Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422283 times)

Hoodoo456

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dabbles in DF, usually fails in very Fun ways
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #5115 on: January 31, 2012, 11:52:39 pm »

Will entity_default work? I don't have the other one.
OH GOD THE KITTENS ARE EATING ME

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: January 31, 2012, 11:53:59 pm »

That is indeed the one he meant.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hoodoo456

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: January 31, 2012, 11:54:42 pm »

Ok, thanks.

Nil Athelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: February 01, 2012, 12:00:30 am »

The character useing that axe-knife will also gain skill at other things classified as knifes .

simply put:

if your shuriken uses the sword skill. and you gain "XP" for every time you throw it. it would eb the same as using a sword. and if you do pick up a sword you'll have the skill of whatever you worked up with your shuriken
Waaaaaaait.  So when I throw a sword, I get sword skill XP each time I throw it?  So I could stand next to a wall with a macro and throw my sword, pick it up, throw it, pick it up, etc?  I need to test this now.

...okay.  That only increased archery and throwing skills, not sword skills (I threw some swords in the arena).  Sad.  (Myth is busted!)

Also thinking of recreating dinosaurs.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG1VeGJieUw5UEpHeDZmQ1RXQ3BPV0E6MQ

...I think this is the information I need.  The rest should just be generic biped and quadriped bodies with scales, eggs, etc.  Plus Cool Parts.  Is there anything that I'm missing?  I need to be sure before I send it off to paleontologists at the local university (UCLA).

In other news:  What does the Armorlevel token on a shield do, exactly?  Also, there's an UPSTEP, but while that makes me think it armors the arm... I've never seen any cases of piercing it, and got plenty of hits on the shield arm.  (I'm making a Jutte that should, theoretically, only help block (pity you can't put block-chance on weapons...)

In other other news: Okay, how do I make wooden javelins?  Specifically, how do I make sure that they turn up wooden in shops?  Can I put the training weapon thing on them?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:40:30 am by Nil Athelion »

Hoodoo456

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: February 01, 2012, 12:52:24 am »

how would i make bronze colossi playable in fortress mode?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: February 01, 2012, 12:57:43 am »

how would i make bronze colossi playable in fortress mode?

replace [CREATURE:DWARF] under the MOUNTAIN entity with [CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE].

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: February 01, 2012, 01:14:33 am »

The character useing that axe-knife will also gain skill at other things classified as knifes .

simply put:

if your shuriken uses the sword skill. and you gain "XP" for every time you throw it. it would eb the same as using a sword. and if you do pick up a sword you'll have the skill of whatever you worked up with your shuriken
Waaaaaaait.  So when I throw a sword, I get sword skill XP each time I throw it?  So I could stand next to a wall with a macro and throw my sword, pick it up, throw it, pick it up, etc?  I need to test this now.

...okay.  That only increased archery and throwing skills, not sword skills (I threw some swords in the arena).  Sad.  (Myth is busted!)

Also thinking of recreating dinosaurs.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG1VeGJieUw5UEpHeDZmQ1RXQ3BPV0E6MQ

...I think this is the information I need.  The rest should just be generic biped and quadriped bodies with scales, eggs, etc.  Plus Cool Parts.  Is there anything that I'm missing?  I need to be sure before I send it off to paleontologists at the local university (UCLA).

In other news:  What does the Armorlevel token on a shield do, exactly?  Also, there's an UPSTEP, but while that makes me think it armors the arm... I've never seen any cases of piercing it, and got plenty of hits on the shield arm.  (I'm making a Jutte that should, theoretically, only help block (pity you can't put block-chance on weapons...)

In other other news: Okay, how do I make wooden javelins?  Specifically, how do I make sure that they turn up wooden in shops?  Can I put the training weapon thing on them?

don't forget you can change swords skill to throwing and become a legendary "swordsman" by throwing it(or the shurikens) over and over :P
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5122 on: February 01, 2012, 09:49:24 pm »

You could also make weapons use civilian skills... like a sicle that uses herbalism, meat cleaver uses butcher, carving knife uses woodcrafting... and so on.

Unrelated:
Are nails still broken ? As in: Get an injured nail, never heals, get infection, die eventually ?

If yes, I would like to fix it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5123 on: February 01, 2012, 11:21:38 pm »

You could also make weapons use civilian skills... like a sicle that uses herbalism, meat cleaver uses butcher, carving knife uses woodcrafting... and so on.

Unrelated:
Are nails still broken ? As in: Get an injured nail, never heals, get infection, die eventually ?

If yes, I would like to fix it.
Add a healing rate to NAIL tissue template?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5124 on: February 01, 2012, 11:31:23 pm »

This, or the removal of nails ;) I think the problem was that the doctor does not acknowledge them as injuries, and they dont get cleaned. I might be wrong though, thats why I ask ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: February 01, 2012, 11:43:06 pm »

Give the tissue template the [SETTABLE] tag?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5126 on: February 02, 2012, 07:01:14 am »

Give the tissue template the [SETTABLE] tag?
That will just make it so the NAIL tissue needs to be set so it may heal. just adding a HEALING_RATE will allow it to heal like skin.

This, or the removal of nails ;) I think the problem was that the doctor does not acknowledge them as injuries, and they dont get cleaned. I might be wrong though, thats why I ask ^^
Then what will you make "everything" scratch with? because there is no "Attack" template that you can simply alter to use a new tissue as the scratches' main attacker.

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_NAME:nail:NP]
[STRUCTURAL]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:NAIL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:2]
[HEALING_RATE:1000]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

Heals as fast as bones do, can change how you feel fit. I think healing slow is good due to nails dont acually heal they "grow back" lol

EDIT:
My guess is since "Nails" cannot heal, doctors reguard "nails" like dwarves with a broken upperspine a "lost cause" and thus ignore it. This is only my opion I could be wrong
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 07:03:56 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5127 on: February 02, 2012, 10:11:37 am »

Yeah, something like that. I went through 10 pages of the bug-tracker but cant find a mentioning of nails. It is still an issue, right ? That is the main question. I will add your little piece of code anyway, jut to be sure. :)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: February 02, 2012, 06:00:02 pm »

Maybe I'll get an answer faster if I post in here considering this is the thread for this, How the fuck do I do the alpha channel thing with .png tilesets. A lot of them have that magenta BG that doesn't show at all, however some of those tilesets break and then the magenta comes in and fucks everything up. So I would like to know how to fix those without making them just completely transparent if possible, and then I would like to make my backgrounds red to make them stand out more file wise and so on, but obviously not show the red like the magenta.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: February 02, 2012, 07:07:31 pm »

I'm not sure. You could try PMing Ironhand, he's the only one of the three tileset makers who's really active on the forums anymore. He did one of the tilesets, btw.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 357