Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Armageddon MUD  (Read 23551 times)

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
Re: Armageddon MUD
« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2010, 10:44:18 am »

I'll wait til my character sobers up, then I'll figure all that out. I assume you were in the bar? Or did you see my escapades about town?
Yeah yeah yeah!

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2010, 10:47:37 am »

Aye, I was in the bar.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2010, 02:44:00 pm »

Another character comming, olol.

Also, prob old news but they're making Armageddon 2. They answered my email about colour coding teling me that they haven't been actively updating armageddon for a while now is because they're planning what seems to be a huge update that will add alot of new things to it, including colour coding.

I should send an email about minimaps.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 15, 2010, 05:33:09 pm »

I should send an email about minimaps.

Please do.
I find this game, and many other MU*s impossible to play without some kind of map.

I have a terrible memory and a horrific sense of direction to go along with it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2010, 05:54:59 pm »

There's a map on the site.

Link related
Shoes...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2010, 08:04:20 pm »

Maps on the site are terrible. God, these people and their love of text makes me twitch.

Especially since I've offered to actually make some halfway decent ones (in character) and they were staunchly against it, and in fact said I would need to learn to read/write before I could even justify drawing text images.

At least they're introducing colour.

The worse part is I've played some REALLY good MUDs with integrated clients and they were great - colour codes, minimap detailing the nearby areas you could see, and an image space that pulled images for the things you were looking at.

It was pretty sweet - and that was about 8 or 9 years ago.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:08:30 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2010, 08:46:52 pm »

So I was out wandering in the desert, and just found an erdlu standing there. Even came with reins! I didn't think mounting a random erdlu would work but it did, so now I have a mount.

Is this common? :/

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 15, 2010, 09:51:39 pm »

So I was out wandering in the desert, and just found an erdlu standing there. Even came with reins! I didn't think mounting a random erdlu would work but it did, so now I have a mount.

Is this common? :/

Gratz, you probably just stole some dead guy's mount.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 15, 2010, 09:56:03 pm »

Well, without a mount in the wastes, if he wasn't dead before he probably is now. :P

It was mentioned you can tame various wild animals, but I assume it would give me a bit of trouble with that, so probably a dead guys mount. Wondering what it was doing wandering around so close to the city, and where it's owner could have gotten killed... Nothing particularly dangerous around that I could see, it had been there for a while, and it was night at the time (I was passing time till I could go back into the city)

Also, my nose is now dripping blood. That is bad, yes?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:57:37 pm by GlyphGryph »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 15, 2010, 10:00:54 pm »

Glyph, are you in Allanak?
Shoes...

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2010, 06:13:44 am »

I requested an account (not a char) a while back, not 24 hrs yet but how long did it take people to get in game? (account request, char creation, char request etc)
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 16, 2010, 04:28:31 pm »

Lately they've been a bit slow to accept/reject applications, Its taking 24 hours everytime for me.

Alright, these people want serious gameplay, I'll give it a try, and maybe someday I'll have enough karma to play a gith.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 18, 2010, 05:33:48 pm »

Yeah, Cthulhu, I'm in Allanak.

monodefuego

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 23, 2010, 08:47:48 am »

I actually joined this forum JUST so that I could comment on this thread... Well, that and I'm a huge dwarf fortress fan.

I've been playing Arm off and on for more than a decade, and it's still the best game I've ever played. It's enormously complex. I've seen in the thread a few times that there's not enough documentation on cultural interaction. I think the actual problem is that there's way more documentation than any human being is willing to read prior to playing. But that kind of adds to the fun: I still don't know everythng there is to know about the game and I probably never will. So your new character ends up offending a bunch of people and gets his butt handed to him? Losing is fun. =) Plus why should your first character be an immediate badass? Takes the fun out of things if a game is easy, and Arm is NOT easy.

Alright, now, that being said I do understand the frustration people are feeling over the maps. Even if you had an auto-mapper utility they're VERY hard to make, for the simple reason that Arm is MASSIVE, not to mention oftentimes 3D. However I can probably lend you a hand if you send me a PM with your e-mail while still keeping things above board. Glad you're all playing!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:02:54 am by monodefuego »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2010, 10:24:50 am »

If there's more documentation that I'm able to read, I'm not seeing it, as I've read all the relevant pieces on the site. Of course, it IS a huge world, so the lack of in depth docs is kind of expected. But really, I'd expect more than half a page on, say, dwarfs. Plenty of this is dynamic, sure, but its hard to build a character with depth when I don't know the situation he's emerging from - and its hard to find that out since the characters I've previously built will probably never interact with, say, the 'rinth.
There's a lot of documentation, but a lot of it is very shallow.

And my maps are fine (automapping is cheating IMO), I'm just upset the mods won't let my character make and distribute them.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22