Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422121 times)

mithosaurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #5310 on: February 17, 2012, 10:55:25 am »

Does anyone here know how to go about increasing the points afforded a demigod adventurer at character creation?  I know it would require editing the binary files of Dwarf Fortress.  I do not know the first thing about doing stuff like that, so any help is appreciated.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: February 18, 2012, 10:36:07 pm »

Ok so i was just throwing around a few ideas after the epic fail that was adventuring so i decided to create basically a big badass controllable megabeast  that is nigh invincible with the skin being something like adamantine or some other even stronger metal. I started by copying the goblin raws then decided screw this i'm going to make this from scratch. Thanks to the wiki and raws i can be on my way to creating a super beast i plan on making it be adamantine and drop statues when it is killed also adding in a few interaction possibly
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Note that i will be periodically updating the page to account for the changes i made

Two problems still no sight and no head appearing. any sugestions?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:17:31 pm by antlion12 »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5312 on: February 18, 2012, 10:43:48 pm »

Does anyone here know how to go about increasing the points afforded a demigod adventurer at character creation?  I know it would require editing the binary files of Dwarf Fortress.  I do not know the first thing about doing stuff like that, so any help is appreciated.
Just use a Memory Hacker (Artmoney, t-search, cheat engine, etc...) and use that to alter the points during runtime.

Ok so i was just throwing around a few ideas after the epic fail that was adventuring so i decided to create basically a big badass controllable megabeast  that is nigh invincible with the skin being something like adamantine or some other even stronger metal. I started by copying the goblin raws then decided screw this i'm going to make this from scratch. Unfortunately i now have no idea where to go with this so any idea on where to go with this.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:Destroyer_TISSUE_LAYERS]

this ^^^ should be all UPPER_CASE

Also I'm not in the megabeast building department, I just make random stuff lol

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: February 18, 2012, 10:46:22 pm »

Ok so i was just throwing around a few ideas after the epic fail that was adventuring so i decided to create basically a big badass controllable megabeast  that is nigh invincible with the skin being something like adamantine or some other even stronger metal. I started by copying the goblin raws then decided screw this i'm going to make this from scratch. Unfortunately i now have no idea where to go with this so any idea on where to go with this.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:Destroyer_TISSUE_LAYERS]

this ^^^ should be all UPPER_CASE

Also I'm not in the megabeast building department, I just make random stuff lol
[/quote]

Ok thanks for the tip also the first page is really helpfull i'm going to be testing in the arena soon.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: February 18, 2012, 10:55:22 pm »

This post will be for test updates

Oh also what exactly needs to be put in to prevent DF from crashing when i attempt to use the description button?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:36:42 pm by antlion12 »

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: February 20, 2012, 11:20:37 am »

What in the raws controls hair turning grey? I recently extended my custom race's lifespan and had the unforeseen side effect of their hair turning grey...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: February 20, 2012, 11:54:53 am »

What in the raws controls hair turning grey? I recently extended my custom race's lifespan and had the unforeseen side effect of their hair turning grey...
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GRAY:1]---The tissue turns GRAY
            [TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]---The tissue appears as "hair" in appearance, is singular
            [TLCM_TIMING:ROOT:80:0:130:0]---starts 80th yr day 0, ends 130th yr day 0
Now you know what to look for and what each bit does  ;D
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: February 20, 2012, 01:25:18 pm »

[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GRAY:1]---The tissue turns GRAY
            [TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]---The tissue appears as "hair" in appearance, is singular
            [TLCM_TIMING:ROOT:80:0:130:0]---starts 80th yr day 0, ends 130th yr day 0
Now you know what to look for and what each bit does  ;D

Thanks! Seems I need to tweak it for white hair as well... but thanks to this, I know what the whole token means! Bwhahahaha!

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: February 20, 2012, 01:42:17 pm »

Is there any way to make a language file easily without havering to edit word by word? I'm 50 words through 2000 some odd translations and I'm curious if there's a tool to do this instead.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: February 20, 2012, 01:44:30 pm »

I'm modding in a Blizzard man race so I can play as one in adventure mode. The thing is, the only option I have is a blizzard man outsider. Why is this?

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: February 20, 2012, 01:47:34 pm »

either world gen cant give them a spawn biome, or there getting wiped out in wars due to there ethics, i hat the same problem with the old raws for my mod.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: February 20, 2012, 01:51:52 pm »

I'm modding in a Blizzard man race so I can play as one in adventure mode. The thing is, the only option I have is a blizzard man outsider. Why is this?

I don't think a Cave counts as a civilized place so things in them aren't "officially" civilized as far as adventuring and tower building goes. Also you might want to take out [LOCAL_BANDITRY] unless you want to get ambushed by your own people and occasionally attacked in your own towns (they go, "Don't talk to me" and attack).

Is there any way to make a language file easily without havering to edit word by word? I'm 50 words through 2000 some odd translations and I'm curious if there's a tool to do this instead.
I think DFLang is a bit outdated but could be a good way to make most of the file.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: February 20, 2012, 04:43:48 pm »

Is it possible to make a reaction require a gem to be cut? Or a specific cut?
Also do we know if there are more kinds of cuts we can use, or only what is in the raws as is?

Just curious. I'm not sure if I'll actually do anything with cut gems but...
Ah, right. Is there a way to make a game uncuttable? I'm working on some "power" source-type gems, and they come out as "rough" and I'm not sure if that means they can be cut or not. While I see no harm in it (the gems have a value of 0 anyway), I'm just curious.

EDIT:
Does the PROFESSIONNAME token work for castes/gender? Meaning could you make it so all females had (for example) swordsman changed to swordswomen? Again, more curiosity.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:17:01 pm by krisslanza »

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: February 20, 2012, 07:36:26 pm »

EDIT:
Does the PROFESSIONNAME token work for castes/gender? Meaning could you make it so all females had (for example) swordsman changed to swordswomen? Again, more curiosity.

no, but CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME does.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: February 20, 2012, 07:59:47 pm »

Oh also what exactly needs to be put in to prevent DF from crashing when i attempt to use the description button?

[DESCRIPTION:Your description of the creature here]
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357