Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to Mundera! A Fantasy RTD  (Read 16344 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Welcome to Mundera! A Fantasy RTD
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 12:05:04 pm »

"Oh, damn this. Time to do this properly."

Grabbing one of the goblin weapons, I go in for the kill. Unless we're done here, in which case I try to focus and develop water magic.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 01:58:41 pm »

I still just need to know whether Shebi allows nirur to use the rune magic- If not Nirur needs to post a new action. ;)

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 05:24:59 pm »

Speak [@ Shebi] - "Just shut up will you? Ignorant humans. You seriously overestimate your ability to intimidate me. We'll finish this disscussion when we get out of this place."

Whisper [@ Nirur Torir] - "See? Akvakians can't be trusted, they're just mice with a lion's roar."

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2010, 01:20:24 am »

Shebi is too busy shouting at the elf to notice the rune magic. Wink wink, nudge nudge?

Speak [ @ Iveara ] - "Don't underestimate me, elf. Even your kind has to sleep, even your kind has blind spots, even your kind can't keep vigilant forever. Consider yourself lucky I didn't decide to rid myself of you on the ship."
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2010, 02:10:12 am »

(Don't actually roll for this action, it's only to stop an argument.)

Using magic, I find something metal on both of them and use it to drag them away from each other.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 08:07:07 am »

All right- here you go!

The Fight is over. The last goblin managed to put the flames out, but now he lies on the floor, dying with horrible burns.

Iveara

Action: Finish the goblin with my sword, loot the body.

Loot Roll: 3

You casually walk up to the Goblin and with a coup de grace you put him out of his misery- Then you start to search for any valuables.. But you don`t find any. Not even his leather armour is useable, since it`s charred. Well, more time to provoke the akvakian.

Nirur Torir

Action: I use my Rune of Body to heal Shebi

Auto-Success

Power of the invoked spell: 4-2

-> Heals one Lifepoint

Even though shebi doesn`t want to be touched by any magic you decide it`s better to help her- So while she`s arguing with Iveara you sneakily activate your rune of body- And the cut heals a bit.

Healed shebis arm a bit. (+1 HP)

The Rune is now discharged. At the beginning of each new turn i shall generate a random number from 1-6. On a 5-6 the Rune is recharged.

Tise

Action: Stop my shadow magic and head into the cave looking for anything that's I can use.

Search Roll: 4

Loot Roll: 65

You stop casting your spell since the battle is won- Curious what might be found you head into cave and start searching for anything useable.. And you find something! Near the campfire lies a little bag- It`s quite heavy and as you look inside you find some old silver and iron coins.. They are very old for the script used is an old nordic one. Near the campfire, hidden under a blanket of a goblin you see something shiny- A bronze helm, also engraved with nordic runes. The coins and the helm aren`t magical as far as you can tell.

Shebi

Action: Shake my fist angrily at that darn elf and start looting the goblins.  I'm mainly searching for extra lockpicks, bits of usable armour, maybe some cloth to wrap my new wound in.

Searching roll: 5

Loot Roll: 57

First Aid Roll: 4

Still disgruntled you search the corpses of the Goblins you killed (All the while insulting the elf.)- Both were armed with bronze shortswords and have some leather armour.. But most of it is too small for you. But the leather cap of one of the goblins just fits nicely and the other one was carrying a wooden shield, which seems undamaged as well.
Cloth there is enough, but most of it somehow soiled- Still you are able to salvage some pieces of "clean" cloth. You manage to dress your wound, and while it still hurts you stopped the (moderate) bleeding and no new filth will come into it. Further the wound seems a bit less threatening than before, almost as if someone used magic..

Wound: Stopped bleeding.

Found items: Leather cap, two bronze shortswords and one wooden shield. (Resistance as leather.)

Exkirby

Action: Grabbing one of the goblin weapons, I go in for the kill. Unless we're done here, in which case I try to focus and develop water magic.

Water Magic Roll: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Arrow- Search Roll: 4

Found 3 Arrows.

After the battle you decide to ponder the mysteries of water magic. While you needed several years to learn the magical theory and several months to learn metal magic you are confident to learn water magics on the fly. Well, isn`t that easy you notice after several minutes. Eager to get at least something done you decide to search for your arrows- You are able to get 3 backs, the fourth one.. Well, that one is only ash- Remember?

(Nope, learning complex magic in some minutes is impossible, sorry. :P )
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:25:15 am by Lordinquisitor »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2010, 08:28:26 am »

"You're going to get us all killed with your fighting. Now, I'm going to go through the door that was unguarded. Just stay here if you want to keep fighting each other."

I go through the door that was unguarded. Since doors are usually free actions, I'll also examine any potentially magic items that are brought to me if possible.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2010, 09:13:36 am »

Shebi smiles at her amazing ability to dress wounds. It looked better already! Also, I don't pick up the shortswords. I already have a (better) sword anyway.

Take a goblin ear as a trophy and follow along with the rest of the group (If they're moving along, that is.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2010, 10:55:07 am »

Speak [@ Shebi] - "HA! Rid himself of me he says. You will regret each and every one of those words when I put my sword down your throat, you're not invincible you know? Magic ain't the only thing up my sleeve"

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2010, 12:18:14 pm »

Door. Axe. You do the math.

Name: ExKirby

Race: The other humans from all around the world

Skills: Bowmanship, Lockpicking, True Magic, Engineering, Persuasion,  Dodging

Worn equipment: Longbow, 14 Arrows, Iron Gloves (13/13), Metal Magic. Lockpick

Items in Backpack: Glass Shards

Health:

Legs (10/10)

Lower Arms (10/10)

Upper Arms (10/10)

Lower Body (10/10)

Upper Body (10/10)   

Head   (10/10)

Wounds:

Conditions: Confused

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2010, 12:20:11 pm »

But you have no axe.  ;)

Maybe you`d wait till nirur tried opening the door. Except if you want to open the second, formerly guarded, door.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2010, 01:27:00 pm »

Water Magic Roll: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Expected.

I open the formerly guarded door, hoping to find some loot.

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2010, 01:36:39 pm »

"Nirurtorir, I have some items I like you to examine."

I bring the bag of coins and bronze helm to Nirurtorir for him to examine, and then I go through the door.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2010, 02:08:16 pm »

But you have no axe.  ;)

Maybe you`d wait till nirur tried opening the door. Except if you want to open the second, formerly guarded, door.
Formerly Guarded. Oh, and what about the weps I took from the goblins?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2010, 02:20:05 pm »

Exkirby

Action: Door. Axe. You do the math.

Roll: 3

Rushing past your group you run towards the, formerly guarded, door and begin to attack it with a shortsword you hastily picked up. After a while you accidentely slip and open the door.. There`s another long tunnel ahead, but unlike the rest of the cave the tunnel walls seem to be smoothed. A chilly air is coming through. 

Tise

Action: I bring the bag of coins and bronze helm to Nirurtorir for him to examine, and then I go through the door.

You hand Nirur the bag of coins and the bronze helm.

Nirur Torir

Action:

I go through the door that was unguarded. Since doors are usually free actions, I'll also examine any potentially magic items that are brought to me if possible.

(Nordic) Rune Translating Roll: 4+1

Nordic Runes are quite similiar to dwarven ones- It`s easy for you to translate the runes. The Coins are normal, if old, coins with depictions of several Nordic Warriors and Kings. You see famous ones like Eric Shipwrecker, Leif the Harrower and some drunkard king named Hrothgar.. But there are also some that aren`t widely known.

The runes on the helm are runes of protection and victory, but not magical. After you told tise what you discovered you hand him his stuff back.

Then you open the door and you see a tunnel, steadily going down. You believe that you can hear some noise, coming from deep within, but you aren`t sure.

Iveara

Action: I open the formerly guarded door, hoping to find some loot.

Exkirby already opened the door so you just peek into the tunnel. There seems to be no loot, but the walls are smoothed and the air is chilly.

Doomshifter & Jabberwock

Like the rest of the group you face now two doors.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:22:17 pm by Lordinquisitor »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16