Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422620 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4545 on: December 03, 2011, 10:11:58 pm »

^you need a C++ editor and the source of the game, which you sure as hell aren't getting from Toady.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: December 04, 2011, 08:11:11 am »

How do ranged weapons assign skill?

For example, in
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, what could I change to make them use the bowman skill in melee too?

Also, is there any way to change rate of fire? AFAIK SHOOT_MAXVEL is just the projectile's speed.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: December 04, 2011, 08:35:18 am »

@Tirion - What do you mean? Like using a bow as a blunt weapon also?

My question is, does [SPEED:x] affect attack rate (melee and breath attacks) or does it only affect it's movement?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: December 04, 2011, 12:42:45 pm »

In order to change the melee skill of ranged weapons simply change [SKILL:SWORD] to [SKILL:XXX] (in this case BOW). As for the ranged skill used, it is in the [RANGED:BOW:ARROW] token.

As for the [SPEED:X] tag, currently speed affects everything about a creature. How fast it moves, how fast it is able to attack, everything.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: December 04, 2011, 06:23:44 pm »

Do Beekeeper and Alchemist skills level up normally? Because Dwarf Therapist doesn't see them, even as v-g on the unit does...

Also:
What happens when there are multiple [SKILL:skill name] tags in a reaction or weapon description? Will only dwarfs with ALL the jobs (associated with the listed skills) activated do the reaction? Will it train all those skills simultanously, as fast as it would train one? How about weapons with multiple skills, can it be done? What happens when it's done, will the highest level skill of the dwarf be used to calculate the effect, or what?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: December 04, 2011, 07:29:53 pm »

The beekeeper skill is bugged in DT since the last official version of DT was before beekeeping was fully implemented, so it won't show up properly. As for the alchemist skill, nothing currently uses the skill in normal DF, since the skill is simply the old version of the soap maker skill at the moment.

As for multiple [SKILL:XX] tokens, only the last one is looked at for purposes of weapons/reactions IIRC. The only exception to this is for setting the build labor for a custom building, in which case multiple BUILD_LABOR tokens mean that a dwarf with any of those tokens can build it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: December 06, 2011, 05:22:05 am »

Is there any way to turn off clothing degradation? Preferably while still allowing civilian dwarves to wear the items?

Also, do duplicate entries in entity files lead to "duplicate raw" FUN?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:57:23 pm by Tirion »

UnkemptArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: December 06, 2011, 01:58:12 pm »

I'm having issues with a reaction that burns wood blocks into charcoal. I've tried a number of different ways to specify, but the dwarves seem to think they can use any sort of block, rather than just wood. Anyone know how to phrase this properly in the raws?

Reaction below:

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: December 06, 2011, 04:00:23 pm »

I'm having issues with a reaction that burns wood blocks into charcoal. I've tried a number of different ways to specify, but the dwarves seem to think they can use any sort of block, rather than just wood. Anyone know how to phrase this properly in the raws?

Reaction below:
You could put [REACTION_CLASS:WOOD] under the WOOD_TEMPLATE in material_template_default and make the reagent in the reaction:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:WOOD]instead.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

UnkemptArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: December 06, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »

Truth. I was trying to find a way that requires little or no modification to the default raws, since I do a lot of shuffling around. Was just hoping there was a way to specify "any wooden [item]".

Tahnks, I'll probably end up going with this anyway :)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: December 06, 2011, 07:35:53 pm »

I have done much questing in the answer to this, but alas: my search was fruitless.
If there are multiple song_games, then will they play randomly, or do I have to mash all the songs i want into one file?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: December 06, 2011, 09:15:31 pm »

I have done much questing in the answer to this, but alas: my search was fruitless.
If there are multiple song_games, then will they play randomly, or do I have to mash all the songs i want into one file?

Since song_game is a filename, you're going to have to be one of those filesystem wizards to allow both in the same folder.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: December 07, 2011, 12:45:25 pm »

I want my humans to have their coat of arms (taken from descriptor_shape, I guess) visible in their description. Is it possible without adding a new body part?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: December 07, 2011, 02:42:01 pm »

Probably not without altering the code somehow.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: December 07, 2011, 06:36:40 pm »

Is there any way to turn off clothing degradation? Preferably while still allowing civilian dwarves to wear the items?

the only way i can think you can do that is removing standard clothing from the entity and then giving access to new custom clothes without the SOFT token
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 357