Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422350 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #5040 on: January 28, 2012, 07:55:17 pm »

Well, that just means that the creature's fingers don't have any nails.

Also, should the fingers be connected directly to the lower arms, as opposed to the hands?

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: January 28, 2012, 08:48:16 pm »

Ok, I changed the fingers to attach to hands instead of lower arms, that removed the errors.  Although I can't see any way to actually tell how many fingers it has in game, I can only assume it's working correctly now, well spotted!

EDIT: Ok, found all the fingers in the grappling targeting menu, working as intended!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:55:32 pm by Destroid »

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: January 29, 2012, 03:39:53 am »

Is it possible to remove redundant items on a list, for example, dog leather, cat leather, elf leather etc. so that it only shows one type of leather?

If not, is there a workaround?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: January 29, 2012, 03:41:43 am »

Is it possible to remove redundant items on a list, for example, dog leather, cat leather, elf leather etc. so that it only shows one type of leather?

If not, is there a workaround?

Yes; in fact, there are already mods that do that. See Meph's Masterwork mod, for example.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: January 29, 2012, 12:26:30 pm »

Okay, so. I want to mod plump helmet men to be buyable at embark, adoptable as pets, and have them able to breed, but retain the "Dwarves occasionally grab a live stray one and chow down" thing. Advice on doing this? Is it possible to mod in?

You can do all that, but dwarves will never "grab a live stray one and chow down".  Plump Helmet Men are actually inedible, because of the way butchering and corpse item edibility works, and eating a non-vermin live creature is something dwarves never do anyway.

Really? I could swear they'd do it in a couple earlier versions of the game.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5045 on: January 29, 2012, 12:44:17 pm »

Okay, so. I want to mod plump helmet men to be buyable at embark, adoptable as pets, and have them able to breed, but retain the "Dwarves occasionally grab a live stray one and chow down" thing. Advice on doing this? Is it possible to mod in?

You can do all that, but dwarves will never "grab a live stray one and chow down".  Plump Helmet Men are actually inedible, because of the way butchering and corpse item edibility works, and eating a non-vermin live creature is something dwarves never do anyway.

Really? I could swear they'd do it in a couple earlier versions of the game.

I'm fairly certain it's never happened.  Dwarves eating plump helmet men - either live or dead - is a myth that's been around for a while.  It's something people claim happens, but is actually impossible due to the way butchering works and what dwarves will and won't eat.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: January 29, 2012, 01:39:11 pm »

I'm not sure if you should really have a 14x18 workshop ;>_>
it's meant to be a "super workshop" it's a bit op to just be able to amp up any skill you want. it's expensive and cumbersome to place.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: January 29, 2012, 06:02:51 pm »

Any idea how to change the names of creatures of a particular civ? Want my humans to have normal human names.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: January 29, 2012, 06:41:48 pm »

Any idea how to change the names of creatures of a particular civ? Want my humans to have normal human names.

You'd have to change their language. Be warned that you'd have bridges named Bob and groups called The Joshuas of Ardents.

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: January 29, 2012, 06:48:36 pm »

I'm having a serious problem with an entity refusing to use an ammo type that its supposed to.

Here are the relevant raw parts:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just cant figure out why its not working.
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: January 29, 2012, 06:49:36 pm »

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWs_ELVEN]

Your entity file has ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS_ELVEN while the item is called ITEM_AMMO_ARROWs_ELVEN.

Caps count.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:51:07 pm by Putnam »

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: January 29, 2012, 06:59:37 pm »

Wow, that is really hard to see on notepad.
Thanks for that. Sometimes it requires someone else to look at your code and see something you missed, thats why I put it up.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5052 on: January 29, 2012, 08:31:26 pm »

Two quick questions:

Is it possible to use water as a build mat ? I managed to add it, no errorlog, BUT the building cant be built, because apparently I have no water. (as in: I have water, but cant use it to built) Anyone knows a workaround or fix, using buckets full of water maybe ?

If a reaction has multiple labor skills, does it train every possible labor skill ?
Example: Making a cabinet trains masonry, since masonry is needed as labor skill. If I have a reaction that uses axe, spear and sword skill, would it train axe, spear and sword, OR only the one the worker uses for it ?

Ok, make it three:
Is it possible to make a material that freezes water when it comes in contact with it ? I tried a really cold stone, called dry ice, but the only thing that happens is that the watercovering on the stone itself freezes, not the actual liquid around it. Would be great for icetraps.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:36:08 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: January 29, 2012, 08:40:17 pm »

Second Question: You can have multiple labors attached to a reaction, but it will randomly choose only one, and thats what the dwarf gets exerience in.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: January 29, 2012, 08:42:00 pm »

@Meph's Third question:

I know for a fact that you can manipulate temperature to freeze or dry areas. Deon's Ice Mephits from Genesis freeze upon contact with water (and freeze that part of the pool too), and IIRC, their breath can freeze water (although if it isn't winter, then the frozen stuff melt immediately).

With that being said, I'm not sure how anyone's going to weaponize that.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 357