Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422389 times)

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4965 on: January 22, 2012, 03:13:51 pm »

I want to make a reaction that takes bones (a whole stack, stupid bug) and produce bones, but with a tougher values. I already made a material_template called toughbones_template. My problem is that I can't seem to find the item token for bones. If there isn't one then it doesn't matter, I'll just go straight to the final product.

Bones -> Tough Bones -> Weapon/Armor
Bones ---------------->  Weapon/Armor

Then my last problem is that how to use a material template. My work around right now is making a new creature called TOUGH_BONES (doesn't appear in Fort mode and Arena) with the tissue toughbones.

[PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SOLDIER_SET:CREATURE_MAT:TOUGH_BONES:TOUGHBONE]

Is there a simpler way of doing this?

Ugh, explaining this is hard.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4966 on: January 22, 2012, 03:35:46 pm »

I want to make a reaction that takes bones (a whole stack, stupid bug) and produce bones, but with a tougher values. I already made a material_template called toughbones_template. My problem is that I can't seem to find the item token for bones. If there isn't one then it doesn't matter, I'll just go straight to the final product.

Bones -> Tough Bones -> Weapon/Armor
Bones ---------------->  Weapon/Armor

Then my last problem is that how to use a material template. My work around right now is making a new creature called TOUGH_BONES (doesn't appear in Fort mode and Arena) with the tissue toughbones.

[PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SOLDIER_SET:CREATURE_MAT:TOUGH_BONES:TOUGHBONE]

Is there a simpler way of doing this?

Ugh, explaining this is hard.
Hmm... I can sorta follow what you want.

What I think you have:

Creature named: Tough
bone material that is stronger

Add
   [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BONES:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]
to the BONE in "material_template_default.txt"

then have a reaction that does this

[REAGENT:bones:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BONES]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:"item type":NONE:CREATURE_MAT:TOUGH:BONE]

there is no way to create bones through a reaction saddly. So you would need to alter your flow

normal bones + harderner? -> Weapons/Armor

the above reaction would have to be modified to allow this, but it will make 1 of the product even if there was a stack of 50 bones

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: January 22, 2012, 05:20:15 pm »

couldn't you have a reaction that takes a stack of bones and converts it to "bone bars", the product quantity being a multiple of 50 so each bone in the reagent stack becomes 1/3 of a bar (bars have the quantity/150 thingo). Then have your new item reactions use a BAR product that has MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BONE?

thanks for the liquid stacking help hugo, will test it shortly

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4968 on: January 23, 2012, 01:23:09 pm »

What is the correct reagant for Ice ? I would like to mine out ice boulders and use them.

Currently I have:
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:WATER]

But I get the error: Unknown inorganic material: WATER
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: January 23, 2012, 04:30:12 pm »

What is the correct reagant for Ice ? I would like to mine out ice boulders and use them.

Currently I have:
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:WATER]

But I get the error: Unknown inorganic material: WATER
I think it'd just be WATER:NONE like most every hardcoded material.

Fakeedit: Yup. Wiki says it includes mining out ice.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4970 on: January 23, 2012, 04:36:02 pm »

But then dwarves would mix it up, and might bring actual water, instead of ice, correct ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: January 23, 2012, 04:57:04 pm »

But then dwarves would mix it up, and might bring actual water, instead of ice, correct ?
Normal water won't be in boulder form.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4972 on: January 23, 2012, 04:59:32 pm »

Ah, you mean [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:WATER:NONE] i will try that

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: January 24, 2012, 02:30:19 am »

Quick question:  Is it possible to make dwarves fly (temporarily)?  I found a really awesome embark I really want to use (3 biomes, seperated by ocean in the middle, big spacious cavern underground I was planning to use as the "outside" of this fort).  The only problem - the wagon appears like, RIGHT in the ocean, so the dwarves won't move as they are getting battered by waves from 3 directions from the start.

So:  would it be possible for me to make them able to fly long enough to get out of the water, then change them back?

edit:  Or would it at least be possible to add some basic innate swimming ability?  ^ ^
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:36:17 am by nukularpower »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: January 24, 2012, 03:45:31 am »

You can make them fly with the [FLIER] tag, but it won't have much effect, since they won't path to their destination while flying (they only path when on the ground.)

I think the same is true for swimming, although you might want to try it.

[NATURAL_SKILL:SWIMMING:16] is enough to set them to legendary swimmers, but I don't know if you can add that tag post-worldgen. I don't think [SWIMS_INNATE] works for fort-controlled creatures, so yeah.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:47:32 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: January 24, 2012, 07:04:39 am »

Question: What are prepared meals made of? I mean, everything has to be made of something...
Or do they take on properties of what they're made of? In such a case, it'd be interesting to know how exactly do they do that.

Either way, I want to make a colossus out of biscuits, and for that, I want to know what exactly are those made of.
A prepared meal is simply a item, and it takes on the material of what it is made of first then encrusted with the other food types. In a way you could make a Cat Biscuit Colossus but there would really be no way of making it drop a prepared meal on death

Ah. Encrusted with other food types, otherwise behaves as the first thing.

Well... does anyone have an idea on how to make a material with properties of dough?

CAKE COLOSSUS
With leaking layers of cooking sherry and frosting on top and so on
Cherry teeth
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: January 24, 2012, 07:48:49 am »

Ive made a new ITEM_TOOL_FUEL_ROD item. I also made a new stone called INORGANIC:ISOTROPE. Using a free reaction so the home civ can supply the item at embark. Set the civ to have [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FUEL_ROD].

[REACTION:GEN_FREE_ITEMS]
   [name:xxx free items for civ xxx]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FUEL_ROD:STONE:ISOTROPE]

Problem is when I go to embark the civ wants to supply me with every type of Fuel Rod (kalonite, steel, iron, gypsum) but not the one I asked for. Also the new firearms I hacked together are doing the same (set the reactions to only make them from iron but the civ will sell me any metal ones).

What am I doing wrong?

Edit. Seems that putting the item in entity_default.txt causes them to have it available in every flavour. How do you make embark items available using free reactions like the ones above?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:54:08 am by Abregado »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4977 on: January 24, 2012, 09:06:21 am »

Edit. Seems that putting the item in entity_default.txt causes them to have it available in every flavour. How do you make embark items available using free reactions like the ones above?

Leave out the [TOOL:xxxxx] of your tool and the guns/ammo

And just use custom reactions to create them. You won't be able to embark with them, but this reduces the chance a WEAPONSMITH/CRAFTSMAN will create them with their workshops.

EDIT: only your fortress civ will be able to use it due to the fact the weapons and tools are forign

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: January 24, 2012, 09:15:26 am »

You won't be able to embark with them

So is there a way to create an item that is available for embark?
The civ will bring items they can get from "cheat reaction" on the caravan?

If not I need a way to limit the number of instances of a new workshop to one/few. Currently the "high tech" workshops all require one of these "Isotropic Fuel rods". Was hoping to make them only available through trade, with the homeciv or another one, and wanted to allow one to be brought with embark.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:19:57 am by Abregado »

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: January 24, 2012, 09:18:55 am »

Crazy double posting thingo
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 357