Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 233

Author Topic: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!  (Read 233174 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!
« Reply #2265 on: July 16, 2013, 05:02:50 pm »

Wait, I don't think she is homicidal crazy I think she's much, much worst.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: July 16, 2013, 05:32:49 pm »

Alright... so... she could have just lived out the rest of her thralldom without the guy ever knowing.  Instead of obsessing over making his life miserable.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: July 16, 2013, 05:58:18 pm »

Next we find out that she killed Adam's sister because her contract expires when she has no owner. Thus the "how was I supposed to know..."

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: July 16, 2013, 06:14:24 pm »

To be fair, at least her super villainy seems pretty low key.  I mean if the evillest thing she can think of doing is giving a person a rash then she can't be all bad.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: July 16, 2013, 06:30:15 pm »

Next we find out that she killed Adam's sister because her contract expires when she has no owner. Thus the "how was I supposed to know..."
That is actually reasonable to me.  As in, it doesn't seem super bad, cause it was for her own freedom.   (Honestly, I'm looking at this as a property/owner relationship...)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: July 16, 2013, 09:06:51 pm »

More supporting evidence is her suggestion to Renard to just kill Annie.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: July 16, 2013, 10:10:21 pm »

I was pretty sure this was what was up when I first read the panel. And it would just be such great irony.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: July 17, 2013, 02:33:34 am »

To be fair, at least her super villainy seems pretty low key.  I mean if the evillest thing she can think of doing is giving a person a rash then she can't be all bad.
And with the latest strip she steps it up a level. The whole crack thing being a symbol for insanity possibly? Also it's been interesting how her appearance has changed over the course of this last strip.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: July 17, 2013, 05:31:26 am »

Hetty, your crack is showing.

Oh, Tom.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: July 17, 2013, 05:43:47 am »

What is her symbol anyway? The only one I can find that looks like it is Sulfor, but not quite.
Love, scriver~

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: July 17, 2013, 10:05:42 am »

What is her symbol anyway? The only one I can find that looks like it is Sulfor, but not quite.
Phosphorus (22, under acids).  Known for causing phosphorus necrosis, being used in compounds as nerve agents and pure as caustic agents in warfare, and in both fertilizers and matches.  While it may be useful, it's not a very pleasant chemical.  Hetty, by contrast, I have yet to see any valuable use for.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: July 17, 2013, 10:19:29 am »

Give her contract to someone you want dead?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: July 17, 2013, 10:50:35 am »

And with the latest strip she steps it up a level. The whole crack thing being a symbol for insanity possibly? Also it's been interesting how her appearance has changed over the course of this last strip.

Ha, she sure does.  I can't wait to see where this is going.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: July 17, 2013, 12:59:29 pm »

"Hetty dear, you are getting all worked up again."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: July 18, 2013, 12:30:57 am »

I'm betting it's a short tale of 'this is what happens when you try to break the contract.' And we will then shortly see Hetty fall to pieces.

Which itself would serve as foreshadowing for later events in which Annie orders Renardine 'run! save yourself!' and he comes back, rescues her, and ends up dead/nearly dead.... Or at least that's what I see coming of this.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 233