Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422391 times)

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4950 on: January 21, 2012, 06:37:51 pm »

Question..

Why are Teeth all set to connect to Heads instead of Mouths? Wouldn't it make more sense to replace [CONTYPE:HEAD] with [CON_CAT:MOUTH]?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: January 21, 2012, 08:07:01 pm »

I'm not sure. Heck, I'm not entirely sure if that's a modding question!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4952 on: January 21, 2012, 08:16:26 pm »

Pure theory, but it might have to do with inside and outside. teeth can get knocked out, like a limb. Internal organs cant... If teeths are inside the mouth in the bodyplan, then they might act as inner parts ?

Again, this is just the first thing that came into my mind.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4953 on: January 21, 2012, 09:02:03 pm »

Acually that gave me a idea to add teeth to attach to mouths instead of the head (im sure just leaving the [INTERNAL] tag out will still allow them to be knocked out) Also adding healing rates to most tissues (nails, claws, talons, hair?) I know that the listed tissues don't acually heal they just break off or re-grow to replace the damaged tissue, but DF does not use that.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: January 22, 2012, 06:19:22 am »

lol You need to removed that "/" on the first spoiler, but yes that has been informitive.

As to your stacking question, I've tried that with ammo. There is no way of just "merging" two stacks, but you can use

Spoiler: Option A (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Option B (click to show/hide)

@Prologue
I'm not sure if boiled gas goes up z-levels, but does more density = more gas?

Does anyone know if this solution will work with combining liquids into a larger container? Where would I add the [REAGENT:container] tokens?

One way I do this only consumes a single container of liquid to make the new stack (leaving the second container unemptied). The other way I tried used both buy made 15 times more material out of thin air. Same thing is happening with reactions that have two reagents the same that need to be in containers.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:42:02 am by Abregado »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: January 22, 2012, 10:48:43 am »

*blerb from me about "merging" things*

Does anyone know if this solution will work with combining liquids into a larger container? Where would I add the [REAGENT:container] tokens?

One way I do this only consumes a single container of liquid to make the new stack (leaving the second container unemptied). The other way I tried used both buy made 15 times more material out of thin air. Same thing is happening with reactions that have two reagents the same that need to be in containers.
trying to merge things with two reagents is hard because your finished "stack" can only take the material from one of them (which means it will only use that stack, leaving oddies with the other reagent "like not using or using all to no effect")

So think of a reagent and product as a ratio (this is using a [REACTION_CLASS]/[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION] without this the product does its own thing)

If I had a reaction like this

[REAGENT:A:25:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLUMP_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:25:PLANT:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:PLUMP_MAT]

I would get a even product with the amount of reagent

but if I did this

[REAGENT:A:2:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLUMP_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:PLANT:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:PLUMP_MAT]

that is two reagents to one product, so if I grabbed a stack of [4] plump helmets I would only get 2 back (6 -> 3 / 4 -> 2/ 2 -> 1)

now that is explained I will create a mockup of what your reagent "should?" look like:

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:liquid:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:"class name"]
[REAGENT:liquid container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:liquid]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:new container:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JAR:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT][EMPTY]
[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:liquid:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:new container]

now since you wanted "two" barrels/jars/buckets/jugs/pots/etc... to be merged into one you will have to increase the reagent requirement to how much you want merged then make the product amount the same (yes it looks fairly simple and you could do the same without [REACTION_CLASS] but this way will include accidental overflow of stacks to be used)

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: January 22, 2012, 11:44:37 am »

Question: What are prepared meals made of? I mean, everything has to be made of something...
Or do they take on properties of what they're made of? In such a case, it'd be interesting to know how exactly do they do that.

Either way, I want to make a colossus out of biscuits, and for that, I want to know what exactly are those made of.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: January 22, 2012, 11:57:57 am »

Question: What are prepared meals made of? I mean, everything has to be made of something...
Or do they take on properties of what they're made of? In such a case, it'd be interesting to know how exactly do they do that.

Either way, I want to make a colossus out of biscuits, and for that, I want to know what exactly are those made of.
A prepared meal is simply a item, and it takes on the material of what it is made of first then encrusted with the other food types. In a way you could make a Cat Biscuit Colossus but there would really be no way of making it drop a prepared meal on death

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: January 22, 2012, 01:25:27 pm »

Since we're in the reaction sort of mode here quick question on dealing with stacks. If I have a reaction that takes 2 reactants and make a product then to get the amount of finished products produced by a stack I divide the number by two right? But what if I end up with a left over decimal place (3/2=1.5), how does the game treat it then? Does it just consume the extra and round down? Do I end up with partial "product" pieces in the smelter like I do with bars? Does it just round normally (.5 and up goes to 1 and <.5 goes to 0)? Or does it become a percentage (50% chance to generate an additional product in this case)?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: January 22, 2012, 01:35:36 pm »

Does anyone know the full list of BUILD_LABOR skills/tokens?

because I know "MINER" and "MINING" don't work because it is "MINE" for a build labor

So what would I use so a brewer would construct the building? I'm trying to make an Advanced Brewery for REGEN

EDIT:
also anyone know a graphics pack that has the complete kobold proffesions and military/nobles? if not I'll have to so some forgering of Phoebues set (which is not really Phoebus its Sphr's but I will use Phoebues format and then doctor Kobolds)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:38:42 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: January 22, 2012, 01:59:39 pm »

Hmm, is there a way we can use ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT to make a creature need to drink something to keep it in high spirits, but can't drink anything else (ex: grim reapers only 'drink' souls extracted from corpses, but otherwise can't drink anything else and doesn't really need to drink anything to keep it non-thirsty.)?

Note that this isn't limited to just drinking; anything that can allow the creature to consume something to stave off alcohol withdrawal without drinking water will do just fine.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: January 22, 2012, 02:40:48 pm »

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: January 22, 2012, 02:46:37 pm »

A quick one - how can I add wool/hair as a reaction product?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: January 22, 2012, 03:03:16 pm »

A quick one - how can I add wool/hair as a reaction product?
goto the material_default_templete.txt

locate HAIR
and drop
   [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:USE_HAIR_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:HAIR]

then the reagent would be

CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:USE_HAIR_MAT]

or something to that effect
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 357