Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Adventures! Chapter One!  (Read 1774 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
The Adventures! Chapter One!
« on: April 10, 2010, 09:57:34 am »

The Adventures!

This is 'The Adventures!', a new idea for a forum game and an attempt to make a forum game that won't fail when the gm inevitably loses intrest. It will be played by as many players as the gm can handle and may well be set in any age and cover any span of time. Players will play through 'chapters' and the gm will change each chapter. Between chapters players that are still alive from the previous chapter can continue to play until their death and dead players can be replaced.

Spoiler: How to play (click to show/hide)

If anyone has any questions please ask.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:54:42 am by Omegastick »
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: The Adventures! (Taking reservations)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 02:57:27 pm »

Reserving as a GM.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 03:16:38 pm »

Reserving as player.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 03:47:27 pm »

Reserving as player.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures! (Need two more players)
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 04:12:29 pm »

'Aight, post your applications. ExKirby, post yours after this chapter is finished. This chapter is set the DF universe. I'll post the beggining of the story after everyone has posted an application.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 04:19:23 pm »

What kind of characters can we make? What's the tech level, do they have to be human?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 04:23:33 pm »

It's set in the df universe, if it's in df you can have it, but if it isn't reasonable you can expect it to be taken away from you for some reason or another (so if you have adamantine armor prepare for something really, really bad to happen)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 04:50:22 pm »

Ok, lesse then...

Name: UburDescription: 14 year old dwarf that had a macabre mood as a kid, made a artefact dwarf bone mechanism, and is now REALLY good at mechanics.
HP: [/b]2
Speed: [
/b]9
Strength: [/
b]1
Dexterity:
[
/b]4
Intelligence:[/b
] 9
[/b][/b][/b]
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 04:58:29 pm »

Let's see. How about this?

Name: Zozlo
Description: A young goblin thief. Mocked and called a Kobold due to him prefering to use his skills to stab one in the back and take their stuff over kidnapping children. Skilled with knives.
HP: 3
Speed: 6
Strength: 4
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 6
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:01:44 pm by Diablous »
To be partly feline,

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 12:14:09 am »

Name: Dodok
Description: A retired military Dwarf. Served for 20 years before his squad was wiped out and then he left. Skilled with a Spear and Shield
HP:6
Speed:5
Strength:6
Dexterity:4
Intelligence:4
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures! (Need ONE more player)
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 07:00:40 am »

We just need one more player and then we'll start.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 08:33:28 am »

Anyone?
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 01:41:20 pm »

For the sake of getting moving, I'll play. Don't worry, if I'm still alive at the end of this, I'll kill myself in my plot.

Name: Alexander
Description: A human Steampunk engineer. One of his arms has been replaced with a mechanical one.
HP:3
Speed:7
Strength:2
Dexterity:6
Intelligence:7
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 04:44:22 pm »

Chapter 1: For Queen and Country
The dwarven fortress of Tearshaken had always had a rocky past. After being founded by seven great dwarves in 1053 in the Rocky Barrens of War one of the founders was immediatly struck by a fell mood, something that is near impossible in these lands. He crafted a legendary bone axe, which is now on display in the grand hall for all to gaze upon in ecstatic awe. Whenever there was an ambush or siege the fortress champion, Olon, would use the sword to smite his enemies without an army behind him. But alas, the champion died 15 years ago, leaving the fortress defensless. Since then it has never ceased to be under siege, and the dwarves are not in large enough numbers to fight back, even with the artifact sword.

You have lived in these conditions long enough, and have decided to make a stand against the horde. Ubur and Alexander set about creating a trap system to fight off the siegers, and Dodok trained a militia for combat against the enemy. Zozlo, however, finally broke into the fort, disguised in a dark robe and fake beard.

From the bottom floor of the engineering section in the fort, Dodok spotted a dlash of green under the hood and behind the grey beard, and screamed, "GOBLIN IN THE FORT!". Alexander and Ubur immediatly chased after Zozlo, while Dodok ran up the flights of stairs towards the goblin. A brawl quickly broke out, with Alexander swinging a punch and hitting Dodok, swiftly followed by a kick to the groin from Ubur. Eventually, Alexander tripped on the railings of his steampunk engineering quarter and fell down onto a lever, switching it. A rumble was heard, and there was a faint sound of screams coming from the grand hall. It took several long, pointless moments before anyone realised that Alexander had switched the lever to open the front gate, letting the siegers in.

A few hours later the enemy had rounded up the dwarves, the enemy was worse than any Goblin, or even Orc, for it was the fabled race of Dark Dwarves. They delighted in the torture and pain of their enemies, even if this meant costing them the victory. The fortress surrendered to the enemy horde, terrified of what might happen to them if they rebeled. But all hope was not lost, as the enemy were taking the inhabitants of the fortress back to their tower, they were ambushed by friendly Dwarves. The tied up civilians could do nothing but wait to find out who the victor of the battle raging around them was. And in the end, the last Dark Dwarf fell, signaling a victory for the Dwarves. Most of the captured were let go, apart from four, the four that started all this, Ubur, Dodok, Zozlo and Alexander.

The four were taken to the Dwarf queen for their trial, they were accused of letting the invaders into the fortress and were charged with death, but not by the hammerer. "There is a certain treasure hunter, he is consantly a hinderance to me but he needs taking care of. You must find him and bring him back to me."

What will you do?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 04:48:59 pm »

Name: Alexander
HP: 3
Speed: 7
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence:7
HealthGood
Equipment:Mechanical arm, peasant clothing
Other: Dwarf

Alexander's a human...

Anyway, ask if there's anything that can help us find them. Try not to screw up my Dwarf and give myself away.

Wait is the queen aware that Zozlo is a goblin?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:03:16 pm by Diablous »
To be partly feline,

Pages: [1] 2