Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 233

Author Topic: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!  (Read 234196 times)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnerkrigg Court?
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2010, 11:07:13 am »

BESTIALITY!

No.. wait...
What has been though cannot be un-thought
 :(
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2010, 11:08:41 am »

No, he just wants to rip you a new one.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2010, 11:37:22 am »

For that trap, Jack, you've fallen into the same 'douchebag' category I put Diego in when I got to the end of the Jeanne arc.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 11:39:23 am »

Yeah, a lot of the men/boys in this series are dicks...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2010, 12:10:52 pm »

I think the phrase "She died, and we could do nothing" (or whatever it was exactly) was because the robots were programmed to love Jeanne and protect her. They were also programed by Diego to obey him but not necessarily love him. The quoted phrase above gives the feeling that they wanted to do something but found that they could not and this confused/saddened them.

When the robots found out
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At least iirc and I am interpreting it correctly.

The comic is very good and I cant wait to read more! Must build time machine...

The artistic transition the artist uses is very effective, I especially love the change in tone when Antimony uses her magic rock. (forgot what it was called)

Did anyone else read her name as Anatomy for half the comic before catching on that, that was incorrect?
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2010, 02:09:59 pm »

It's also Diego reflecting on the fact that he did do nothing as she died, because he orchestrated it.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2010, 02:35:56 pm »

I think Diego was in denial about the whole thing, had spent decades rationalizing his actions and never acknowledged that he did in fact kill Jeanne. He blames Young for the whole thing, and indeed, on his deathbed, accuses him of forcing him to help. And the robots unconditionally believed him, and didn't understand his actions at all, which is why they sought out Kat and Annie to explain the whole thing.

Unless of course the recording was incomplete, and seriously misrepresented the events. It could happen. Just like Jack might have a perfectly reasonable and selfless reason for doing whatever he is doing to Reynardine. :)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2010, 02:37:31 pm »

I think Diego was in denial about the whole thing, had spent decades rationalizing his actions and never acknowledged that he did in fact kill Jeanne. He blames Young for the whole thing, and indeed, on his deathbed, accuses him of forcing him to help. And the robots unconditionally believed him, and didn't understand his actions at all, which is why they sought out Kat and Annie to explain the whole thing.

Unless of course the recording was incomplete, and seriously misrepresented the events. It could happen. Just like Jack might have a perfectly reasonable and selfless reason for doing whatever he is doing to Reynardine. :)

Yeah, he did try to rationalize away the deaths and that's also why he thinks he should have done something.

Also the art style for that bit, does it change at all? Because it's really good, but slightly different.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2010, 02:43:09 pm »

Yeah, a lot of the men/boys in this series are dicks...

Those that aren't, IIRC.

Whoever Kat's boyfriend was. Ali? (He wasn't a prick.)
Smitty. (Smitty's a duuude.)
Reynardine. (He can be dick-ish, I suppose, but he's a decent guy)
Mort.

Um. Most of the others are questionable. We don't really know that much about them, with the exception of Eggles. But he's a dick.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2010, 02:47:23 pm »

What about Dr. Disaster? He seems nice, if eccentric.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2010, 02:49:31 pm »

Yeah, he's awesome.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2010, 02:54:48 pm »

Awww, you reminded me of 'Aly the 'kay dude'. :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2010, 07:26:59 pm »

Haha, I almost forgot about Randy Disaster. I wish he was my science teacher. That would be awesome.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2010, 08:55:54 am »

Haha, I almost forgot about Randy Disaster. I wish he was my science teacher. That would be awesome.

Seconded.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2010, 09:47:40 am »

"SPACEMONAUTS! THE EARTH IS IN PERIL!"
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 233