Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 233

Author Topic: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!  (Read 233197 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!
« Reply #2310 on: July 31, 2013, 09:10:22 am »

Reynardine, Reynardine, Reynardine, don't go putting that in your mouth.  You don't know where it's been. 

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: July 31, 2013, 11:07:11 am »

I am feeling hungry for shrimp, strangely. Anyone else?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: July 31, 2013, 11:10:21 am »

I'm always hungry for shrimp. Gunnerkrigg cannot affect this fundamental, universal truth. Not even a shrimp buffet can change this.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: August 01, 2013, 07:23:00 am »

Reynard....making with the character-development chapter....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: August 02, 2013, 07:39:12 am »

Murder is my first thought.  It is ok cause 'good guy' did it to 'bad guy'?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: August 02, 2013, 07:46:17 am »

One thing that just started bothering me. I noticed that the city often seems empty, but today's the first time I've really noticed it. Have their been any hints as to why only the Gunnerkrigg people seem to live in the massive city?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: August 02, 2013, 07:58:42 am »

One thing that just started bothering me. I noticed that the city often seems empty, but today's the first time I've really noticed it. Have their been any hints as to why only the Gunnerkrigg people seem to live in the massive city?
Detroit, but without the poor people?  Seems to be the 'border of civilization'?  Used to be some large research/robotics lab?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: August 02, 2013, 08:11:56 am »

Well, I think that the idea was they are the 'civilized' and 'industrial' side, so their whole area has to be a city. They didn't build the city for the people (Or at least not most of it) but rather for having the city. Also it's possible that the city builds itself, in which case even if they didn't want to extend for extending sake (which is certainly something that seems like what they would do) it would extend itself to the limits of their area anyway.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: August 02, 2013, 08:43:44 am »

Well, I think that the idea was they are the 'civilized' and 'industrial' side, so their whole area has to be a city. They didn't build the city for the people (Or at least not most of it) but rather for having the city. Also it's possible that the city builds itself, in which case even if they didn't want to extend for extending sake (which is certainly something that seems like what they would do) it would extend itself to the limits of their area anyway.
Also, keep in mind that they have all those robots- we probably haven't even seen them all yet, and they could have been used to guild the city in the first place.

And if we consider the example of that one weather control station thingy, it might be that it's a city of labs and equipment. I know we've seen the kids using library's within the city as well, so there's that as well. Keep in mind that we don't really have a sense of scale available to us yet, so we don't know how big it is yet.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: August 02, 2013, 08:54:45 am »

Wasn't the court created from that seed thing? Maybe it has something to do with that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: August 02, 2013, 08:56:37 am »

Wasn't the court created from that seed thing? Maybe it has something to do with that.
Can you link me to the creation story page? I forget which chapter it was in.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: August 02, 2013, 09:03:31 am »

I think it starts here. and the most important page would be two in?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: August 02, 2013, 09:18:02 am »

I think it starts here. and the most important page would be two in?
Yeah, the seed Bismuth. I'll have to look up the symbol for that. Anyway, I read forward a bit, and found this again:

Laser Cows. Just like real cows.
Only with lasers.

One of the many reasons I love this comic.

EDIT: (Bismuth's alchemical symbol)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: August 02, 2013, 09:59:12 am »

http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=584

Just noticed this page after the link back. Jones totally has feelings!

EDIT: Or just wants to see what those heightened feelings can cause Parley to do :(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:01:45 am by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: August 02, 2013, 12:52:08 pm »

http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=584

Just noticed this page after the link back. Jones totally has feelings!

EDIT: Or just wants to see what those heightened feelings can cause Parley to do :(
Either way, the result worked out. The laser cows distracted me from posting that instead, to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 233