundreds of different paths... and even if you're stuck right now, there's an avenue you can walk down to happiness.

You just have to find it.

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 12:32:51 am »

That may be so... but doodabuddy, there's a way out somewhere.  I believe in you.  There's loads of possibilities, and hundreds of different paths... and even if you're stuck right now, there's an avenue you can walk down to happiness.

You just have to find it.

I don't believe you. Anyway, I've made up my mind. I'm just waiting for the girl to come on line (we're together) to say goodbye.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5