Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 233

Author Topic: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!  (Read 233156 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!
« Reply #1620 on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:20 am »

Ouch D:

Dunno which is worse, that Antimony was just a code word there or that Kat's Dad was super nerd and non-emotional about all this.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 12, 2012, 12:06:26 pm »

Ouch D:

Dunno which is worse, that Antimony was just a code word there or that Kat's Dad was super nerd and non-emotional about all this.
Its something you don't realize till someone brings up the perspective.
He has been trying to cheer her up from the looks of it...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 12, 2012, 12:08:31 pm »

Ouch D:

"Annie, you're a message." doesn't really sound like a cheer up :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 12, 2012, 12:19:19 pm »

Ouch D:

"Annie, you're a message." doesn't really sound like a cheer up :v
If you take it out of context like that, ignoring the last few pages. 

A for effort?  F for result.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 13, 2012, 05:58:10 am »

Ouch D:

For me, there is no problem in this situation. It was used both as greeting and code word. Probably there are multiple different code words, so it is likely that it was intentional.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 16, 2012, 10:19:34 am »

Guys. Tom... is quitting.

Quitting his job.

Quitting to work on Gunnerkrigg Court full time!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 16, 2012, 10:36:07 am »

Huh. Well, good luck with that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 16, 2012, 11:02:23 am »

It is a good thing that as result of technical development (in very large scale - of centuries) people can do things like Toady and Tom and create wonderful works using "you can donate" as business model!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 16, 2012, 11:04:43 am »

I think Tom's business model is "sell artworks at cons!" in combo with "DONATE."
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 16, 2012, 11:48:49 am »

Yeah, but (no offense to Tom) Toady frankly has a much bigger fanbase, bigger name recognition, and subsequently bigger cashflow. Actually, it's kind of terrifying how much money Tarn can draw in sometimes considering he'll typically go a year between major releases.

If he's gonna do this thing full-time and make a living at it, he's going to have to start doing more than 3 updates a week. And he needs to hop on the merch train -- tshirts, books, the whole nine yards. Look at Wondermark and PA...they probably draw more than 50% of their revenue from merchandising compared to ads and clickthroughs.

I wish him well, but...I've seen more than one comic (web and paper alike) crash and burn because the author thought "Wow, I could do this for a living!" only to find out that they can't.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 16, 2012, 11:59:53 am »

If he's gonna do this thing full-time and make a living at it, he's going to have to start doing more than 3 updates a week. And he needs to hop on the merch train -- tshirts, books, the whole nine yards. Look at Wondermark and PA...they probably draw more than 50% of their revenue from merchandising compared to ads and clickthroughs.
(Insert comment about OotS Kickstarter here)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 16, 2012, 02:06:16 pm »

Are they not making a movie version of OotS or something?  Or did I get it confused with Erfworld?  Not exactly a 'feed me' plea.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 16, 2012, 02:33:22 pm »

Are they not making a movie version of OotS or something?  Or did I get it confused with Erfworld?  Not exactly a 'feed me' plea.

I don't think so..there was a record-breaking Kickstarter just to reprint the old books is what it was, I believe.

EDIT:  $1,254,120  was the total
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 16, 2012, 03:44:21 pm »

It's Erfworld that's making a 'motion comic'. I think it's going to be mostly stills from the first book with voice acting and occasional animation.

And it'll be interesting to see what changes Tom's decision brings. He's already got a high quality comic with reliable updates. Having those updates be more frequent would be nice, but that probably won't cause me to buy another laser cow t-shit.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 16, 2012, 05:20:08 pm »

It's Erfworld that's making a 'motion comic'. I think it's going to be mostly stills from the first book with voice acting and occasional animation.

And it'll be interesting to see what changes Tom's decision brings. He's already got a high quality comic with reliable updates. Having those updates be more frequent would be nice, but that probably won't cause me to buy another laser cow t-shit.

I don't know, if he can release comic faster he can have enough to release the books more, as well, which could add to the revenue from merch..I was introduced to Gunnerkrigg via the books...I really need to go to check and see if there are more released the library hasn't caught up to..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 233