Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422132 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #5325 on: February 20, 2012, 09:49:41 pm »

Is it possible to make a reaction require a gem to be cut? Or a specific cut?
Also do we know if there are more kinds of cuts we can use, or only what is in the raws as is?

Just curious. I'm not sure if I'll actually do anything with cut gems but...
Ah, right. Is there a way to make a game uncuttable? I'm working on some "power" source-type gems, and they come out as "rough" and I'm not sure if that means they can be cut or not. While I see no harm in it (the gems have a value of 0 anyway), I'm just curious.

EDIT:
Does the PROFESSIONNAME token work for castes/gender? Meaning could you make it so all females had (for example) swordsman changed to swordswomen? Again, more curiosity.

I know that assorted different gem cuts can be found in descriptor_shape_standard.txt  Any more, I cannot say, although I would also be interested in hearing an answer.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: February 20, 2012, 10:38:30 pm »

EDIT:
Does the PROFESSIONNAME token work for castes/gender? Meaning could you make it so all females had (for example) swordsman changed to swordswomen? Again, more curiosity.

no, but CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME does.

Does CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME work for gender?
Or could I just have to set up the castes as the gender, would that work?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: February 20, 2012, 10:47:11 pm »

EDIT:

Genders ARE castes; there is really no distinction.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: February 21, 2012, 01:04:32 am »

EDIT:

Genders ARE castes; there is really no distinction.

Ah, I see. Shows what I know, eh? :p

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5329 on: February 21, 2012, 12:12:23 pm »

I have quivers and backpacks no longer in my stockpile screen under "finished goods" They are not stockpiled, and I am not certain if they are used properly in Fortress Mode.

Any ideas ? Tags missing in the entity file ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: February 21, 2012, 12:15:28 pm »

Is it possible by modifying any file to allow embark in fortress mode on a map that feature some tower, goblin fort, city etc... ?
Every time in the world map if i move the 4x4 embark map to include such interesting building, the Embark become greyed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5331 on: February 21, 2012, 12:20:02 pm »

There was a hack for this, I think runesmith allowed it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jemeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: February 21, 2012, 01:41:05 pm »

Umm quick questions.

1. Where are the reactions for all of the jobs? Such as Brewing, process plants, make rock crafts, etc., etc.

2. Where are the buildings for vanilla?

3. I noticed that when I put the [AUTOMATIC] tag on a reaction that there was an entry with the rest of the auto-do (o->w)stuff. Where are these stored?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5333 on: February 21, 2012, 03:26:06 pm »

1. hardcoded, you cant access them
2. hardcoded, you cant access them
3. I am not sure I absolutely understand the question, sry

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: February 21, 2012, 03:45:30 pm »

1. look up reaction_other in raw
2. look up building_custom in raw
3. automatics I'm not 100% sure on
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: February 21, 2012, 06:04:11 pm »

Hi, I hope this is still the appropriate thread for these types of questions. I've decided to try my hand at modding, and played around and made an ork civilization/creature for fun. I just can't seem to get them to spawn in worldgen. Can anyone lend a helping hand?

Ork Civilization
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: February 21, 2012, 06:20:44 pm »

Hi, I hope this is still the appropriate thread for these types of questions. I've decided to try my hand at modding, and played around and made an ork civilization/creature for fun. I just can't seem to get them to spawn in worldgen. Can anyone lend a helping hand?

Ork Civilization
First: If they live in caves by default you won't notice them in world gen/embark/making an adventurer though they (may) still exist.
Second LIKES_SITE is where they'll usually migrate to, they migrate to Mountainhomes...
Moving on: They tolerate RUINS and DARK_FORTRESSes so if they may move there.
In conclusion: They are cave dwellers who are born in caves, migrate to Mountainhomes, ruins, or Goblin Fortresses and never return to their birthplace :o

While they seem bloody awesome you won't know if there are any left unless you check legends and they'll be hard to find, as their bandits shouldn't be far from their few caves (which never increase and so never expand) which could end up in the middle of the nowhere. Orks that've migrated to other civs should also be proper citizens (or as unproper as the goblins). And unfortunately the places they migrate to can't be found in adventure mode (except maybe the ruins, but I'm not sure on that).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: February 21, 2012, 06:52:03 pm »

Ork Civilization
First: If they live in caves by default you won't notice them in world gen/embark/making an adventurer though they (may) still exist.
Second LIKES_SITE is where they'll usually migrate to, they migrate to Mountainhomes...
Moving on: They tolerate RUINS and DARK_FORTRESSes so if they may move there.
In conclusion: They are cave dwellers who are born in caves, migrate to Mountainhomes, ruins, or Goblin Fortresses and never return to their birthplace :o

While they seem bloody awesome you won't know if there are any left unless you check legends and they'll be hard to find, as their bandits shouldn't be far from their few caves (which never increase and so never expand) which could end up in the middle of the nowhere. Orks that've migrated to other civs should also be proper citizens (or as unproper as the goblins). And unfortunately the places they migrate to can't be found in adventure mode (except maybe the ruins, but I'm not sure on that).

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention this. I've been using legends as my method of verifying their presence, but there is never even a single entry for Orks.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: February 21, 2012, 06:55:02 pm »

There was a hack for this, I think runesmith allowed it.
Thanks, i'll look into this.

Meanwhile i found too :
Just Embark
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=71007.0

Embark Anywhere
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77796.0

DFusion that is including Embark Anywhere
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69682.0

But for now they're not updated for the 0.34.x version of DF, hopefully they will be one day.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: February 22, 2012, 09:46:11 pm »

Hey, what are the largest size of tile that can be used when making a tileset?  I don't plan on making one, I'm just curious.  Could tiles be bigger than Pheobus/Ironhand/Mayday tiles?  How big are each of those sets' tiles?
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357