Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to Mundera! A Fantasy RTD  (Read 16343 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Mundera! A Fantasy RTD
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2010, 04:31:39 pm »

Wrote a Pm to the idlers. If they don`t post tomorrow they will be skipped.   ;)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2010, 12:07:09 am »

Well, I suppose Help everyone fight the remaining skeletons by swinging at the nearest one.

But, if there aren't any, I guess Shebi will Rally everyone to fight the goblins.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2010, 10:19:37 am »

COME ON YOU FILTHY PINGUIN, POST ALREADY  >:( >:(

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2010, 11:54:28 am »

I guess i`ll skip him, then. If he also doesn`t reply next turn either, i will kill him in some gory manner. Hehe.  ;)

Tise

Action: Loot the skeletons of their items, and armor that seem to look better then the ones I am currently wearing.

Loot Roll: 70

You search the, now finally lifeless, skeletons for any equipment. Your search turns up a bronze breastplate and also some bronze boots. Like the rest those armor pieces are engraved with non magical, nordic, runes.

Nirur Torir

Action: I attempt to dispel the enchantment on the door with my rune of magical energy.

Roll to determine whether the magic of the rune is strong enough: 6

Rune of Body Recharge Roll: 1

You try to dispel the magic on the door with your rune. The door creaks and shudders under the meight of the magic at work, but finally you break the spell. There are some cracks in the door, but otherwise nothing else was damaged or activated.

Iveara

Action: Loot skeletons for better armor, heal anyone who needs to be healed. Wait for someone to open the door as I'm not touching it again.

Loot Roll: 56

You find a nice fitting pair of ornated bronze boots and a bronze helm. The other armor is either too small, or too rusted/damaged. (Or maybe someone else already claimed the best pieces.)

Shebi

Action: Well, I suppose Help everyone fight the remaining skeletons by swinging at the nearest one.

But, if there aren't any, I guess Shebi will Rally everyone to fight the goblins.

Come on! You know that this will end in tears... We won`t be paid for killing skeletons but to kill goblins- HEY! Does anybody listen?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2010, 12:25:42 pm »

"Nobody would spend this much energy guarding nothin'. There's clearly something valuable ahead, and I'd like ta know what it is, lass."

I'll stay with the group, voting to go further into the area with necromantic energies. If we go there, I'll check for magical traps. Otherwise, I'll just sing an uplifting song about gold.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2010, 01:19:36 pm »

Speak [@ Shebi] - "Listen to him, I vote we keep pushing this way."

Open the door, hoping not to get blasted again, and scout the area ahead [use stealth]

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2010, 02:43:10 pm »

"I also vote to keep going deeper into this tome."

I sneakily follow/head down the unmagical door.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2010, 02:53:26 pm »

I sneakily follow/head down the unmagical door.

Two guys will screw up twice as easily as one, but come along, I can smell the Fun from here.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:59:54 pm by Batista »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2010, 10:40:40 pm »

Speak: "All I'm saying is, I can't assassinate the undead. That'd take some sort of crazy unsassinating dagger."
Follow Nirur Torir and company, wondering quietly to myself how an unsassinating dagger would even work.

Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2010, 04:14:11 am »

Damn, I really need to say when I'm going on holiday.

Onwards in any direction.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2010, 08:15:46 am »

Iveara

Action: Open the door, hoping not to get blasted again, and scout the area ahead [use stealth]

Sneak Roll: 1+1

Tise

Action: I sneakily follow/head down the unmagical door.

Roll: 2+1

Rune recharge roll: 2 and 3

Nirur Torir

Action: I'll stay with the group, voting to go further into the area with necromantic energies. If we go there, I'll check for magical traps. Otherwise, I'll just sing an uplifting song about gold.

Sense magics roll: 6

Shebi

Action: Follow Nirur Torir and company, wondering quietly to myself how an unsassinating dagger would even work.

Exkirby

Action: Onwards in any direction.

"Nobody would spend this much energy guarding nothin'. There's clearly something valuable ahead, and I'd like ta know what it is, lass." Stated Nirur.

Tise Agreed. "I also vote to keep going deeper into this tome."

Shebi shrugged, resigned.  "All I'm saying is, I can't assassinate the undead. That'd take some sort of crazy unsassinating dagger."

"3 against one? Then we shall find out what waits behind the door...If we can open it now." Answered Iveara and walked up to the door.

Gingerly she reaches for the door handle.. And nothing happens. Elated and smiling she turns back to the group. "Good, it worked. I will risk a look what lies ahead."

"I`m coming with you." Declared Tise. "The others shall follow quitely."

"Two are easier to spot than one.." mused Iveara. "But i can sense danger ahead. Might be good to have someone to watch my back."

Slowly Iveara opens the door.. And Nirur steps forward once again. "Before you enter, let me search for traps." And while he sensed the presence of much magic he coulnd`t sense any traps. Content he stepped back. "It should be safe; Just go ahead."

The room ahead is smaller than the room with the benches, but the light is more dim and it is impossible to see very far. Tise and Iveara go ahead, while Nirur follows them, humming a tone. Shebi follows, muttering something. Exkirby seemed to have had a change of mind and he quickly catches up with them.

The room is mostly empty. Some benches, tables and chests are lying here and there.. But the walls were all the more interesting.  In those walls were carved magnificient pictures of war and plunder.

At the northern end of the room you see a massive stone throne.. Sitting on it is a skeleton, armoured wholly in a full suit of nordic bronze armor. It is adorned with nordic runes, like the other armor pieces you saw.. But these runes glow, like magical ones would.. A Greatsword is lying on his knees and in addition to his helm he is wearing a spiked crown.

And to his feet are lying more heads.. You look down and you see...

Fresh goblin skulls still covered with skin and smearead with blood

As you look up again the skeleton is gone. And then the light goes out.

(Note; While in the dark certain actions will fail easier. You might try to get rid of the darkness, somehow.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:42:05 am by Lordinquisitor »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2010, 12:49:34 pm »

I use my Rune of Metal to melt the skeleton king's armor, locking the skeleton in place. If an ally creates a source of light, I wait until just after his/her turn to take my action.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:42:51 pm by Nirur Torir »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2010, 02:22:33 pm »

Attack anything. Preferably an enemy.

I have this figured out. We enter a new room, there's a skeleton for us to pwn.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2010, 05:40:30 pm »

I shall dispell the darkness if it is of the magical kind, if not I shall try to sneakily aim and assassinate the skeleton's head.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2010, 12:06:34 am »

Get out of dodge. Move out of the room and try and stick to the back of the group where the safety is.

No way I'm letting some Nordic ninja skeleton king with a great-sword attack me...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16