Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to Mundera! A Fantasy RTD  (Read 16359 times)

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Mundera! A Fantasy RTD
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2010, 09:56:25 am »

I will lit any torches in the room with my fire magic before anyone does anything.

If I suceed I will hurl the fireball in my ring towards the weakish first boss giant skeleton.

If I dont, I will use try to melt his armor (using magic of course)

"Is that all you got?"
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 10:07:17 am by Batista »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2010, 02:47:48 pm »

The Skeleton Warlord attacks...

Roll to determine which hero he attacks: 4- Tise

Attack Roll: 2+1

Dodge roll: 1+1

Wound Roll: 6

The darkness is unsettling. You try to remove the shadows with your magic.. But a sudden chilly wind distracts you. You turn around just as the skeleton appears out of the shadows and strikes at your head. You try to avoid the blow, but you miscalculate the reach of the greatsword. The Sword cuts through your helm, into your head and you fall to the ground, clenching your head with your hands, blind with pain and blood flowing through your hands.

Greatsword 7+1 Damage, helm prevented 3. Sustained 5 Damage. You are heavily bleeding.

Iveara

Action: I will lit any torches in the room with my fire magic before anyone does anything.

If I suceed I will hurl the fireball in my ring towards the weakish first boss giant skeleton.

Roll to Lit the Torches: 2+1

Melting Roll: 2+1

Light. We need light to fight it, you decide. You concentrate hard and you sense that there are torches on the walls- But just as you are about to light them, you hear a horrible Scream. It was Tise who screamed. Unnerved you try to melt the skeletons armor but you can`t see it- Thus you aim by intuition (and blind).. And you miss. You feel a sudden warmth, and a chest glows in a soft red light as it melts into a pool of hot iron. There`s some light now, but not enough to be helpful.

Nirur Torir

Action: I use my Rune of Metal to melt the skeleton king's armor, locking the skeleton in place.  If an ally creates a source of light, I wait until just after his/her turn to take my action.

Sense magic roll: 4+1

Rune of body recharge roll: 3 (failed)

Rune of magic recharge roll: 4 (recharged.)

You try to melt the skeletons armor. But how if you can`t see it? Then you find a solution: It`s radiating magic. By sensing it you manage to determine it`s position somewhat. You hold up your rune and bellow your command and the skeleton is highlighted for some seconds in a bright, red, light. Your rune worked, but something is queer.

The crown smolders and glows in a bright red light.. Some molten bronze is dripping from the helm- And suddenly the magic of your rune fades away and the skeleton vanishes again into darkness.

Exkirby

Action: Attack anything. Preferably an enemy.

Attack Roll: 2-1

Skeleton dodge roll: 4+1

While nirurs attempt to melt the armor failed, it was enough to revel the position of the enemy. You charge at it, swinging your hammer, but then the light is gone again and you attack thin air.

Shebi: Get out of dodge. Move out of the room and try and stick to the back of the group where the safety is.

You hurry back to the door. Or you try, it is too dark to see anything. (Most likely the lights in the other room are out, too.) You can`t find the exit, but you manage to get behind Nirur and the others. But as you don`t know where the skeleton is, this might either be good or bad for you.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:50:28 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2010, 03:08:21 pm »

I use my Rune of Magic to try to disrupt the necromantic magic animating the skeleton king.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2010, 03:37:02 pm »

I will lit any torches in the room with my fire magic before anyone does anything.

"Damn Iveara, focus!"

EDIT: In case I wasn't clear enough, I repeat my previous action.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:19:16 pm by Batista »

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2010, 01:45:25 am »

Get away from the skeleton. If I do get away from it, magically form all the darkness into a corner. If I don't try to aim and attack it's sword hand, with my dagger.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2010, 09:10:29 pm »

Attempt to spot the skeleton.

Hope desperately it'll hit someone I don't like.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2010, 08:36:12 am »

If Exkirby doesn`t post till the evening i`ll go ahead anyway. ;)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2010, 12:10:03 pm »

More pown. If I don't post, more pown.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2010, 03:30:22 pm »

Will upload the turn tomorrow, i think. No time atm. ;)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2010, 02:00:28 pm »

The Skeleton Warlord attacks..

Roll to determine which hero he attacks: 1 Nirur Torir

Attack Roll: 6

Dodge roll: 3

Wound Roll: 4

Nirur Torir sense magic roll: 6

Nirur Action: I use my Rune of Magic to try to disrupt the necromantic magic animating the skeleton king.

Rune of Body recharge roll: 4 (recharged)

Rune of metal recharge roll: 5 (recharged)

You try to sense the presence of the skeleton again.. With success. You can hardly miss that magical aura! You then try to break the necromantic spells on the skeleton- It works, somehow. Again the crown of the skeleton shines brightly, this time in a blue light.

The skeleton knows which of you is doing this to him and runs towards you.. But every step is slower and takes more effort. It lifts it`s sword and you prepare to casually step aside as the skeleton moves suddenly as fast as normal again. The sword comes down and slices through your right arm, causing severe damage and pain.

7 Damage to the right arm. Cloak Durability -2. You are now heavily bleeding.

Iveara

Action: I will lit any torches in the room with my fire magic before anyone does anything.

Light torches roll: 3+1

Skeleton dodge roll: 6

It works! The torches are now alight- And you can now clearly see what`s happening. And thats not a nice sight, oh no! Both Nirur and Tise are heavily wounded and bleeding, the later one is mindlessely crawling over the floor.

You decide to take part in the slaughter and you release the fireball that was stored inside your ring. It flies towards the skeleton, but it`s aware of you and evades your fireball.

Tise

Action: Get away from the skeleton. If I do get away from it, magically form all the darkness into a corner. If I don't try to aim and attack it's sword hand, with my dagger.

Getting away from the skeleton is easy, since the skeleton is already gone. But every attempt to cast magic fails, you are seriously wounded and you can`t concentrate enough!

You are dying from the serious wound (e.g the loss of much blood.). The crawling just caused more pain and you might even pass out next turn!

Shebi

Action: Attempt to spot the skeleton.

With the newly lit torches this task is pretty easy.

Exkirby

Action: More pown. If I don't post, more pown.

Attack Roll: 1

Dodge roll: 4

Even though you can now see it, you miss with your warhammer. The Skeleton glares at you.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:02:44 pm by Lordinquisitor »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2010, 02:06:19 pm »

POWN.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2010, 02:29:18 pm »

Speak [@ everyone] - "You can thank me later guys."

Melt the skeleton's armor, make sure it is inside it when it happens.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 04:49:07 pm by Batista »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2010, 07:39:16 pm »

Speak [@ Iveara] "Elf ... er, Iveara? Together we can melt its armor. Ready ... Now!"

I use my rune of metal to help melt the skeleton's armor.

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2010, 10:35:17 pm »

Try to stop the bleeding by bandaging the wound with my cloak.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2010, 01:08:00 am »

Speak: "We are so fucked..."

With little other course of action due to a distinct lack of unssassination powers, swing my sword at him. Aim for a limb, if at all possible. After all, skeletons are way easier to lop apart!

Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16