Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Enjoying Depression.  (Read 6161 times)

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Enjoying Depression.
« on: April 11, 2010, 04:29:32 am »

Hey.

I'm depressed right now and I don't know why. I should be happy. Really happy. A girl I really like really likes me back the exact same way. She likes me for the way I am and the way I look.
I'm depressed because I'm bored. There's nothing to do. Right now my current shedule is to get up at 7AM, hit F5 to reload Facebook to get a chance to talk to her around 5-9PM.
I feel a little sick too. I haven't been eating much. The problem is Facebook. It doesn't prompt me if people sign on.
Even if they do sign on, I could be away from the desk and lose the chance to speak to them for that day. I don't know what to do.

I'm thinking of dumping her. I can't go on like this. If I dump her, I'll never ever forgive myself. She's the only girl I want in my life.

Ugh, the problem is that I don't talk to her much. I need to ask for advice from people.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:34:19 am by Jookia »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enjoying Depression.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 05:04:22 am »

I did that once. The whole got depressed, then dumped a really hot girl thing. I regretted it for like 3 months after. She got married to someone else 3 years later. I don't regret it now.

Anyway, why are you using Facebook to talk to her? Get MSN or YM. Or like.. a telephone.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 06:12:07 am »

I always found that if I was bored, I wasn't trying hard enough.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 06:55:17 am »

This is why I don't have Facebook.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 06:59:30 am »

The boredom is causing your depression. Go out and do something. You get bored for a reason, the human mind must have exercise just as the body does. Your brain gets pretty pissed off that you're neglecting it, and gives you the feeling of boredom. Reading a book is a good way to make your brain start working again. When your brain stops receiving stimulation, it ceases releasing endorphins and such in an attempt to get you to do something.

In other words, you're depressed because the automatic functions of your brain don't like you being bored. Read a book. And eat something. Something exotic and spicy.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Pathos

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 07:52:56 am »

I thought this was a post about ENJOYING depression. =(

Apparently, I'm mildly / moderately depressed ( going for a full assessment soon ), but I don't really feel it. I show all the physical signs, but I don't feel sad or any of that crap. OP, look on the bright side, when you meet this girl face to face you'll be able to restrain yourself sexually because you don't have any real sex drive.

Then again, to me, you sound like you're more addicted to the girl than depressed. She's the only source of enjoyment ( and, as someone else mentioned, endorphin release ) in your life. Go out, get a hobby, do something that doesn't involve her. You'll ( probably ) drive her off if you carry on like this.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 08:32:37 am »

The answer to part of this is if she's an online buddy or if you actually get to hang out together and...you know...be a boyfriend.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 08:52:14 am »

I agree with above poster. I mean, if she likes you back the same exact way, go out, see a movie, go to dinner. tap that bitch.

If you're looking for something to do, take up running (cheap!), sports, reading, model painting, coding, drawing, sculpting, model painting, board games, chess, writing, and more!

That's just a small list.

The fact is, you're relying on your girlfriend for happiness. What happens if she decides to end the relationship? What if she isn't on the whole day? You should not have your whole world revolve around her. It may sound sweet and make sense, but it actually is quite creepy, and never ends well.

She'll love you more if you spend some RL time with her, and do something that occupies your time. Hell, play Dwarf Fortress. You never get bored playing Dwarf Fortress. If you do, _______ it with magma.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 10:36:15 am »

Don't you have school, or a job? o_O

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 11:40:40 am »

Ugh, the problem is that I don't talk to her much. I need to ask for advice from people.

1. Figure our her typical schedule so you can stop wasting so much time.  If she usually gets on at 5, then don't turn on the computer at 7 (seriously, dude, if you miss her on a freak mid-day sign-in, you're not really losing out on anything).  Take a walk instead to get yourself going, and then make yourself breakfast.  No sugary crap!  You need energy throughout the day.

2. Eat something crazy.  Really crazy.  Like vindaloo or something.

3. Get yourself a hobby, or a project.  You clearly need something to occupy your time--so fold 1,000 paper cranes, or learn guitar, or take up rollerblading.  Do something.  Anything.

4. Go get to work on making other friends.  People who are more stable in life are far, far more attractive.

I speak as someone who as been intermittently depressed for 17 years now.  It sucks, sure, but you'll feel a hell of a lot better if you get up and do something.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 11:42:10 am »

If you sit on the computer all day because you're afraid she'll get on while you're not on, she's going to think you're crazy.  That's not a good thing.
Shoes...

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 06:13:07 pm »

If you sit on the computer all day because you're afraid she'll get on while you're not on, she's going to think you're crazy.  That's not a good thing.

No, I sit on the computer all day long because there's nothing else to do.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 06:18:21 pm »

No, I sit on the computer all day long because there's nothing else to do.

There are always, you know, real girls, who are made of flesh and stuff, who you could interact with literally anywhere you'd want, not just a computer screen. Or hell, real guys. It might help to get out a bit. Join a club or volunteer for something. Hell, just go a senior center and ask them to tell you their life story. It might be boring, but in my experience, they're ecstatic to talk to someone and often have some pretty interesting things to say.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 06:29:14 pm »

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON FACEBOOK WHEN DF2010 IS OUT??!??!

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 06:34:42 pm »

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON FACEBOOK WHEN DF2010 IS OUT??!??!

Whoa. Org makes the best point I think anyone could make on this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5