Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422522 times)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4845 on: January 12, 2012, 08:03:21 pm »

I have a reaction that should sacrifice blood.. but it doesnt work. The game claims that I need magma... ?

Blood isn't considered inorganic because it's part of a creature. The only inorganic liquid in the game is magma, so it gets confused and spits that out. CREATURE_MAT might work, I'm not sure.
Also, you'll want the barrel as a separate reagent with [CONTAINS:blood]. I assume that's what you're trying to do, at least - use the barrels of blood that caravans bring?
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: January 12, 2012, 08:03:57 pm »

I have a reaction that should sacrifice blood.. but it doesnt work. The game claims that I need magma... ?

[REACTION:SACRIFICE_BLOOD]
   [NAME:Offer blood to Armok]
   [BUILDING:ARMOK_ALTAR:NONE]
   [REAGENT:BARREL:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:BLOOD]
   [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:25:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_ARMOK_SWORD:INORGANIC:IRON]
   [SKILL:ALCHEMY]

Could anyone have a look and tell me what I am doing wrong ?
EDIT: LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:BLOOD is that better ?
You want to require a barrel of blood, yes? You never actually call for a barrel item... you only called the reagent "BARREL" (you could call it anything you want, seems people commonly just use "A" "B" etc). You will need two seperate REAGENT tags. One, REAGENT:BARREL:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE with the preserve, does not determine tags you already have, plus a [CONTAINS:BLOOD] and then a REAGENT:BLOOD:1:(see below)

Your LIQUID_MISC_NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:BLOOD doesn't work, as far as I recall. You're better off going to the blood material definition and sticking a [REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD] or something similar into it. Then you can call [REAGENT:BLOOD:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD] to pick anything made from blood.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4847 on: January 12, 2012, 08:57:06 pm »

Yes, it was about blood brought by caravans. I was wondering the whole time how you create blood, but if I want to do that I'd have to write a custom reaction it seems.

Maybe something along the lines of this:
Reagent: empty barrel
Product: blood in barrel
Prodcut: inorganic stone that boils away with a syndrome the induces bleeding.

This way I could have blood, other then the traded one. :)

And thanks a lot for the answer, I was so completely lost with this... ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4848 on: January 12, 2012, 09:30:18 pm »

Part of the problem is that there isn't a single BLOOD material.  Each type of creature has its own BLOOD material, and you'd have to specifically call for the type of blood by creature in the reaction.  You'd need as many reactions as there are creatures with blood you wanted to use.

The alternative would be to add REACTION_CLASS:IS_BLOOD to MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE, and then make a reaction that can sacrifice any liquid, with REACTION_CLASS:IS_BLOOD used in the reaction to only permit blood-type liquids.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4849 on: January 12, 2012, 09:36:05 pm »

I added the raction_class to the blood mat. It works, with any blood :) Only problem is that the whole barrel gets emptied in one go, but that is a minor bug, also called: feature.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: January 12, 2012, 10:57:15 pm »

More blood for the blood God... no complaints there.
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4851 on: January 13, 2012, 05:49:21 pm »

Spam spam spam... apperantly I cant barerly do anything myself, so here you go: My idea is to take a random drink or random food item, and improve them. I want the reagent to be any drink or any food, and the product to be the SAME drink/food item, just with higher value. Is this possible ?

Otherwise I might just take reagent: any drink/food item, and product: a premade high value thingy. All takes place in a magma dependant building.

### refine food ### takes 1 food item, creates 1 food item with higher value

[REACTION:REFINE_FOOD]
   [NAME:prepare extravagant meal]
   [BUILDING:MAGMA_KITCHEN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:<item token>:<material token>][...modifiers...]
   [REAGENT:container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:A]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:<item token>:<material token>][...modifiers...][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:X][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:<IDENTIFIER>]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER]
[IMPROVEMENT:<probability>:<reagent name>:<improvement type>:<material token>]
[SKILL:COOK]

### refine drink ### takes 1 drink item, creates 1 drink item with higher value

[REACTION:REFINE_DRINK]
   [NAME:brew extravagant drink]
   [BUILDING:MAGMA_BREWERY:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:DRINK:NONE:NONE:NONE]            <--------Any Booze
   [REAGENT:container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:A]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:<item token>:<material token>][...modifiers...]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER]
[IMPROVEMENT:<probability>:<reagent name>:<improvement type>:<material token>]
[SKILL:BREWER]

Also something that should work, but if you want to have a look: obsidian and slade making:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I noticed that the buildings I use for this are categorized under WORKSHOP, not SMELTER like I hoped. appearently it is not the needs_magma tag. Is it the laborskill:Smelt that makes the buildings into smelters ?

EDIT2: And another one: Sould take any 25 bolts and a special gem, and produce 25 of my self made ammo, made of a metal with a syndrome that melts at body temperatur. It hits an enemy, the bolt gets stuck, melts, and the creature is affected by the syndrome. Testing reactions take a vast amount of time, so I rather have them proofread here ;)

[REACTION:PRODUCE_FIRE_AMMO]
   [NAME:prepare fire ammo]
   [BUILDING:ALCHEMYCAL_LAB:NONE]
   [REAGENT:B:1:SMALLGEM:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:FIRE_GEM]
   [REAGENT:B:100:25:AMMO:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:BOLT]
   [PRODUCT:100:25:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_SPECIAL:INORGANIC:FIRE]
   [SKILL:ALCHEMY]
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:43:08 pm by Meph »

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: January 13, 2012, 07:06:15 pm »

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do with the improvements and I've never seen it done with food before so I really have no idea if it will work.

Improvements that can be used in reactions are decorations - adorned with hanging rings of x, menacing spikes of y, etc.

I noticed that the buildings I use for this are categorized under WORKSHOP, not SMELTER like I hoped. appearently it is not the needs_magma tag.

To make something appear under the furnace section, use [BUILDING_FURNACE:BUILDING_NAME] at the beginning instead of [BUILDING_WORKSHOP:BUILDING_NAME]. Buildings categorized under furnaces also require an architect to oversee construction in addition to whatever build labors are listed.

And another one: Sould take any 25 bolts and a special gem, and produce 25 of my self made ammo, made of a metal with a syndrome that melts at body temperatur.

As long as you have an ammo type called ITEM_AMMO_SPECIAL and an inorganic material called FIRE, yeah, should work.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4853 on: January 14, 2012, 03:18:41 pm »

Thanks about the furnace/workshop thing. Realy obvious once you see it.

The slade and obsidian factories work, the mats for special ammo as well. The whole system is set up. :)

I thought that improvements would raise the value of an item ? If not, then I have to change it, and produce a new, high value food item. But I would like to keep it in relation to the original value. Any ideas about that ?

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: January 14, 2012, 05:33:16 pm »

• Is it possible to create a creature that has the tissue: scales, leather and skin on the same creature? And would it make it harder to penetrate it or would it be simpler to create a custom tissue/material?
  • Is it possible for a civ to survive world gen if it breeds by laying eggs? I.e. Dinosaurs.
  • Is it possible to remove all but one stone and give it the tags [SEDIMENTARY] [IGNEOUS]  etc and would it still show up on all stone layers?
  • Is it possible to remove metals from embark sites, but still be able to order them via caravans?
  • How do I remove the cavern layers?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4855 on: January 14, 2012, 05:52:07 pm »

1. Yes, but it would be better with a costum material. See genesis toughleather/toughscale for it.
2. Yes
3. Yes. I have done so, no problems.
4. Maybe ?
5. You can select the number of caverns in the advanced world gen.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4856 on: January 14, 2012, 05:54:29 pm »

4. You can remove the FURNACE_OPERATOR job that way the civ can't smelt ore, thus cutting off metal. And trade with other civs for metal

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: January 14, 2012, 05:56:23 pm »

But...you wouldnt be dorfy without metal. WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU? AN ELF?

Also, would it be possible to make one part of a creature fleshy and such, and the rest metallic? I need to add this to my mod for a mech.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4858 on: January 14, 2012, 05:57:36 pm »

Good workaround. :)

If a pet has [MAXAGE:1:1] and will live only one year... will most of the pets that arrive with a caravan will die of old age as soon as they enter the map ?  Or do they count as freshly born ?

And again my old question:
I thought that improvements would raise the value of an item ? If not, then I have to change it, and produce a new, high value item. But I would like to keep it in relation to the original value. Any ideas about that how to do that ?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4859 on: January 14, 2012, 06:01:05 pm »

But...you wouldnt be dorfy without metal. WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU? AN ELF?

Also, would it be possible to make one part of a creature fleshy and such, and the rest metallic? I need to add this to my mod for a mech.
Oh ho! Did you pick a good time to post this. Yes you can have one part fleshy (I guess the Operator?) and the rest metal+ mechanical parts when damaged (through metal plating) will cripple/hinder the mech.

To do this it's best to assign the Tissue_Layers within the creature. Do you have a template?
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 357