Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In what format should the reports in DFFD be?

MS Excel 2007
- 0 (0%)
MS Excel, older than 2007
- 3 (37.5%)
PDF
- 3 (37.5%)
Other (specify)
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [COMMUNITY] Helmfist  (Read 13205 times)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [COMMUNITY] Helmfist
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2010, 01:09:36 pm »

Food situation update
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 2nd of Timber, year 1051.

Brewing has not been running lately. It seems that Sigvardr is very busy at keeping the farming going right now, so he doesn't have enough time to brew anything. I decided to appoint Tradetwinkle as a brewer temporaly. We are not running out of booze yet, but if nothing is done we probably soon will.

Fortress development update
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 7th of Timber, year 1051.

The project of draining the water from the stairway has begun. The first object is to get the floor under the workshop in workable condition, so I decided that the stairs are widened to give some more room for water to spread out. So far it has been working, and miners are now working on it. The plans go that the hospital and barracks are going to be placed to that floor, so when the stairway is ready, the mining for area for both of those will begin. After that we must rethink how to deal with the water from floor bellow that.

Bedrooms are still without beds, though Tubemine is working hard to complete the work list he has got. Some bins are still to be done before the production of beds can begun.

Still no sign of caravan. Hopefully Pageluster survives till it comes, he still refuses to come out or talk to anyone.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:11:14 pm by Kipi »
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2010, 01:10:49 pm »

Report concerning caravan
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 17th of Timber, year 1051.

The liason arrived today, and with her information that the caravan should be here in any moment now. Praise the Armok! I ordered the bins containing crafts to be hauled to the trading depot. Hopefully they bring some cloth and booze.

Update to caravan report
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 19th of Timber, year 1051.

Caravan arrived today. I will attend to them as soon as I'm finished with the liason. I already requested that the nexty caravan would bring some booze of different types, to give some variety.

Trading report, autumn, year 1051
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 1st of Moonstone, year 1051.

Finally I was able to see the caravan and do some trading. We didn't have much to offer, so I was only able to purchase some cloth, wood and one barrel of wine. The caravan did not have any more alcohol than that.

I also got some news concerning the safety of us. There has been some sights of kobold thieves near the entrance. None was catched and they were able to flee when spotted. I think the military is now top concern. We also need some traps laid down on the entrance, so that nothing should be able get us without knowing.

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2010, 01:11:40 pm »

Report update about Pageluster
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 7th of Moonstone, year 1051.

With all the clothes as wood, Pageluster has finally completed his work and has now come out from the workshop. Wondering what it could be most of the citizens gathered around to see what the fuss was all about. It turned out to be cloth tunic. It's well made, though I question wether it was really worth of all this trouble of gathering cloth from traders? We could have got something more important for all that crafts we sold. But I think I'll leave this matter behind for now, I'm just happy that it's over and that Pageluster is returning to normal work again.

Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 13th of Moonstone, year 1051.

The mining of both hospital and barracks is now finishde, including the storage rooms for weapons, armors and ammo. The production of beds is still lacking behind, though, so I have decided to order Pageluster to help in that matter. After the recent demands of him he has to do something for the fortress now, and beds are the most important thing right now.

Also, as all the mining has been done for now, Gaxkang is finally able to begin engraving. I think he will be happy with this, though all the surfaces that will be engraved must be smoothed first. That's not going to be a problem for him, I hope.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:20:04 pm by Kipi »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2010, 03:24:59 pm »

Certainly not! I prefer smooth, engraved stone over rough stone any day!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2010, 09:56:37 pm »

Cant wait to see that Pantheon. The gods are one of the more interesting aspects for me in DF. It sends my imagination soaring at all the possible cultural flairs caused by various deities. My favorite fort had a Skeletal Dwarf God of Death and Caves and having a bottomless pit at the center of my fort that claimed my first dwarf just made me NEED to build a suspended temple to said god in the pit.

Looking at the new arrival and events, I think this place is ripe for a divine up-surge of the Limar Jeweldiamond the Gilded Treasures variety.

It would be like a.. um... *snap snap* whats the word? oh I know this *snap snap snap* AHA! Renaissance! that's it. I mean one of our own has just made a magnificent centerpiece for a shrine to our beloved Limar Jeweldiamond the Gilded Treasures. (whats its name by the way?)

So by his braided sideburns and shiny bald head I would like to request Bloogonis (Vabok) Tradetwinkle Faith Keeper.

I'm assuming Limar has something to do with gems of some kind.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 10:29:23 pm by Bloogonis »

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2010, 02:46:13 am »

Nice Tiphareth!
Did you perhaps used enter to change lines in text? Made the post look a tad wonky...

Okay, some more updates coming up. As a teaser, Helmfist had it's very first mood...  ;)

I wrote it in notepad actually, and forgot to remove the extra line breaks.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2010, 09:18:18 am »

Nice Tiphareth!
Did you perhaps used enter to change lines in text? Made the post look a tad wonky...

Okay, some more updates coming up. As a teaser, Helmfist had it's very first mood...  ;)

I wrote it in notepad actually, and forgot to remove the extra line breaks.

You know, there's a word wrap option in the Format menu
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2010, 12:19:59 am »

sorry for possible typos and such, posting with my cellphone as my laptop an university network don't like each other (again)...

@Bloogonis:
Your request has been accepted, will update the OP as soon as I get my laptop to connect to internet. Short description of Limar:
"Limar most often takes the form of a dwarf and is associated with wealth."

@Tiphareth:
I use notepad as well, especialy when editing the OP. The writing area is just way too small for longer posts...

More updates incoming later today, boring day in uni so lots of time to play, though updates must wait to better access to internet.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2010, 03:01:09 pm »

woah, lol
how am I a high master miner?
I can only assume it's because I have been mining, but,
damn it, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a miner!
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2010, 03:20:51 pm »

Here, have your doctor's pick. Now go cure mother earth of that lead poisoning.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2010, 05:11:06 pm »

woah, lol
how am I a high master miner?
I can only assume it's because I have been mining, but,
damn it, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a miner!

That's because of starting seven, only Sigvardr and Zanziik did not start as miners. Everybody else did, and I have used them to dig the fortress to the shape it's right now. My plan was to remove the mining jobs from everybody soon, and then assign the migrants to do the mining.

More updates incoming either today or tomorrow, depending on if I can get the internet connection to work in my laptop. Looks like the problems are related to my laptop, as it doesn't seem to like my home connection neither....  ::)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2010, 02:50:36 pm »

Work and stockpile update
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 15th of Moonstone, year 1051.

The progress with beds is too slow. I know that Tubemine and Pageluster are working as hard as possible, but still he has not mad enough progress. So, I decided to promote Appearmetal as new carpenter to speed up the project. That means another carpentry must be built, or the promotion would be in no use. So, second carpentry has been ordered to be built right next to the first one, near the wood stockpiles.

The engraving of communal dining hall has begun. At this point Gaxkang is working alone on the project, perhaps I could spare someone to help him out. On the other had he has been happy since the engraving project begun, seems like he really enjoys it, and there is no rush to complete it, so perhaps I should just let him work at his own pace alone, and enjoy the work.

I also checked the storages with Urist Imiknorris yesterday to get some better knowledge what we have and what must be produced or traded. The wood supplies are getting low, so I told to Haika to send Hamesell outside to cut some more. Hope he doesn't get any complications from sunlight, I think none of us has been in daylight in many months. In fact, I think the last time any of us stepped outside was when the last immigrant wave came.
It seems that the food supplies have got better. We have lots of meat and enough plants to support both eating and brewing. So no problems in that sector anymore. I told to Urist to keep close eye on those storages, though, and authorized him to speak directly to Haika if the supplies are getting low.
Stones we have more than enough, actually I would be grateful if there weren't so many to litter every corner and room. Well, at least we have material for crafts, furnitures and constructions.
In matter of weaponry, we should have more of them. Right now there is only one axe and couple of picks, and every single one is in use, except one pick. That's not enough to support military, so that will be in to-do list. Same goes for armor, we don't have any.

Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 22nd of Opal, year 1051.

It has been over a month since my last update, as there has been so many things to be done. First of all, every personal room is now fully furnitured, and the cabinets and coffers I promised earlier has been installed. The only change I made was that if a dwarf who belongs to administration has office pointed out, the cabinet went to the office instead of bedroom. Also, as a sheriff Nuker W got one armor stand and weapon rack.

The smoothing of dining hall has made good enough progress, as it's nearly done. After Gaxkang has smoothed the floors and walls, he starts engraving the smoothed surfaces. After that he moves to do the same to administration rooms, first smoothing then engraving, then barracks and after that hospital. The question wether someone should be promoted to help him out is still under consideration, I have not made any decision in one way or another. I think that is a matter where we can wait and see what time brings to us.

Hamesell has been working to keep the wood coming to supply the carpenters. Unfortunately he has not been able to keep up with all three of them, so time to time I get complanes about running out of wood. Sadly nothing can be done to this matter as we have only one axe in our disposal, so second woodcutter is out of question right now. Carpenters just have to live with the fact that there will be shortages of wood for time to time.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2010, 02:51:12 pm »

Water draining report
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 4th of Obsidian, year 1051.

The water problem in the stairway has finally been solved. I took Haika and ISGC with me and we went down there and extended the stairway a bit more and the cleared the area inside of it to make the water more room to spread out. The result we have now huge stairway going down from the hospital and barracks floor and water level dropped low enought to be safe.

There was some possibilities of disaster when we did the extension, as ISGC was close to drowning twice. First time was when he was finishing the part of northern section of the stairs which connected the dry section and the wet section. Well, the water broke out and nearly drowned him. Luckily Haika was able to pull him out before the pressure of water hit him and thus preventing him drowning. Second time was when ISGC was clearing the area inside the stairway when the water broke out again from southern section of the stairs. Luckily he was able to jump to the safety before anything happened. So twice there were some potential of ISGC getting drowned. I hope we don't have to do things like this again any time soon.

Idea for decorating
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 10th of Obsidian, year 1051.

Haika visited my officies today. One of the masons, don't know who in fact, threw an idea that since they don't have any urgent work to do they could start producing statues to make the fortress feel more like a home. Haika supported the idea but decided to check me first if I did have something else in my mind. I think the idea is very good. We could use some decorations around. I left it to Haika to decide the numbers and organization, though I ordered that they come to check me first before deciding where each statue go. I may have some things to say about that, and I don't want to any necessary removing to be done. Haika agreed to do that, so the construction of statues begins.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:45:37 pm by Kipi »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2010, 03:45:01 pm »

Solitude of Zanziik
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 1st of Granite, year 105.

Today was the day when the solitude of Zanziik Tobsdeaths begun. From this day she will spend one season, or three months, in complete solitude in a room specifically dedicated to this. I'm not happy that this day came, but as the punishment was already published, there is no way to back out anymore. With her she got more than enough food and booze to survive the next three months as well bed to sleep in. The room is sound proof so that neither we don't know what's happening inside nor does Zanziik know what's happening outside. Three months, I really hope she comes out without any harm.

The next update will be huge one, as it's end of the year report. It take s some time to write it all down, as it will contain information about what the fortress has in stockpiles, wealth, events inside the fortress and so on.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:47:09 pm by Kipi »

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2010, 04:34:55 am »

Looking forward to the next update then, I got some ideas for another diary entry and will probably write it up sometimes soon.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7