Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In what format should the reports in DFFD be?

MS Excel 2007
- 0 (0%)
MS Excel, older than 2007
- 3 (37.5%)
PDF
- 3 (37.5%)
Other (specify)
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [COMMUNITY] Helmfist  (Read 13211 times)

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
Re: [COMMUNITY] Helmfist
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 04:25:00 pm »

so, how about the hospital!
anyway, I'm a doctor, don't know nothing 'bout pullin' no levers ;)
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 04:34:02 pm »

Will the engraver engrave stuff soon?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 05:44:19 am »

About hospital:
After I have got basic industries running, bedrooms and dining hall ready, hospital should be next on to-do list. I fear we are going to need it soon enough  ;) ;D

And the engraver should get some work to do with dining hall and nobles as soon as everything mentioned above is set. Lots of smoothing and engraving that is.

Also, I was considering to smooth/engrave barracks as soon as that is ready. To fight back the bad thoughts of continuous practice and patrol gives...

Also, what everybody thinks if I put some masterwork stuff, perhaps even one artifact, to barracks for reason mentioned above? I don't want any berserking dwarves at this point of fortress. Just to keep the happy, yes?

Oh, and I'm actually hard time on deciding who will be "guilty" for flooding. Any volunteers?  :D
Though that means it must be someone from original seven, as the migrant wave came at the same time as the accident happened, so can't blame any of them. And fear not, "major punishment" is not going to be that bad, I need every dwarf alive and at least in content mood. Though I'm taking suggestion of any punishment. Good ones will probably become general method of punishment, aside occasional hammering and jailing by sheriff and hammerer...  ;)
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 02:58:44 pm »

Simply as a citizen of Helmfist and with no possible bias whatsoever created by the fact that the majority of my time will be spent in the barracks (;)), I strongly approve of the barracks renovation project.

Signed
Zanziik Rakustrash

P.S.

Woops, was I supposed to pull that lever? I was just so distracted by ISGC's mighty muscles...

Z.R.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:01:38 pm by Zanziik »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 03:51:52 pm »

I'd volunteer for punishment, but I value my organs.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 04:12:42 pm »

I would like to claim Cog Idenzoz (Paddledponder).

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 09:06:15 pm »

*flex*
yea, I've been working out
screw pump, you know :D
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 09:44:29 am »

It would make this thing a lot comical if Zanziik and ISGC end up being lovers or even married...  :o ;D

Hmmm... any way I could force that happen ingame...?  ;)

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 11:57:11 am »

I would like to claim Cog Idenzoz (Paddledponder).

Done.
Do you have any wishes of job?

Going to update all the skills to picture format as well as pics of the fortress now. After that, at least small session.

BTW, sorry for laggish updates, real life has been not kind to me in terms of playing DF (university + work = not much free time...  ::))

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 01:14:23 pm »

Well, either soldiering or soap making (it is too bad you can't have your dwarf do both, Urist McDurden, soap maker and wrestler).

If you make him a soldier I would prefer if he would be taught how to use EVERY weapon (one at a time though). if soaper I wouldn't mind him to do a bit of everything on the side.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 01:55:09 pm »

Well, either soldiering or soap making (it is too bad you can't have your dwarf do both, Urist McDurden, soap maker and wrestler).

If you make him a soldier I would prefer if he would be taught how to use EVERY weapon (one at a time though). if soaper I wouldn't mind him to do a bit of everything on the side.

Zanziik! You just got a squad member!

More seriously, yeah, soldiering should be fine as soon as I get barracks up and running. I think axe would be the first weapon you learn, as axes are the one of the best way to kill anything... (still playing with .01 version...  ::))

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 02:31:09 pm »

Okay, the skills are now in picture format, under the same spoilers as the description picture as well.

I decided to lock the vote, as I used to Captus program to take desired area capture from popup window of the skills in Dwarf Therapist. This way all the skills are shown together, with experience situation in each skill as a bonus.

The map is moved to map archives, as it's quite tedious to edit the OP each time I want to post updated pictures. I'm using notepad for easing things up, but it still confusing at times to find the specific thing in the jungle of text and tags...

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 03:34:32 pm »

More seriously, yeah, soldiering should be fine as soon as I get barracks up and running. I think axe would be the first weapon you learn, as axes are the one of the best way to kill anything... (still playing with .01 version...  ::))

So, in the army then? Where's me boots? A good pair of boots are important you know, ain't gonna see me run towards any forgotten beasts without a pair.

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2010, 03:39:51 pm »

So, in the army then? Where's me boots? A good pair of boots are important you know, ain't gonna see me run towards any forgotten beasts without a pair.

You will if I say you will >:( What're you, an elf?! I'll have Urist Imiknorris hook you up with a cat, too, if that will please you!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:41:37 pm by Zanziik »

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2010, 03:51:12 pm »

Tiphareth Paddleponder is Ecstatic, recently she admired her Fine Cat Leather High Boots.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7