Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422169 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #5250 on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:53 pm »

Make custom reactions, each reaction making a bar of a different metal for free. Don't let other civs mine and give them those free metal reactions as you see fit.

If you want them to only not use steel, that's as simple as just not including the steel making reaction in their entity.

Yeah, this is essentially how Fortress Defense restricts metals per civ.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: February 11, 2012, 02:22:11 pm »

Speaking of Reactions, I have a particuallry frustrating problem.  I have my nice custom workshop.  And I have my list of reactions, all tied to the custom workshop.  I have the workshop and all of the reactions listen in the entity. The reactions are set to go to the specific workshop. I can build the workshop just fine.  My reactions do not show up at all, the list in the workshop is empty and they don't even show up in the job manager like I have seen when I searched the forums (and that is the closest issue to what I have).  I have double, triple, quadruple, quintuple checked all of my raws to look and see if I am misspelling something, this isn't the case.  They just do not appear.  What should I be looking for to get this fixed?

EDIT: Scratch this, I somehow had a blank reaction.txt for the past three days.  I don't how how but apperantly the file was never actually copied over into my folder, and I have to manually go into the file in my raws folder and copy-paste the text
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:32:42 pm by commondragon »
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5252 on: February 11, 2012, 02:30:25 pm »

Did you add them to the entity? the reactions that is?

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: February 11, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »

Did you add them to the entity? the reactions that is?

Speaking of Reactions, I have a particuallry frustrating problem.  I have my nice custom workshop.  And I have my list of reactions, all tied to the custom workshop.  I have the workshop and all of the reactions listen in the entity. The reactions are set to go to the specific workshop. I can build the workshop just fine.  My reactions do not show up at all, the list in the workshop is empty and they don't even show up in the job manager like I have seen when I searched the forums (and that is the closest issue to what I have).  I have double, triple, quadruple, quintuple checked all of my raws to look and see if I am misspelling something, this isn't the case.  They just do not appear.  What should I be looking for to get this fixed?

Granted there was a typo, but I did in fact say I did that
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: February 11, 2012, 03:02:19 pm »

Nothing in the errorlog and new world?

Hmm, when I get something like that I usually just rewrite the reaction from scratch.  A rewrite catches any hard to see typos, most of the time.   Also mind posting the reaction?  A second set of eyes can sometimes catch errors the writer always misses.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5255 on: February 11, 2012, 05:36:51 pm »

Two quick ones about cavern-linked entities:

Is a Hell civ possible ? (cavern linked entity with depths:5:5) Wouldnt they clash with normal demons ? And become friendly, since they kill hostiles ?

Is a friendly cavern civ possible? Without traders, but spawns friendly units in caverns/camps.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: February 12, 2012, 09:50:15 pm »

I want to remove gems underground but I still want it in the game as a trade good only. Is it possible to make a custom reaction that gives free gems to other civs and would they be able to trade it?

I know it kind of works since Fortress Defense does this to limit the metal usage for a type of civ but I want to know if they can trade it.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: February 12, 2012, 09:58:50 pm »

It should, just like how human always have access to bronze.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: February 12, 2012, 09:59:17 pm »

I think that the 'create free metal for free civ access' method only works for metal, since it most certainly doesn't work for stone.

I'm not sure though...

@Meph's Hell Civ question:

I'm not sure. Just about everyone I've asked here say that it isn't possible. But honestly, there's not much science done on that particular subject, so you might try linking every cavern civ to Hell and hope to find them via DFReveal.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:02:54 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5259 on: February 12, 2012, 10:55:35 pm »

I have several custom reactions that produce stone and gem powders, and those consistently show up in trade caravans.  It should work to make a reaction that gives custom stone boulders or rough gems to make those available only through trade.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: February 13, 2012, 05:20:58 pm »

Ok, Hello all, long time player here, but first time modder.

Just trying some very basic editing of the reaction_smelter.txt to get my feet wet, however I can't seem to get anything I add to show up in the game. From what I understand I can edit the reaction_smelter.txt in the save/raws and then when I start the save what I added will be there?

For example, just to see if I could I added

[REACTION:FREE_STEEL]
[NAME:create steel]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

To the bottom of the reaction_smelter.txt in save/raws (game is closed when I do this) when I start the game and load the save, its not there. I can't even get this simple hack to work, makes my modding career in serious doubt :)

Any ideas?

Undeadlord

forgottenbeastextract

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: February 13, 2012, 05:55:54 pm »

I just recently started modding and one thing that I'm noticing in the embark screen is that fat and organ tissue are sometimes listed under leather. I'm not really sure what would cause that, especially since it's for monsters/animals whose entry I haven't even touched. Right now there's olm man kidney tissue listed where it never had been before.

Does anyone know what could cause that and how to fix it? I thought maybe it was missing skin or a leather template, so it went to fat/organs, but everything seems intact, so I'm not sure.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: February 13, 2012, 07:59:22 pm »

Few questions here.

1. I set the Dwarven caravan to show up in Winter, as my modded civ is set for Autumn, but I noticed they don't show up despite existing. Is this normal? Should I change the season?

2. If I change the playable civ's Caravan season, will that "work"? I know the game is set up for Autumn, but if you changed it to say Spring/Summer, would it show up as it should in the first year? And if so, would other caravans then start showing up in the first year, or will they only show up starting in the second?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: February 13, 2012, 08:09:32 pm »

They wont show up in the first year if it's spring.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: February 13, 2012, 08:57:41 pm »

Ok, Hello all, long time player here, but first time modder.

Just trying some very basic editing of the reaction_smelter.txt to get my feet wet, however I can't seem to get anything I add to show up in the game. From what I understand I can edit the reaction_smelter.txt in the save/raws and then when I start the save what I added will be there?

For example, just to see if I could I added

[REACTION:FREE_STEEL]
[NAME:create steel]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

To the bottom of the reaction_smelter.txt in save/raws (game is closed when I do this) when I start the game and load the save, its not there. I can't even get this simple hack to work, makes my modding career in serious doubt :)

Any ideas?

Undeadlord

Did you allow the reaction in your ENTITY_DEFAULT?
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 357