Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone else have this problem with their maday set?  (Read 1271 times)

BloodyThorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BloodyThorn
Anyone else have this problem with their maday set?
« on: April 10, 2010, 07:00:37 am »

I just downloaded the new one that was posted for df.31.02 and I've got this problem (only on this specific computer, it seems to work fine on my laptop). Seems all the dwarves are just outlines, while none of the animals and creatures are displayed at all...

http://i.imgur.com/XaeVxh

Tayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else have this problem with their maday set?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 09:34:09 am »

Looks like something wasn't set up properly with it?  That's what you get if you only use the base character set in the Art folder.  For some reason, none of the actual dwarf/animal/creature/etc graphics are working.

Try reinstalling?  Make sure everythings copied and setup correctly?  Offhand, assuming you've done nothing differently from the laptop install...I can't think what might have gone awry.

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:09:14 am »

Did you update in the middle of an established game? Might be old art in the saved game folder?

---

Bruwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 12:23:28 pm »

If this is a save from before you used a graphic tileset, you need to copy the raw folder into that save directory, and overwrite everything. That will fix it right up no problem.

BloodyThorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BloodyThorn
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 12:52:18 pm »

Looks like something wasn't set up properly with it?  That's what you get if you only use the base character set in the Art folder.  For some reason, none of the actual dwarf/animal/creature/etc graphics are working.

Try reinstalling?  Make sure everythings copied and setup correctly?  Offhand, assuming you've done nothing differently from the laptop install...I can't think what might have gone awry.

Well it was the stock install of Mayday...but the save file was copied over from a previous install, I think that's what did it.

BloodyThorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BloodyThorn
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 12:53:21 pm »

Did you update in the middle of an established game? Might be old art in the saved game folder?

Pretty sure this is what did it. I wasn't aware that there was a raw in the save game dir. I copied over the new one, and viola! it works.

Thanks

BloodyThorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BloodyThorn
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 12:54:07 pm »

If this is a save from before you used a graphic tileset, you need to copy the raw folder into that save directory, and overwrite everything. That will fix it right up no problem.

This did it. I wasn't aware there was a raw in the save directory. But copying over the new raw data into it resolved the issue.

Thanks for the solution.