Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Is it finally time to stop the elf hate?  (Read 5395 times)

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
Re: Is it finally time to stop the elf hate?
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2010, 08:43:14 am »

Is it finally time to stop the elf hate?
No.

Perhaps it's time to stop the hatred.
No.

War bears and war elephants can help us put the past behind us, no?

No, but they can help put the elves beneath us. And by beneath us I mean in shallow graves, and by shallow graves I mean we're killing them and turning them into ☼Elf Bone Bolts☼ to kill more elves with.
Son, I think you have some issues you may want to have looked at...

And no, I don't mean "issue a stream of lava at the problem" either.

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2010, 10:19:40 am »

I am all for overcoming the Elf hate. It was funny for a while but we are way past that point. "KILL ALL HIPPIES" has become just as obnoxious as "APPLY MAGMA".

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2010, 07:38:36 pm »

Warning: This thread has been marked for dumping into magma. Please evacuate all dwarven posts that refuse to comply with the traitorous elven ways. One Kilourist of magma is en route to this thread to enforce its liquidation. Please evacuate all dwarven posts.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 10:51:55 pm »

Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2010, 11:09:29 pm »

I must admit, the new elves are sort of nice. Especially since I just recieved my first elven caravan and it was carrying approximately 4-7 hundred thousand dwarfbucks worth of stuff. At least a hundred pages of stuff, if not several hundred. This seems rather like a bug, though, methinks.
and D) involve Clippy, the helpful paperclip, to tell you what to do.
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2010, 11:21:52 pm »

I like elves, and how their females got those pointy ears, fine bodies, blond hairs, and blue eyes....

I mean, yeah, the animals they bring, sure!
And when I play Adventure/Fortress, I always hate/kill humans.
I think I'm turning a Dwarf.
I think I understand the concept of...fun.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2010, 12:59:18 am »

I like elves, and how their females got those pointy ears, fine bodies, blond hairs, and blue eyes....

Blond hair and blue eyes you say? That sounds like the kind of thing some sort of evil dictator would go for. Anyway, screw your 'high elves' with there homogeneous genetics! Green eyed, brown hair forest elves are for the win!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2010, 03:33:26 am »

Blond hair and blue eyes you say? That sounds like the kind of thing some sort of evil dictator would go for. Anyway, screw your 'high elves' with there homogeneous genetics! Green eyed, brown hair forest elves are for the win!
Mm, green eyes are hot.

But I like dark elves. Dark, chocolate skin, pure white hair, glowing yellow eyes~ Yum.

I am such a perv.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2010, 04:46:05 am »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2010, 05:04:31 am »

Mm, green eyes are hot.

But I like dark elves. Dark, chocolate skin, pure white hair, glowing yellow eyes~ Yum.

I am such a perv.

Well each to there own! I also like the snow elf, with straight black hair and eyes ranging from deep to light blue, and skin as pale as snow itself.

Yea, me too...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2010, 12:12:22 pm »

Mm, green eyes are hot.

I am such a perv.

Well each to there own! I also like the snow elf, with straight black hair and eyes ranging from deep to light blue, and skin as pale as snow itself.

Yea, me too...

Max White, you win
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2010, 12:48:50 pm »

I like elves better because they're not bringing me carts full of nothing but cloth when I have an entire level of my map stuffed to the damn rafters with bins full of cloth.

I still don't like them very much, though. The last thing I did in the last version was build an elaborate drowning trap for them.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2010, 01:16:05 pm »

I know you can get war elephants. Tame an elephant in a cage, then train war animal until it is trained. Release it!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2010, 02:04:54 pm »

Mm, green eyes are hot.

I am such a perv.

Yea, me too...

Max White, you win

Oh Armok, what has happened to this thread.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2010, 02:06:20 pm »

Woah, where is that comic from? It's hilarious. :D

Edit: Another game series that includes Elf Abuse: the Overlord series. :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:10:00 pm by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6