Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 233

Author Topic: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!  (Read 232089 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!
« Reply #2985 on: May 27, 2015, 06:57:24 am »

Yeah I knew it was the robot symbol. It's just probably rather significant that Annie's dad changed this symbol.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: May 27, 2015, 07:02:21 am »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:05:16 pm by penguinofhonor »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: May 27, 2015, 07:04:03 am »

Annie doesnt really seem capable of doing that in her current state, though...

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: May 27, 2015, 09:34:29 am »

Indeed.  She also didn't pick the symbol originally; it was present when she first learned Reynardine had hijacked her doll.  I suspect it has to do with Etheric something-or-other that changes based on its owner's affiliations, likely stemming from the same place the Realm of the Dead (another natural Etheric construct) was pulling its symbols.  Alternately, it is indeed Annie's father who changed the symbol by messing with the bindings.  What's more interesting is that this is another point not only in how Kat's symbol is not unique, but also who might have shared it with her.  I still suspect Diego, myself, though again it's mostly just wild speculation; the crucible also looking like a sideways "D" and his work on Etheric sciences in the form of the arrow that bound Jeanne aren't really much evidence. 

I suspect most of Poppa's problems with Rey don't actually stem from Annie secretly rebelling.  I suspect he just doesn't understand Etheric sciences or how the bindings actually work.  He can't exactly ask the Donlans who seem to be the Court experts at present, since given the way he's acted and the very few things we know he's done so far (bone spikes), I suspect strongly that they would be disinclined to help him very much with whatever he's planning.  It may just be, if he altered the nature of the bindings, that he screwed up with that, but at a completely wild guess, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Rey's bindings aren't so much positive as they are negative in nature - rather than compelling him to do something, they block him from doing other things.  I'm not sure how many times Annie's actually given him direct orders, but I recall her ordering him to not to speak (before the bridge) and ordering him not to revert to doll form (during the revelations around Surma's relationship with the two of them).  Most of her interactions with Rey have actually been based on mutual respect, due to her status as Surma's child and also as the little girl who was willing to sit with him under the stars.  Basically, Carver's giving Rey faulty orders based on his own assumptions which the bindings can't actually force Rey to do, and doesn't understand why it won't work. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:37:42 am by Culise »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: May 27, 2015, 09:41:45 am »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:05:21 pm by penguinofhonor »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2990 on: May 29, 2015, 04:53:17 am »

I don't know, I definitely read her reaction on this page as her hiding something. Complete with fatherly suspicion. I think secretly giving Rey to Kat is the one rebellious thing she's managed to do. Risky, but she really cares about him as a friend.

Well, there we go.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: May 29, 2015, 09:10:08 am »

all right you were right.

Having just read Neuromancer, this description of how Annie's dad spends his free time reminds me of Armitage.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: May 29, 2015, 09:13:40 am »

Welp, I'm more than pleased to be wrong; Annie hasn't been completely trodden underfoot yet after all. ^_^

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: May 29, 2015, 06:23:55 pm »

I can't get over cute puppy Rey.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: May 30, 2015, 03:20:10 am »

Mr. Carver confirmed for robot. A dickish robot.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: June 01, 2015, 06:48:35 am »

Spoiler: Update (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: June 02, 2015, 05:41:05 am »

Renard isn't a murderhobo though. Well, actually, I guess he is.

I forgot what point I was trying to make.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: June 02, 2015, 07:55:01 am »

He is, but he has some sort of morale compass.  Plus, it is much harder to pretend that Mr Carver never existed.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: June 02, 2015, 07:57:08 am »

Well, he did murder multiple people.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: June 02, 2015, 08:04:55 am »

Well, he did murder multiple people.
Sure, but times change.  People change.  Unless of course, you believe people will always be the same, that they will do the same crimes again. 
It is a matter of respect and trust I reckon.  Treat them as if they would do so again and they will be more likely to...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 233