Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422334 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #5055 on: January 29, 2012, 08:52:57 pm »

Thanks to both of you.

Second question: In this case I make the reactions favor only one skill.

Third question: I had hoped to freeze the entire body of water. But you say ice mephits freeze it automatically ? Than I could add pets instead, and throw them into the water. A one-way pet, cheaply made. When you say: That part of the pool, do you mean one tile ? Or all connecting tiles ? (3*3) ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: January 29, 2012, 09:16:51 pm »

A Spoony Bard's pures only ever freeze one tile, so I guess it's only one tile.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: January 29, 2012, 10:06:28 pm »

Thanks to both of you.

Second question: In this case I make the reactions favor only one skill.

Third question: I had hoped to freeze the entire body of water. But you say ice mephits freeze it automatically ? Than I could add pets instead, and throw them into the water. A one-way pet, cheaply made. When you say: That part of the pool, do you mean one tile ? Or all connecting tiles ? (3*3) ?

By "part of a pool", I mean just one tile, which may melt instantly when it isn't winter.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5058 on: January 29, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »

Thanks once more.

I also encountered a little problem with fossil reactions, and the wiki does not help much. These one should create a bone, a skull, a horn and a shell. But they crash the game, and the error-log says that the inorganic material is missing.

raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is it correct that there are no materials tokens for these four items ? If yes, I will make 4 custom inorganic mats, that have to necessary material reactions, or tags. (hope that works)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: January 29, 2012, 11:55:54 pm »

narhiril had the exact same problem with bodyparts in reactions causing game crashing.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: January 30, 2012, 06:17:38 am »

I think you have to tell the game what is the bone of. You might need to call a creature 'fossilized'.
Just make sure fossilizeds don't appear anywhere.
Or actually do make them appear, why not.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: January 30, 2012, 07:31:37 am »

erm, fairly new to the more intensive modding, but I was wondering if it's possible to add a tag to a custom building, so that it requires mechanical power to run?
and if so, what tag should I add?
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5062 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:46 am »

erm, fairly new to the more intensive modding, but I was wondering if it's possible to add a tag to a custom building, so that it requires mechanical power to run?
Nope

Search function on these fourms is helpful :P

But there is no way of using "Power" for a workshop (like the millstone) only the [NEEDS_MAGMA]?? tag which is of course just allows the use of reactions that require [FUEL] not to take any charcoal/coke/coal due to the magma doing the fuel bit, also forces the building to be built over magma?

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: January 30, 2012, 08:20:33 am »

Nope

Search function on these fourms is helpful :P

But there is no way of using "Power" for a workshop (like the millstone) only the [NEEDS_MAGMA]?? tag which is of course just allows the use of reactions that require [FUEL] not to take any charcoal/coke/coal due to the magma doing the fuel bit, also forces the building to be built over magma?

heh, well I couldn't find anything, hence I asked.
err.. one more question, what's the tag for a raw adementine boulder? I'm working on a 'compressor' system to convert loads of coal into diamonds, and that into raw adementine. but can't seem to get the raw adementine to be created.

currently I'm working with [PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:RAW_ADAMANTINE]; doesn't seem to do much.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:26:48 am by Carch »
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: January 30, 2012, 08:59:50 am »

currently I'm working with [PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:RAW_ADAMANTINE]; doesn't seem to do much.

try [PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:RAW_ADAMANTINE]
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: January 30, 2012, 09:16:03 am »

try [PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:RAW_ADAMANTINE]
works! thanks. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: January 30, 2012, 10:01:58 am »

I think you have to tell the game what is the bone of. You might need to call a creature 'fossilized'.
Just make sure fossilizeds don't appear anywhere.
Or actually do make them appear, why not.

[STATE_NAME:fossil]
[STATE_ADJ:fossilized]

Malakai Makaisson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: January 30, 2012, 12:41:59 pm »

Is it at all possible to either modify Mining or create a custom labour so that it is only possible for a certain race to dig through stone and soil?

I'm foraying into modding and I'm attempting to make a custom race and would like for them to only be able to get metal through trading.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: January 30, 2012, 12:50:26 pm »

Is it at all possible to either modify Mining or create a custom labour so that it is only possible for a certain race to dig through stone and soil?

I'm foraying into modding and I'm attempting to make a custom race and would like for them to only be able to get metal through trading.

No. It is impossible to do what you requested, as labors are hard-coded, in a sense that you can't modify the actions of a labor.

You can assign labor types to reactions, but this is irrelevant to your question.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Malakai Makaisson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: January 30, 2012, 12:56:40 pm »

No. It is impossible to do what you requested, as labors are hard-coded, in a sense that you can't modify the actions of a labor.

You can assign labor types to reactions, but this is irrelevant to your question.

Ok, thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 357